Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Tyus and mom are on the same page in regards to talking points.

I have no problem with these package deals as long as it is not a case of the package going to the highest bidder (which let's be honest it almost certainly is, in todays college basketball). Kentucky proved this year that all the elite talent in the world does not guarantee you are going to win it all. They brought in a huge amount of high school talent, missed the NCAA tournament and got bounced early in the NIT.

That was awesome.

Considering we are going after Kaleb, it's safe to say Richard not going to wait for Tyus and end up without a 14' pg. That's what Tubby would have done and then scramble and reach on a Mav2.0 type guy.

@RyanJamesMN 1 May Kaleb Joseph is a 4star PG recruit in 2014, Joseph Uchebo is the 35th ranked juco in 2013. Articles on both today at http://Minnesota.rivals.com

Tubby already had offers out to at least two other 2014 point guards.

You heard it here first.....

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'd love to get Tyus. But I'd be satisfied if we got another highly ranked PG to commit before Tyus commits to Duke (or wherever).

I'm going to let this play out...I think Pitino and his staff are the right guys to run MN basketball and build us a championship contender. We don't need Tyus to make that happen...and frankly, think if we do it without him it helps in the future with great MN talent to keep them at home...grass isn't always greener!

...On the Baylor staff is former Hopkins High School standout Jared Nuness, a distant cousin of Tyus. He has long admired Nuness. “It’s family and so you know…it’s a consideration,” Debbie said. “It’s always nice to know somebody and stuff like that.”...

...“I think they’re the same as they always have been,” Debbie said. “Tyus has it narrowed down to seven schools and Minnesota is one of those seven. They were there kind of regardless of who is coaching there..."

Looks like Baylor has as much chance as the Gophers. Minnesota and Baylor would appear to be simply courtesy inclusions.

In a interview with FSN.....I find it interesting\or disappointing that he is still sticking by this....

FSN: Speaking of recruiting, you and Jahlil Okafor of Chicago are good friends. Do you still talk about going to the same school? (Minnesota is not on Okafor's list of schools.)

JONES: Yes sir. We're still planning on attending the same college.

If it is indeed true that Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor are extending the package deal to include Cliff Alexander and Justise Winslow, I would have to think Mich St. would be in the driver seat considering from what I have been reading that Cliff Alexander is a heavily leaning Michigan St. We already know that both Tyus and Jahlil have a very favorable opinion of Mich St and most of us had them their top 2 way before any mention of Alexander being in the mix. If there had to bet, I would put money on Michigan State upon hearing this news.

If would be kind of fun if Tyus went to MSU. He would be booed on par with LeBron in Cleveland the first time he played in the Barn.

If would be kind of fun if Tyus went to MSU. He would be booed on par with LeBron in Cleveland the first time he played in the Barn.

I hope not. Wouldn't make our recruitment of his brother any easier if he turns out to be a big time player like Tyus. Might not want to burn any bridges just because he chooses another school.

I hope not. Wouldn't make our recruitment of his brother any easier if he turns out to be a big time player like Tyus. Might not want to burn any bridges just because he chooses another school.

You are kidding yourself if you think A) He wouldn't be booed, B) That it could be stopped/avoided, and C) That it would affect his bro's decision. We don't even know if Tre is going to be anything close to Tyus either, so no need to worry about that. Plus, apparently he is a Gophers super fan.

You are kidding yourself if you think A) He wouldn't be booed, B) That it could be stopped/avoided, and C) That it would affect his bro's decision. We don't even know if Tre is going to be anything close to Tyus either, so no need to worry about that. Plus, apparently he is a Gophers super fan.

Didn't say we could stop it. It'll happen. Might not affect his decision either, but it could affect how be feels about our fans if it's excessive, which wouldn't help us. Not too worried about it right now, just saying I hope it isn't excessive. Personally I'll still like Tyus no matter where he goes, I'll just like him a lot more if he stays home.

Never know! If his brother is a Gopher fan, he might boo him too!

Didn't say we could stop it. It'll happen. Might not affect his decision either, but it could affect how be feels about our fans if it's excessive, which wouldn't help us. Not too worried about it right now, just saying I hope it isn't excessive. Personally I'll still like Tyus no matter where he goes, I'll just like him a lot more if he stays home.

If he doesn't go to Minnesota or another B1G team, he is just another player to me. If he goes to a conference rival, I'm not going to lie, he'll become a bit of a villain to me.

I respect that.....but man, can you even fathom the amount of animosity spewed his way if he opts for MSU? I'm guilty....I would root for his failure just out of spite which isn't fair to Tyus but it is the truth. Just asking...could you really cheer for him if he went there? He seems like a great kid but I just don't see how I could get past it. Hell...I despise Taylor Hill to this very day although I can't blame her for not wanting to play for Borton.

I respect that.....but man, can you even fathom the amount of animosity spewed his way if he opts for MSU? I'm guilty....I would root for his failure just out of spite which isn't fair to Tyus but it is the truth. Just asking...could you really cheer for him if he went there? He seems like a great kid but I just don't see how I could get past it. Hell...I despise Taylor Hill to this very day although I can't blame her for not wanting to play for Borton.

I've watched Tyus since he was in middle school. I just really like watching him play and am amazed by his feel for the game, so I think no matter who he plays for I'll still be able to appreciate his ability. Also being around him he just really seems like a great kid. Very humble for all the attention he gets. Easy for me to respect someone like that. I think I also just have confidence in Pitino to get a good alternative and good recruits in general, in which case I won't be feeling too salty. There's an unreal amount of talent coming up in this state. It isn't just the Big Three. I'm not getting attached to any one of them.

I've watched Tyus since he was in middle school. I just really like watching him play and am amazed by his feel for the game, so I think no matter who he plays for I'll still be able to appreciate his ability. Also being around him he just really seems like a great kid. Very humble for all the attention he gets. Easy for me to respect someone like that. I think I also just have confidence in Pitino to get a good alternative and good recruits in general, in which case I won't be feeling too salty. There's an unreal amount of talent coming up in this state. It isn't just the Big Three. I'm not getting attached to any one of them.

+1 I can't boo a Minnesota kid.

Great response...I just personally don't know how in the world I would cope with it. My "provincial" part of me would overwhelm all of the other feelings. My apologies if my previous responses came across as personally directed at you or underground...just passionate about the topic.

Great response...I just personally don't know how in the world I would cope with it. My "provincial" part of me would overwhelm all of the other feelings. My apologies if my previous responses came across as personally directed at you or underground...just passionate about the topic.

Yeah, it'd be a bit of a battle in my head between the provincial part of me and the logical part of me. I'd be better and it'd be hard to watch him if he was beating the U. However, I wouldn't boo him and I'd probably cheer for him against anyone but the U (same goes for the other two).

This is why Tyus is waiting he doesn't want his spend his senior year getting booed at his hs games. I don't care where he goes as long as he doesn't go to Sparty. By accepting that he isn't coming here I can be pleasantly surprised if he does come here, if not than whatever.

Guys,
everything I hear is that Tyus loves Duke and K. As a frustrated MSU I have had it with Duke.
Idoubt there is a trio package, never works out that way.

If Cliff were involved then it might poit to Ky or MSU , with the 3- I still doubt it

According to Tre's Instagram account his favorite team is Duke.

According to Tre's Instagram account his favorite team is Duke.

Huh, every report I've seen suggested Tre was a huge Gophers fan. I'm thinking he's a Duke fan now because Tyus is probably going to go there. Or maybe Coach K is already recruiting Tre.

It's unbelievable how much I hate Duke when I respect Coach K so much. It must lie with that a-hole, Laettner.

Some of you would seriously boo Tyus Jones if he went to MSU? That's laughably stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom