Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYBL The Circuit's feature of last Saturday's matchup between Jones and Vaughn. Pretty good clip.

EYBL The Circuit's feature of last Saturday's matchup between Jones and Vaughn. Pretty good clip.

"He doesn't like the spotlight, believe it or not."

Ya, that's why he's forming one of the biggest package deals in recent history.

"He doesn't like the spotlight, believe it or not."

Ya, that's why he's forming one of the biggest package deals in recent history.

Actually, probably. Instead of being "the guy" he would just be "one of the guys". I get what you're saying but I can see it working both ways.

They were talking about the opposing players.

That's not how I took it. The PE coach was talking about Tyus then the HP coach talked about him. It isn't 100% clear but the way the video played out that's the way that it seems to me.

CBS:

Since last summer, Okafor and No. 2-ranked prospect Tyus Jones have constantly stated they want to play together in college.

That hasn't changed.

“I talk to him every day,” Okafor said. “He's one of my best friends. We definitely want to go to the same school. Even without basketball, I'd want to go to college with him. He's a point guard, pass-first. He makes the game a lot easier for me.”

Jones has seven schools left on his list, and the only school that doesn't overlap with Okafor's suitors is Jones' in-state school: Minnesota. Okafor hasn't trimmed his list just yet, but he wants to cut it to seven or eight very soon.

Both guys want to take their visits, so don't expect a decision until the fall.

“We want to commit at the same time,” Okafor said. “You don't want to have to deal with it throughout your last year. If we know where we're going, we're definitely going to commit.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-looks-to-trim-list-play-alongside-tyus-jones

Go Gophers!!

CBS:

Since last summer, Okafor and No. 2-ranked prospect Tyus Jones have constantly stated they want to play together in college.

That hasn't changed.

“I talk to him every day,” Okafor said. “He's one of my best friends. We definitely want to go to the same school. Even without basketball, I'd want to go to college with him. He's a point guard, pass-first. He makes the game a lot easier for me.”

Jones has seven schools left on his list, and the only school that doesn't overlap with Okafor's suitors is Jones' in-state school: Minnesota. Okafor hasn't trimmed his list just yet, but he wants to cut it to seven or eight very soon.

Both guys want to take their visits, so don't expect a decision until the fall.

“We want to commit at the same time,” Okafor said. “You don't want to have to deal with it throughout your last year. If we know where we're going, we're definitely going to commit.”

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-looks-to-trim-list-play-alongside-tyus-jones

Go Gophers!!
All but Minnesota, that says it all. He has basically a six school list. Minnesota is just a PR add on that has a very little chance. Doesn't mean the Gophers shouldn't keep trying but let's be realistic.

All but Minnesota, that says it all. He has basically a six school list. Minnesota is just a PR add on that has a very little chance. Doesn't mean the Gophers shouldn't keep trying but let's be realistic.

Yep. Our only chance is if things fall apart between Tyus and Okafor. And what did Tyus say, they are 99% sure? So there you go. Our odds are less than 1%, since even if they decide to not play together we still aren't a sure thing to land him.

I thought the dead give away was Coach P. offering 2 scholarships a day to PG's.

Yep. Our only chance is if things fall apart between Tyus and Okafor. And what did Tyus say, they are 99% sure? So there you go. Our odds are less than 1%, since even if they decide to not play together we still aren't a sure thing to land him.

At this point I would say our only chance is Tyus deciding he really wants to play for coach P and bringing along his buddy for the ride. Clearly the odds of that happening are next to none but I just can't see those two having a falling out. In the meantime Pitino is doing what any smart coach should do by going out and looking for other options at point guard position while still doing anything and everything to get Tyus on board.

Please keep telling us about your bold prediction that Tyus isn't staying here. It gets more interesting every time.

I don't know if you have me mistaken for someone else but I don't make predictions. That was a half serious response to the article above. We haven't had a lot of good news regarding Tyus as of late and there have been a seemingly increase in the number of reports about his package deal. Just not feeling too confident about him coming to the U right now. Sorry for posting.

At this point I would say our only chance is Tyus deciding he really wants to play for coach P and bringing along his buddy for the ride. Clearly the odds of that happening are next to none but I just can't see those two having a falling out. In the meantime Pitino is doing what any smart coach should do by going out and looking for other options at point guard position while still doing anything and everything to get Tyus on board.

Our only chance is if Tyus and Okafor have a falling out.

There's a higher chance (but still very unlikely) that Tyus thinks it's not in his best interest to play with Jahlil than for Jahlil to commit to Minnesota.

Our only chance is if Tyus and Okafor have a falling out.

+1

You haven't literally said "I predict" but you've made it pretty clear a number of times that you don't think Tyus is coming. I don't think anyone honestly believes that we have a really good shot at Tyus, but the number of people who feel the need to post over and over that Tyus isn't coming here and we need to get over it are getting extremely annoying (that isn't directed at you--just in general).

The shots at Tyus (again, not directed at you) for wanting to play with friends are also going over the top. He's not the one constantly bringing it up. He's simply asked about it. I don't think he's going to say he doesn't want to play with them. The others players are the ones who seem to really care (which makes sense--he gets them easy buckets and I'm sure he's a good friend).

I don't know if you have me mistaken for someone else but I don't make predictions. That was a half serious response to the article above. We haven't had a lot of good news regarding Tyus as of late and there have been a seemingly increase in the number of reports about his package deal. Just not feeling too confident about him coming to the U right now. Sorry for posting.

You haven't literally said "I predict" but you've made it pretty clear a number of times that you don't think Tyus is coming. I don't think anyone honestly believes that we have a really good shot at Tyus, but the number of people who feel the need to post over and over that Tyus isn't coming here and we need to get over it are getting extremely annoying (that isn't directed at you--just in general).

The shots at Tyus (again, not directed at you) for wanting to play with friends are also going over the top. He's not the one constantly bringing it up. He's simply asked about it. I don't think he's going to say he doesn't want to play with them. The others players are the ones who seem to really care (which makes sense--he gets them easy buckets and I'm sure he's a good friend).

I'd like to see the posts where I continually point out that he isn't going to come here. The only time I even come close to a prediction is just stating my gut feeling after reading a new recruiting report on him. I want Tyus to come here, badly. I even added that idiot poster that has the HUGE signature stating he isn't coming here to my ignore list. I just happen to share my gut feelings every now and then, particularly after reading report after report about him playing with Okafor. I think most Gopher fans think it's unlikely he comes here.

The fun of all of the comments about these youngsters is people saying "what they are thinking." All of them will end up somewhere, playing together or against each other, and I look forward to the future, where ever they end up. There are a lot of good apples in the bushel.

I don't believe he's coming here if his bond with Okafor is as strong as it appears. Sorry that he can't be the one to steer the boat but such is life. If he chooses MSU then I will root for his failure...JMO.

" I've pretty much accepted that he won't be staying home."

"The bad news is I think we've pretty much lost out on Tyus."

"C ya Tyus."

I'm not going to go through a million pages on here but here are a few recent posts. I'm guessing you didn't say it more than that though anyway because you're rarely pessimistic on here (which is why these recent posts about Tyus stood out). I quoted you in my original post but it was more directed at people in general who feel the need to continually tell us that Tyus isn't coming here and we need to get over it.

I'd like to see the posts where I continually point out that he isn't going to come here. The only time I even come close to a prediction is just stating my gut feeling after reading a new recruiting report on him. I want Tyus to come here, badly. I even added that idiot poster that has the HUGE signature stating he isn't coming here to my ignore list. I just happen to share my gut feelings every now and then, particularly after reading report after report about him playing with Okafor. I think most Gopher fans think it's unlikely he comes here.

I don't believe he's coming here if his bond with Okafor is as strong as it appears. Sorry that he can't be the one to steer the boat but such is life. If he chooses MSU then I will root for his failure...JMO.

Why is everyone thinking that Okafor is driving their collective decision? Dave Telep I believe recently reported that Tyus was the guy everyone wanted to play with, basically that others would follow him wherever he went. You can find guys who can put the ball in the basket at a high level a lot of places, but guys who set up their teammates and make everyone else better are rare.

Why is everyone thinking that Okafor is driving their collective decision? Dave Telep I believe recently reported that Tyus was the guy everyone wanted to play with, basically that others would follow him wherever he went. You can find guys who can put the ball in the basket at a high level a lot of places, but guys who set up their teammates and make everyone else better are rare.

If Tyus was in fact "driving the boat" and seriously considering the Gophers, wouldn't that require Okafor to also consider us? The math doesn't add up for me. Either Okafor is dictating their possible destinations or Tyus isn't really considering the U. I'm just saying...

If Tyus was in fact "driving the boat" and seriously considering the Gophers, wouldn't that require Okafor to also consider us? The math doesn't add up for me. Either Okafor is dictating their possible destinations or Tyus isn't really considering the U. I'm just saying...
That makes sense. If Tyus was driving the boat Minnesota would indeed be on Okafor's list. Or maybe he has told Okafor, Minnesota is on the list for show. I won't be going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom