Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even though it seems unlikely he is coming here, happy birthday to Tyus Jones today!

@collegebbnews: Tyus Jones was a perfect 11 of 11 from the field as he finished with 27 points, 8 assists and 6 steals as Howard Pulley defeated CI Bounce

Go Gophers!!

There really should just be 300 people wearing Gopher shirts at every game Tyus plays, going forward. The entire populace should get in on his recruitment. (To any degree that doesn't violate NCAA rules, of course).

Please let this be the last post of this thread. He is not coming here. He and his boy toy are going to Duke or Michigan St.

RV and RT. Let's show them how much we want them in their threads.

Please let this be the last post of this thread. He is not coming here. He and his boy toy are going to Duke or Michigan St.

agreed 100 percent. Just move on to the next recruit.

Didn't realize you were close friends with Tyus and knew exactly what he was thinking. I guess if you say he isn't coming here, everyone should know it's true. Someone let ESPN know to cross Minnesota off the list.

A 17/18 year old can be pretty unpredictable.

Feel free to ignore this thread if you don't want to follow the Tyus Jones saga. He is a local player who is the best high school point guard in the country - regardless of whether or not he comes to Minnesota, you can see why some people might be interested in following his recruitment.

So what you're saying is, since you no longer have any interest in this thread no one else should either? Got it.

Tyus dunking on Jahlil's team.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BF1IkqzBoOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MaxPreps: Selfless Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor hope to play together in college

Jones, who has narrowed his lists of schools to Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Ohio State and Minnesota, is candid with college coaches when it comes to his recruiting request.

"Every school knows that me and Jahlil would like to attend the same school," Jones said.

Jones and Okafor first played against one another in third grade in AAU nationals. The two didn't really know each other at that point, but when both players tried out and made the USA Basketball U16 team, their friendship really started to grow.

"I think we'd be a phenomenal duo," said Jones about teaming up with Okafor in college. "He's a beast down low and a phenomenal big man. He has great hands, great feet, very mobile. Myself, I think, that'd be good to play alongside him just because I know I can pass the ball and set him up and be able to get him easy baskets."

Okafor is being recruited by mostly the same schools as Jones, expect for Okafor has North Carolina and Louisville on his list and Jones has Minnesota, which has its campus only about 20 miles from his home.

"We're letting each other have really their own recruiting process," Jones said. "At the same time, we're still kind of talking with each other on what schools we have in common and where we think we can go together and feel like we'll be successful."

"I would like to have a decision by (November) so I can just concentrate on my senior year and have it out of the way," Jones said. "If I'm not ready to make a decision, then I'm not going to force anything or rush anything because it's such a huge decision and a very difficult one at that."

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/cAvrB-...l-okafor-hope-to-play-together-in-college.htm

Go Gophers!!

MaxPreps: Selfless Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor hope to play together in college

Jones, who has narrowed his lists of schools to Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Ohio State and Minnesota, is candid with college coaches when it comes to his recruiting request.

"Every school knows that me and Jahlil would like to attend the same school," Jones said.

Jones and Okafor first played against one another in third grade in AAU nationals. The two didn't really know each other at that point, but when both players tried out and made the USA Basketball U16 team, their friendship really started to grow.

"I think we'd be a phenomenal duo," said Jones about teaming up with Okafor in college. "He's a beast down low and a phenomenal big man. He has great hands, great feet, very mobile. Myself, I think, that'd be good to play alongside him just because I know I can pass the ball and set him up and be able to get him easy baskets."

Okafor is being recruited by mostly the same schools as Jones, expect for Okafor has North Carolina and Louisville on his list and Jones has Minnesota, which has its campus only about 20 miles from his home.

"We're letting each other have really their own recruiting process," Jones said. "At the same time, we're still kind of talking with each other on what schools we have in common and where we think we can go together and feel like we'll be successful."

"I would like to have a decision by (November) so I can just concentrate on my senior year and have it out of the way," Jones said. "If I'm not ready to make a decision, then I'm not going to force anything or rush anything because it's such a huge decision and a very difficult one at that."

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/cAvrB-...l-okafor-hope-to-play-together-in-college.htm

Go Gophers!!

Famous Quote

Eagles don't flock, you have to find them one at a time.

Go Gophers!!

Decision by November? What happened to waiting to see how the Gophers performed under Coach P? I wish Jones would just cut us off his list so Pitino can focus recruiting efforts elsewhere.

Decision by November? What happened to waiting to see how the Gophers performed under Coach P? I wish Jones would just cut us off his list so Pitino can focus recruiting efforts elsewhere.

Don't worry, Pitino isn't waiting around. He's already offered a number of other PGs.

He says right in there:

He's very saavy, this kid knows what he's saying. But I highly doubt Pitino is really worried about it, the guys flying all over the place and has numerous guys on his radar. He's not banking the entire house on this kid.

He says right in there:

He's very saavy, this kid knows what he's saying. But I highly doubt Pitino is really worried about it, the guys flying all over the place and has numerous guys on his radar. He's not banking the entire house on this kid.

Pitino has at least 7 uncommited 3,4,5* level PGs for the 2013-14 class that he is recruiting heavily enough to be listed on the player's profile. That's the way to do it. If Tyus comes- he comes - if not-we get somebody else.

I don't get why there are still people that seem to think you can't recruit Tyus AND other options at point guard. This isn't football, the recruiting board doesn't have hundreds of names on it. You still have to cast a wide net but it is not like he can't recruit other guys while still going hard after Tyus at the same time. He is only trying to fill 3-4 scholarships a year, not 25+.

Sorry if I missed it in this massive thread, but has Pitino gone through the motions of offering Tyus' buddy Okafor (or reconfirming Tubby's offer if he made one)?

Also, FWIW Tyus' mom tweeted a photo of Tyus and Okafor giving an interview a week or two ago, and captioned it "Future teammates."
(No, I don't follow Tyus Jones' mom, it was something Fuller retweeted). As a Gopher fan I find that kind of insulting. Sorry, I just do.

Also, FWIW Tyus' mom tweeted a photo of Tyus and Okafor giving an interview a week or two ago, and captioned it "Future teammates."
(No, I don't follow Tyus Jones' mom, it was something Fuller retweeted). As a Gopher fan I find that kind of insulting. Sorry, I just do.

Yep. Tyus seems like a good kid, but everything I've heard from his mom really rubs me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom