Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's allowed... unless they all bought their own dinners.

Plus its the wrong approach - its not what they can do for the state and program but what the program and a grateful state [alums] can do for them and their careers. Even after BB is over. And frankly its a lot.

But carry on.

Good points, Luggy....let's just agree that it would be beneficial for all parties involved. :)

You've, uhm...never seen him play, have you?

Hmm... Yes I have. His biggest challenge in college will be learning to bring it 100 percent of the time on defensive side. All year he was never matched up against the top offensive player copyright the Hylanders in the State Tournament.

And us, weirdly enough.

Not really. It's different when it is your hometown team vs a team in your final 5-7 schools. Iowa State =/= Minnesota when it came to Barnes.

I'd love to see him here, but go to Duke kid or Kentucky kid. You're going to the NBA, don't mess around.

Not really. It's different when it is your hometown team vs a team in your final 5-7 schools. Iowa State =/= Minnesota when it came to Barnes.

I'd love to see him here, but go to Duke kid or Kentucky kid. You're going to the NBA, don't mess around.

Yeah, you have to go to programs like that if you want to have NBA success. Just ask Damian Lillard.

Well, if memory serves me correctly, Gophers vs UNC with prodigy Harrison Barnes, not only shut down Barnes but beat UNC.

Yeah, you have to go to programs like that if you want to have NBA success. Just ask Damian Lillard.

Wait, who was the last Gopher to get drafted? How many players have Duke and Kentucky have drafted the last 5 years...oh wait.

Well, if memory serves me correctly, Gophers vs UNC with prodigy Harrison Barnes, not only shut down Barnes but beat UNC.

It does serve you right. But doesn't really apply since I was talking recruiting

It does serve you right. But doesn't really apply since I was talking recruiting

Right, so as soon as UNC, Duke, Kansas, et.al. come calling, Minnesota should move their recruiting down the road to the next town.

Wait, who was the last Gopher to get drafted? How many players have Duke and Kentucky have drafted the last 5 years...oh wait.

Hilarious logic. You aren't serious, are you? I hope not. You think there's something special about the school that is getting those players drafted? You think Kentucky is getting 3*s just like us and using some sort of magic to transform them into NBA talent? Anthony Davis and all these guys who have gone to Kentucky recently were NBA talents BEFORE they got to Kentucky. They would have gone to the NBA whether they went to Kentucky, Minnesota, or whatever other D1 team you can think of. If Minnesota was getting top 5 players on a consistent basis, we would be producing draft picks too. Surely you realize this...

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't Pitino have a relationship with Tyus from his years at Louisville. It seems like he did a good amount of recruiting, I findit hard to believe he has no previous contact with Tyus. Louisville must have been recruiting him from the 8th grade when he was starting for MG, that should have given young Richard a great opportunity to meet and build a repoire with Tyus Jones and the other members of the "Big 3" Maybe I'm wrong though.

Hilarious logic. You aren't serious, are you? I hope not. You think there's something special about the school that is getting those players drafted? You think Kentucky is getting 3*s just like us and using some sort of magic to transform them into NBA talent? Anthony Davis and all these guys who have gone to Kentucky recently were NBA talents BEFORE they got to Kentucky. They would have gone to the NBA whether they went to Kentucky, Minnesota, or whatever other D1 team you can think of. If Minnesota was getting top 5 players on a consistent basis, we would be producing draft picks too. Surely you realize this...
Would you want along side a bunch of 3* players and screw up your NBA chances? Only 30 kids get the guaranteed contracts a year. He is going to play 1, maybe 2 years max, play with the best players possible. Make yourself look good.

If I were Coach (if allowable), I schedule a dinner at Manny's with the Big 3 and their parents and lay out what those 3 could mean to the program and the state of MN. They all see the NBA regardless of where they go to school but would be considered Gods here if they committed. I wouldn't hold them in contempt if they went elsewhere but what a story it would make if they bonded together and stayed home.
Manny's would be good. Throw in rooms at the W .. and they just might commit.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't Pitino have a relationship with Tyus from his years at Louisville. It seems like he did a good amount of recruiting, I findit hard to believe he has no previous contact with Tyus. Louisville must have been recruiting him from the 8th grade when he was starting for MG, that should have given young Richard a great opportunity to meet and build a repoire with Tyus Jones and the other members of the "Big 3" Maybe I'm wrong though.

No, but he might know Vaughn.

Right, so as soon as UNC, Duke, Kansas, et.al. come calling, Minnesota should move their recruiting down the road to the next town.

until you get to the Slauson cutoff. Then get out of your car and cut off your Slauson.

johnnyteresa2dh1.jpg

No. Didn't say that. I said Tyus should go to duke or Kentucky. I didn't say we shud stop recruiting.

Would you want along side a bunch of 3* players and screw up your NBA chances? Only 30 kids get the guaranteed contracts a year. He is going to play 1, maybe 2 years max, play with the best players possible. Make yourself look good.

Tyus is one of the rare players who can have great success almost regardless of what team he plays on. He's special in the sense that he makes players so much better and can elevate a marginal team into a very good one. I think his draft stock will be virtually the same wherever he goes on his current list.

Tyus is one of the rare players who can have great success almost regardless of what team he plays on. He's special in the sense that he makes players so much better and can elevate a marginal team into a very good one. I think his draft stock will be virtually the same wherever he goes on his current list.

Exactly.

maybe its about winning a national title and nba status? i dont know why so many are fixed on the idea tyus is strictly picking a school on his possible nba future? there are a ton of factors i would assume. hall of fame coach, national title, conference title, campus, future teammates, etc etc.

if i was a top rated kid like tyus i would probably go to a blue blood school for the chance at a national title. the idea of staying home with a new coach and potentially being in the early stages of a rebuild would be something that wouldnt interest me. but thats me, many others would stay home no matter what.

maybe its about winning a national title and nba status? i dont know why so many are fixed on the idea tyus is strictly picking a school on his possible nba future? there are a ton of factors i would assume. hall of fame coach, national title, conference title, campus, future teammates, etc etc.

if i was a top rated kid like tyus i would probably go to a blue blood school for the chance at a national title. the idea of staying home with a new coach and potentially being in the early stages of a rebuild would be something that wouldnt interest me. but thats me, many others would stay home no matter what.

I was responding only to his quote about going to Duke or Kentucky since he wants to play in the NBA. If he wants to go there because he wants to win a championship, good for him. Wasn't what we were talking about though.

I was responding only to his quote about going to Duke or Kentucky since he wants to play in the NBA. If he wants to go there because he wants to win a championship, good for him. Wasn't what we were talking about though.

sorry i blew up;)

That's because they bring in far more talented players. We'd send plenty of players to the NBA if we brought in talent like that. I hate hearing about programs "producing" NBA talent. Good programs bring in very talented players. Very talented players are more likely to make it to the NBA for that reason, not because of where they played.

Nice attitude. Oh wait. You're the product of a pathetic college from nowhereville, MN. Go Johnnies.

That's because they bring in far more talented players. We'd send plenty of players to the NBA if we brought in talent like that. I hate hearing about programs "producing" NBA talent. Good programs bring in very talented players. Very talented players are more likely to make it to the NBA for that reason, not because of where they played.

Amen.

He will make the NBA no matter what school he attends. Like Humphries. Go to the U of M kid and be a local hero then come back to Minneapolis, St Paul as a retired player and have another great career doing whatever you want.

No. Didn't say that. I said Tyus should go to duke or Kentucky. I didn't say we shud stop recruiting.

Yeah, cause Kris Humphries could have gone to Duke like he originally planned to do and been a starter but not the go to guy. Maybe more of the fourth option, etc. or he could have gone to the gophers, led the big ten in scoring and rebounding as a freshman and get drafted after one year in the NBA in the first round........which HE DID!!!!!! Just shut up now please.

Tyus - imagine playing with Dre his final year! Go Pher it!!!!!!!!

You've, uhm...never seen him play, have you?

I've seen Tyus play about 5 times. Defense is a foreign language to him. The fact that he is so highly rated is a testament to how good his PG skills are because his defense certainly is not the reason.

Well, if the Big Three all sign up and then Jahlil Okafor jumps on board, Tyus can stay home and win a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom