Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my roommate, who is from Apple Valley and knows Tyus better than most, he has told me several times that Tyus' Family will move with him if he were to go to Kansas, Duke, etc.. This kind of rules out being near family as one of Minnesota's top selling points.

get out of here t-hugs

From my roommate, who is from Apple Valley and knows Tyus better than most, he has told me several times that Tyus' Family will move with him if he were to go to Kansas, Duke, etc.. This kind of rules out being near family as one of Minnesota's top selling points.

Which school is offering his family the best jobs?

I don't need to say it's my opinion as that is obvious and redundant because I obviously said it. You should have learned this in freshman comp. If you cannot understand that or if you have an issue with that then that is your problem. It isn't mine.

The earth is round ..... Is that my opinion or a fact ?

If someone speaks it is redundant for that person to say, "in my opinion" because we know the only opinion it can be is the opinion of the speaker.

Um, no. But you are right, if what you are really saying is that, most times, it can be gleaned from context whether the statement is opinion or fact.

Fact:
2 + 2 = 4

Opinion:
Conversations about English class suck.

????:
Tyus has ruled out going to Minnesota and is putting on a show to make his life easier in the short term.

Um, no. But you are right, if what you are really saying is that, most times, it can be gleaned from context whether the statement is opinion or fact.

Fact:
2 + 2 = 4

Opinion:

????:
Tyus has ruled out going to Minnesota and is putting on a show to make his life easier in the short term.

That's an opinion and one should not act asif it was a fact.

Alright, let's get back on topic. Enough with this opinion vs fact crap.

pfffttt....Why would a family give up jobs in the Twin Cities area for only two years of living in North Carolina or Michigan? They are not.

some folks have wild imanginations

Fact:
2 + 2 = 4

Opinion:

????:

Obviously, you have or had a reading comprehension problem as well. If you read the full post, you would see in the second sentence that I called it an interpretation of the best available information. I then followed with said information and drew the conclusion. This is what I said. "If you don't like how some people interpret the best available information that says something about you not me." Then immediately after this sentence, I said, "In this case, Jones...." You do understand an interpretation is, by definition, not a fact, right? How do you not understand when I talk about interpreting information, presenting the information, and making a conclusion off that information that I made an informed opinion?

Shouldn't a signal have gone off in your brain that when I said, "interpret" that I wasn't speaking as matter of fact?

Honestly, how did some of you guys graduate from college? Are standards really that low? I mean, this is really basic reading comprehension here. I am a little alarmed by this.

In any event, Madtown is right. Let's get back to figuring out where Jones will go.

What are they telling his younger brother Tre? Hey kid, we love you, but are yanking you out of the school with all your friends to move someplace else to watch your brother play ball.

I'd be pissed if I were Tre.

Ironic.

I don't know if I even read any of it. Nor did I comment on it.

Yep.

So, you commented on a comment regarding my comment without reading my comment. That makes sense.

In any event, I'm curious. Do we know if Pitino has ever reached out to Okafor?

What are they telling his younger brother Tre? Hey kid, we love you, but are yanking you out of the school with all your friends to move someplace else to watch your brother play ball.

I'd be pissed if I were Tre.

Me too. I don't buy this idea at all. Maybe they'd buy a condo or rent an apartment and retain two homes if they could make that work. But they're not up-and-leaving, unless the school he goes to hooks his parents up with safe, better paying jobs.

Me too. I don't buy this idea at all. Maybe they'd buy a condo or rent an apartment and retain two homes if they could make that work. But they're not up-and-leaving, unless the school he goes to hooks his parents up with safe, better paying jobs.

Kansas has been doing that (hooking people up with jobs) and many other shady things for years. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them all move to Lawrence when he moves there.

pfffttt....Why would a family give up jobs in the Twin Cities area for only two years of living in North Carolina or Michigan? They are not.

They figure that they can quit working altogether in a year or two?

Did you nominate yourself a GH Mod? I've seen several post from you lately saying this.

Just annoyed to open up a recruiting thread with new posts to find an off topic discussion or a pissing match.

Kansas has been doing that (hooking people up with jobs) and many other shady things for years. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them all move to Lawrence when he moves there.

Duke has been the consensus pick but don't underestimate how much Kansas is willing to pay for Okafor/Jones. I hate to think how much they paid for Wiggins.

The longer Tyus waits.. the more time he can observe Pitino's Gophers and the way they play - that might be a big selling point!

The longer Tyus waits.. the more time he can observe Pitino's Gophers and the way they play - that might be a big selling point!

No chance. He will follow is big friend to Kansas, and I'd put it at greater than 50/50 that one or both of his parents "land" jobs in Lawrence. KU's day of reckoning is coming (repeated violations and red flags eventually can no longer be swept under the rug).

Do a lot of kids take their parents with them to college these days?

No chance. He will follow is big friend to Kansas, and I'd put it at greater than 50/50 that one or both of his parents "land" jobs in Lawrence. KU's day of reckoning is coming (repeated violations and red flags eventually can no longer be swept under the rug).

Self is pulling a Pete Carroll. By the time the NCAA starts investigating he'll be in the NBA.

The one person who seems to be saying Tyus doesn't have a chance of coming to Minnesota is Pitino...he has offered sooo many point guards which he wouldn't do if he thought he could get Tyus to Minnesota. Tum Tum said he told him he was is #1 guy. To me this shows that he has virtually no confidence in landing Tyus and is spending his energy on more realistic point guards....

The one person who seems to be saying Tyus doesn't have a chance of coming to Minnesota is Pitino...he has offered sooo many point guards which he wouldn't do if he thought he could get Tyus to Minnesota. Tum Tum said he told him he was is #1 guy. To me this shows that he has virtually no confidence in landing Tyus and is spending his energy on more realistic point guards....
It us called not putting all your eggs in one basket

I agree. It's one thing to offer other PGs, but to publicly state the someone other than tyus is the priority is almost conceding defeat.

I agree. It's one thing to offer other PGs, but to publicly state the someone other than tyus is the priority is almost conceding defeat.

Publicly? More like privately, if at all. The only time we've heard that it was coming from the player.

Publicly? More like privately, if at all. The only time we've heard that it was coming from the player.

Exactly. Tum Tum said Pitino told him he was their number 1 guy, as did Ja'Quan Newton... I'm sure he also told that to Joseph & Snider (maybe even Perkins). It's called recruiting - It's not like a coach would ever tell a recruit he wanted that they weren't the number one guy.

Edit: Unless they were way down the list and it was more of a conditional offer.

Exactly. Tum Tum said Pitino told him he was their number 1 guy, as did Ja'Quan Newton... I'm sure he also told that to Joseph & Snider (maybe even Perkins). It's called recruiting - It's not like a coach would ever tell a recruit he wanted that they weren't the number one guy.

Edit: Unless they were way down the list and it was more of a conditional offer.

what do you mean? telling a kid he's the 5th option and we'll only take him is player A B C and D decide they don't want to come is not a strong selling point?

what do you mean? telling a kid he's the 5th option and we'll only take him is player A B C and D decide they don't want to come is not a strong selling point?

Sorry about the confusion, my point is that Pitino probably tells every top 100 type player that he offers that they are his number one guy... where as when he offers guys that are much further down and the list, he's not telling them they're his number one guy. It would be more like, "I see you coming in and contributing as a freshman and progressing with our help to become a great player"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom