Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, FWIW Tyus' mom tweeted a photo of Tyus and Okafor giving an interview a week or two ago, and captioned it "Future teammates."
(No, I don't follow Tyus Jones' mom, it was something Fuller retweeted). As a Gopher fan I find that kind of insulting. Sorry, I just do.

It is starting to sound like a decision has already been made, I'm guessing Duke.

Sorry if I missed it in this massive thread, but has Pitino gone through the motions of offering Tyus' buddy Okafor (or reconfirming Tubby's offer if he made one)?

Also, FWIW Tyus' mom tweeted a photo of Tyus and Okafor giving an interview a week or two ago, and captioned it "Future teammates."
(No, I don't follow Tyus Jones' mom, it was something Fuller retweeted). As a Gopher fan I find that kind of insulting. Sorry, I just do.

The honorable thing for the Jones's to do is to look Coach Pitino in the eye and give it to him straight. It bothers me less that the Gophs are not realistically in the picture than it does that Tyus can't man up and be honest with people.

The honorable thing for the Jones's to do is to look Coach Pitino in the eye and give it to him straight. It bothers me less that the Gophs are not realistically in the picture than it does that Tyus can't man up and be honest with people.

I see the opposite. He's so open and honest about his desire to team up with Okafor. That's open and honest with people. He's been quoted at least 10x saying that. Okafor has Illinois, Jones has Minnesota as their only non-common schools on their lists. I don't think they're stringing those respective schools along. They're just not shutting the door to staying home, which is smart. Never know what catastrophic thing could happen for them to need to stay close to home.

I see the opposite. He's so open and honest about his desire to team up with Okafor. That's open and honest with people. He's been quoted at least 10x saying that. Okafor has Illinois, Jones has Minnesota as their only non-common schools on their lists. I don't think they're stringing those respective schools along. They're just not shutting the door to staying home, which is smart. Never know what catastrophic thing could happen for them to need to stay close to home.

I don't think Okafor has Baylor on his list. MN/Baylor sounds very PC to me. Yes you never know.

If you're not currently practicing law you might have missed your calling.

It would not surprise me if the Jones's had already told Pitino they are gone. No need for him to do it publicly if the coaching staff knows. I do not see Coach Pitino sitting, waiting and hoping like a previous administration may have done. Everything I hear from the Apple Valley people is that he is a legit upstanding kid. I don't see him messing with the Gophers, and I have confidence in the staff to do what is best for the program. If he goes to another B1G school, I will boo him forever, though.

It would not surprise me if the Jones's had already told Pitino they are gone. No need for him to do it publicly if the coaching staff knows. I do not see Coach Pitino sitting, waiting and hoping like a previous administration may have done. Everything I hear from the Apple Valley people is that he is a legit upstanding kid. I don't see him messing with the Gophers, and I have confidence in the staff to do what is best for the program. If he goes to another B1G school, I will boo him forever, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly this.

How do you know that Tyus hasn't already done that? It would look great for the program if they "looked" like they were in it until the very end. It's completely within the realm of possibility that Tyus has already informed Pitino of his intentions.

I think you are right. Pitino more than likely knows exactly where he stands with Tyus.

If Pitino doesn't land Tyus or Rashad, his hiring will be a complete dud. Teague's whole rational for firing Tubby was to get a coach that could land the big 3.

If Pitino doesn't land Tyus or Rashad, his hiring will be a complete dud. Teague's whole rational for firing Tubby was to get a coach that could land the big 3.

You must be one of those KY inbreds. Teague never mentioned the Big 3 once. He wanted a young and hungry coach not an old and lazy coach living off a title from more than a decade ago. GTFO.

How do you know that Tyus hasn't already done that? It would look great for the program if they "looked" like they were in it until the very end. It's completely within the realm of possibility that Tyus has already informed Pitino of his intentions.

If that's the case, he needs to stop telling the fans and media that Minnesota is still in the running.

Look, it's his choice to leave the state if he so chooses, but it does him no good to continue to lead people on...if that is what he's doing.

Whether a coaching hire is a complete dud should and will be judged on on the court performance (and staying out of major off the court issues, like the Haskins scandal and Royce White). If Pitino manages to turn us into consistent B1G championship contenders and a team that can win a few games in the big dance, no one is going to care whether or not we landed the big three.

If that's the case, he needs to stop telling the fans and media that Minnesota is still in the running.

Look, it's his choice to leave the state if he so chooses, but it does him no good to continue to lead people on...if that is what he's doing.

As long as he is straight with Coach Pitino. That's all that matters.

You must be one of those KY inbreds. Teague never mentioned the Big 3 once. He wanted a young and hungry coach not an old and lazy coach living off a title from more than a decade ago. GTFO.

Pollyanna, we understand you worship all things Pitino. Wouldn't mom and dad be disappointed after spending all that money on your education, that you are fixated on the need to pile on Orlando? Time to move on.

I'm not sure but I tend to think that job performance, 37% success rate in conferences had a little more to do with it.

I believe Tubby had a better chance at landing one of the Big 3.

I believe Tubby had a better chance at landing one of the Big 3.

Tubby, Tubby, Tubby, Tubby. You are getting boring. He is gone, let him go. Come along with the rest of us to reality. You do have a lot to add to GH.

Tubby, Tubby, Tubby, Tubby. You are getting boring. He is gone, let him go. Come along with the rest of us to reality. You do have a lot to add to GH.

Just allowed my opinion....Tubby and his staff had a better chance at landing one of them. Rather than Pitino coming in late...not Pitino's fault....Just saying.

Just allowed my opinion....Tubby and his staff had a better chance at landing one of them. Rather than Pitino coming in late...not Pitino's fault....Just saying.

Tubby had ZERO chance of landing any of the 'big 3'.

Player respect for Michigan State's Tom Izzo noticeable to recruit Tyus Jones

"Coach Izzo, I look at the respect his players have for him," Jones told 247Sports.com. "It goes to show what type of coach he is and how his players respect him and feel for him. It’s great for them to have a relationship with him like that."

Besides Michigan State, the other schools Jones is considering are Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Ohio State.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2013/05/player_respect_for_michigan_st.html

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom