Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I submit. You are obviously the leading authority on all-things Tyus Jones' personal life. Forget the fact that his mom has stated many times that they're best friends. How would she know, he's just her son. Anyway, I'm done with this argument and it's likely to be deleted anyway. You are free to have your own opinion, I just think your logic is extremely flawed.

You could be right and I could be wrong but I grew up with my HS friends. We went to parties together, played video games, hung our at the mall,went to prom, etc etc. How do you do that with your best friend who lives 7-8 hours away? Maybe times change idk? Just doesn't see how a long distance friendship equates to being best friends. But that's just me. The sooner he takes us off the list/commits to another school the sooner we can stop having these conversations

You could be right and I could be wrong but I grew up with my HS friends. We went to parties together, played video games, hung our at the mall,went to prom, etc etc. How do you do that with your best friend who lives 7-8 hours away? Maybe times change idk? Just doesn't see how a long distance friendship equates to being best friends. But that's just me. The sooner he takes us off the list/commits to another school the sooner we can stop having these conversations

Maybe your arugement, which I totally get, is why he has no interest in staying home. Perhaps he grew up with hoops as his best friend and became part of the system. Seems grounded, good parenting I guess, but he doesn't appear to have any affiliation with home, other than his address. Tyus seems like a good kid and I would go ape *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# if he signed with us, but he won't and I'm at peace with it :) Its time to focus on Vaughn, who I think wouldn't mind being back home for college. Everyone is worried because of his prep school decision, but it could help us as well.. if he truely misses home, we have a great shot. Not a crazy thought.

The sooner he takes us off the list/commits to another school the sooner we can stop having these conversations

No, we can stop having these conversations once you stop judging a kid for wanting to play college basketball with a close friend of his.

No, we can stop having these conversations once you stop judging a kid for wanting to play college basketball with a close friend of his.

To some extent, I can see where SoMPLS is coming from.

Tyus should be making his decision based on what's best for him, as should Okafor. If they happen to end up at the same school, great for them.

Even taking the Gopher out of the equation, what happens if Tyus wants Duke and Okafor wants Kansas? That's why the package is dumb. One of them will have to be the "alpha" for the package to hold in that scenario, and I personally think where you play college basketball is too big a decision for either of them to concede their first choice.

Tyus should be making his decision based on what's best for him, as should Okafor. If they happen to end up at the same school, great for them.

The last thing is like to do is try to get into the mind of a 17 year old, but it sounds like that's what they're talking about. Most of the stuff I've read is that they're "planning" to play together; which is much less binding than what done people are claiming. I think being able to play together is a factor, but it's not necessarily a leading requirement.

I have no trouble believing that they could end up at different schools. Shoot, this year has shown a ton of top recruits that aren't afraid to stay home. How great would it be to have a Tyus vs Okafor matchup when we play Illinois in 2015?

Besides, they're obviously going to play together in the NBA when the Wolves go an unprecedented 0-82 and they are drafted #1 and #2 overall.

http://www.rantsports.com/prep-sports/2013/09/23/tyus-jones-apple-valley-squad-squares-off-against-whitney-young-and-jahlil-okafor-on-december-12th/ Jones and Okafor are going to toss on Minnesota gear and throw oops after this match up... right? One can dream.

Would be pretty cool if the rouser could get started or a "stay Home Tyus" or "We Want Tyus" chant started.

My guess? Tyus throws on Gophers gear and Okafor Illini gear and they both decide to stay home :)

Tyus will not be visiting UK this weekend as was originally planned.

Would guess he will reschedule.

EDIT: Looking like the cancellation is due to the Tyler Ullis commitment and will not be rescheduled. One more out of the race.

I'm thinking it probably has to do with the Tyler Ullis commit.

nm.....just saw that you edited your original post.

Tyus will not be visiting UK this weekend as was originally planned.

Would guess he will reschedule.
I know Kentucky still wants Tyus but maybe Tyus kind of crossed Kentucky off the list when they got the Ulis commitment, not saying he wouldn't play over Ulis because he would but it still could effect his interest in Kentucky. I've never really seen Kentucky as a serious player for Tyus and when they got Ulis I pretty much felt that killed whatever chance they had left with Tyus.

I know Kentucky still wants Tyus but maybe Tyus kind of crossed Kentucky off the list when they got the Ulis commitment, not saying he wouldn't play over Ulis because he would but it still could effect his interest in Kentucky. I've never really seen Kentucky as a serious player for Tyus and when they got Ulis I pretty much felt that killed whatever chance they had left with Tyus.

So how many teams are left in the Tyus Race now? Minnie, Kansas, Duke, Baylor??

Well it sounds like we don't need to worry about seeing any of the Big Three play at Kentucky. Small consolation for me.

Well it sounds like we don't need to worry about seeing any of the Big Three play at Kentucky. Small consolation for me.

Now I won't have to fake smile when I'm in Lexington seeing clients 3 or 4 times a year and telling them "I really hope they bring you a championship".

Jones is Duke or Kansas. Minnesota insiders have shared that.

It's just a logical guess, they don't actually know that. I'd bet money he goes to Duke, but if Okafor backs out of the package deal (probably won't happen) AND we get an official visit, then there will be a glimmer of hope for us IMO.

It's just a logical guess, they don't actually know that. I'd bet money he goes to Duke, but if Okafor backs out of the package deal (probably won't happen) AND we get an official visit, then there will be a glimmer of hope for us IMO.

0% chance he stays here even with an official visit and Okafor backing out of the package deal. We are on his list because we are the hometown school that's it. It would be great if Tyus went to Kansas though because it'd mean another place Vaughn wouldn't go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom