Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems we should know within the next couple weeks whether Tum Tum chooses the Gophers. If he does, can we mercifully just blow up this thread?
We're not taking two pure PGs in the same class.
Eve if Tum Tum chooses Minnesota we would take Tyus in a minute. And there is nothing wrong with taking two point guards in the same class.. If you have well rounded guards there is nothing wrong with having three guys with point guard skills.

In lieu of writing an endorsement of KU (I think his best choice is MN), I will tell you why not Duke.

1) Okafor won't go to Duke. If he he does he is a fool. Big men at Duke set screens, rebound and have underwhelming NBA "careers".

2) Coach K has the most deceptively racist (which fits in with most of their fans) recruiting practices in the country.

3) Duke is simply not cool. In fact, they are easily the most mocked and ridiculed team in the country (for good reason)

Your first point is accurate. In fact, Mitch McGary said that was the reason he didn't go to Duke. However, point 2 and 3 are foolish. 17 year old kids love Duke. It's the 25-70 year olds that hate them.

Eve if Tum Tum chooses Minnesota we would take Tyus in a minute. And there is nothing wrong with taking two point guards in the same class.. If you have well rounded guards there is nothing wrong with having three guys with point guard skills.

Agreed. It may give Tyus a reason to cross the Gophers off the list (since it seems inevitable) or give Pitino a reason to back off Jones, but a commitment from Tum Tum shouldn't derail our already slim chances of landing Jones. If Tyus is a 1-2 year player, I don't think he's threatened by Tum Tum.

Until he officially decides to leave his state, family, friends and population of Minnesotan's who have been packing his gyms for 3+ years to follow another player across the country so they can play together for 4-5 months in front of a fan base that knows nothing of him other than how many stars he has, we have "a chance".

Until he officially decides to leave his state, family, friends and population of Minnesotan's who have been packing his gyms for 3+ years to follow another player across the country so they can play together for 4-5 months in front of a fan base that knows nothing of him other than how many stars he has, we have "a chance".

Holy run-on sentence.

For those needing more fuel to the Tyus to Kansas fire -

“@EvanDanielsFOX: The word behind the scene is Kansas currently leads for the top 3 big men (Okafor, Turner & Alexander) in the 2014 class. Think about that.”

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but Tyus has a account on Ask.fm where people ask him questions and he answers them. I came across a question someone asked, "what are the chances you go to Minnesota???", and Tyus replied, "idk" Love that enthusiasm from him!!

There was a question about him definitely playing with Okafor in college, he said yes. No surprise. Also said he plans to make his decision in November.
If any of you are interested in this little Q&A website here is the link: http://ask.fm/Tyusjones

Some of the questions aren't really basketball related, but it seems the majority of them are. You can ask him questions straight from that link without making an account on the site.

Vaughn has one, as well.

maybe he will tell us how he can play with Okafor in college but yet Minnesota is still an option

Never understood why Tyus has this infatuation with playing with Okafor and following him around. Not too many top 5 prospects go around following other players. That's why I respect Vaughn way more then Tyus. There's no package deal with Vaughn he's gonna do what he wants to do. Tyus could easily pull Travis in as a package to go to the Gophers. That would've got re recruiting rolling. Who knows who follows then. Instead he plays games like MN is an option when it's obvious we are not. I'm a huge fan of his game. More then others who don't think he translates at a higher level. His ultimate downfall is going to be his leadership. A lot of people compare him to Chris Paul. No way. He's not half the leader Paul ever was even at Wake Forest and I doubt he ever will. Hopefully we can have a good year on the court and get some of these local 2015 and beyond kids get excited to play for the home school.

Never understood why Tyus has this infatuation with playing with Okafor and following him around. Not too many top 5 prospects go around following other players. That's why I respect Vaughn way more then Tyus. There's no package deal with Vaughn he's gonna do what he wants to do. Tyus could easily pull Travis in as a package to go to the Gophers. That would've got re recruiting rolling. Who knows who follows then. Instead he plays games like MN is an option when it's obvious we are not. I'm a huge fan of his game. More then others who don't think he translates at a higher level. His ultimate downfall is going to be his leadership. A lot of people compare him to Chris Paul. No way. He's not half the leader Paul ever was even at Wake Forest and I doubt he ever will. Hopefully we can have a good year on the court and get some of these local 2015 and beyond kids get excited to play for the home school.

So the package deal with Okafor makes him weak but if he were to package with Travis to come here that would have been okay? :confused:

Did I say he was weak? I said I don't understand. You think with Jones and Travis they don't convince Vaughn or someone of that caliber? I wouldn't be too quick to be an apologist if I were. You're gonna end up gettin your feelings hurt...

Did I say he was weak? I said I don't understand. You think with Jones and Travis they don't convince Vaughn or someone of that caliber? I wouldn't be too quick to be an apologist if I were. You're gonna end up gettin your feelings hurt...

Take it easy my friend...deep breaths...deep breaths...

You took a shot at his leadership, I take that as weakness. I just don't see how you can say he lacks leadership unless you are pointing to the package deal, he did lead Apple Valley to a state title last year. It just seemed really hypocritical of you to call Tyus out for the package with Okafor (saying he follows him around) and in the same breath talk about him teaming up with Travis and bringing other players to the U. Of course Tyus and Travis could help bring players to Minnesota, although I think that it would probably hurt our chances with Vaughn. I think Vaughn wants to be "The" guy wherever he ends up.

For the record, I'm not a Tyus apologist, I would love to see him end up in maroon and gold and will be disappointed when he likely goes elsewhere, I just don't like how so many people on this board judge him for going where he wants. If one more person posts about asking Tyus how Minnesota is still on his list if he'll play with Okafor I'm going to scream. The kid is 18 and should be allowed to make his college decision however he wants to, it is his life after all.

You took a shot at his leadership, I take that as weakness. I just don't see how you can say he lacks leadership unless you are pointing to the package deal, he did lead Apple Valley to a state title last year. It just seemed really hypocritical of you to call Tyus out for the package with Okafor (saying he follows him around) and in the same breath talk about him teaming up with Travis and bringing other players to the U. Of course Tyus and Travis could help bring players to Minnesota, although I think that it would probably hurt our chances with Vaughn. I think Vaughn wants to be "The" guy wherever he ends up.

For the record, I'm not a Tyus apologist, I would love to see him end up in maroon and gold and will be disappointed when he likely goes elsewhere, I just don't like how so many people on this board judge him for going where he wants. If one more person posts about asking Tyus how Minnesota is still on his list if he'll play with Okafor I'm going to scream. The kid is 18 and should be allowed to make his college decision however he wants to, it is his life after all.

You can take it how you want. But with the exception of Lebron James top players don't make package deals. they do what they wanna do and others follow them. If Tyus ends up signing somewhere that doesn't involve Okafor I will take back everything I'll definitely change my opinion, which really doesn't matter. Bottom line is Jones has a player that he won a national championship with (Travis) that I'm guessing would entertain the thought of playing with Tyus on the next level. Why follow Okafor? I know Okafor has a higher ranking but who produced more this summer then Reid Travis? Not many, including Okafor.

You can take it how you want. But with the exception of Lebron James top players don't make package deals. they do what they wanna do and others follow them. If Tyus ends up signing somewhere that doesn't involve Okafor I will take back everything I'll definitely change my opinion, which really doesn't matter. Bottom line is Jones has a player that he won a national championship with (Travis) that I'm guessing would entertain the thought of playing with Tyus on the next level. Why follow Okafor? I know Okafor has a higher ranking but who produced more this summer then Reid Travis? Not many, including Okafor.

Pretty sure Tyus and Okafor are close friends off the court as well, so I don't think the package is entirely based on wanting to play with other top players.

Weren't Adam Weber and Eric Decker kind of the same way on the football team, best friends growing up who decided to play football together?

Tyus and Okafor are best friends. Are you really saying you will think less of Tyus is he goes to the same school as his friend? Also, who's saying Okafor is running the show and Tyus is following?

Tyus and Okafor are best friends. Are you really saying you will think less of Tyus is he goes to the same school as his friend? Also, who's saying Okafor is running the show and Tyus is following?

Best friends??? Com'on man. Who has best friend who lives in a different state. Stop it. Maybe best twitter or FB friends. I guess we'll see in November who's driving.

Best friends??? Com'on man. Who has best friend who lives in a different state. Stop it. Maybe best twitter or FB friends. I guess we'll see in November who's driving.

Alright, I submit. You are obviously the leading authority on all-things Tyus Jones' personal life. Forget the fact that his mom has stated many times that they're best friends. How would she know, he's just her son. Anyway, I'm done with this argument and it's likely to be deleted anyway. You are free to have your own opinion, I just think your logic is extremely flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom