Tyus Jones to Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How did you do it?

I imagine he got a picture of Tyus, got a picture of a Gopher jersey in roughly the same orientation, put them together, and then didn't feel the need to thank me because I didn't assist him. Sad day.

I imagine he got a picture of Tyus, got a picture of a Gopher jersey in roughly the same orientation, put them together, and then didn't feel the need to thank me because I didn't assist him. Sad day.

Well I actually don't need to thank you because I was done making this before you posted that. But thanks for taking credit!

Well I actually don't need to thank you because I was done making this before you posted that. But thanks for taking credit!

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you do a few of our other recruits too? If you don't want to, that's ok.

I took credit by saying that I didn't assist you? Neato.

Here are Tweets Tyus made on his account from his visit to Duke

"This Duke student section too crazy right now!!! Showin mad love. Ayyyyyye"

"Duke fans showing me too much love out here!! It's great lol"

Here is a tweet by Jahil whom Tyus retweeted.

"Duke fans are crazy! Loving it though. Students going nuts. Ayyyyyyye."

Tyus later retweeted his younger brother saying this along with a photo of duke fans lining up and waiting for tyus to get his autograph late at at night

"Its 11 o clock and they waited outside for them from about 9:30 #madlove"

here is the picture:
pic.twitter.com/xmmtyGAt

I am not sure if this all a set up by Duke or not (wouldn't be surprised) but either way I don't understand why Minnesota can't be as passionate for home town guy as Duke fans are for someone most of them barley know anything about, other than that their school wants him. I mean besides us hardcore fans that come on here, there is very little passion from our fanbase, I was at the football game and saw Tyus walking with Tubby in the student section and there was no reaction at all to him. Don't know if its against NCAA rules, but why not say something over the p.a. like "ladies and gentlemen the number 2 recruit in 2014 is in house, lets all get up and make some noise and show him how much we want him to play for the home town team" kids want attention and frankly I don't think we do a good job of that. I mean I think our odds are slim even if our fanbase was more passionate to get Tyus, but its doesn't hurt, and surely would work on other recruits to show them how much the U wants them and how much they would be loved by the fans, but yea, this was my first post and I decided to go the rant direction, hope to be posting more positive things next time, but glad I joined and looking forward to being part of gopherhole

GopherNation!

Would be surprised if he didn't go to Duke, unfortunately. Would rather have Vaughn anyway.

Don't know if its against NCAA rules, but why not say something over the p.a. like "ladies and gentlemen the number 2 recruit in 2014 is in house, lets all get up and make some noise and show him how much we want him to play for the home town team"

I don't know for sure, but I'd have to think that's a violation.

Here are Tweets Tyus made on his account from his visit to Duke

"This Duke student section too crazy right now!!! Showin mad love. Ayyyyyye"

"Duke fans showing me too much love out here!! It's great lol"

Here is a tweet by Jahil whom Tyus retweeted.

"Duke fans are crazy! Loving it though. Students going nuts. Ayyyyyyye."

Tyus later retweeted his younger brother saying this along with a photo of duke fans lining up and waiting for tyus to get his autograph late at at night

"Its 11 o clock and they waited outside for them from about 9:30 #madlove"

here is the picture:
pic.twitter.com/xmmtyGAt

I am not sure if this all a set up by Duke or not (wouldn't be surprised) but either way I don't understand why Minnesota can't be as passionate for home town guy as Duke fans are for someone most of them barley know anything about, other than that their school wants him. I mean besides us hardcore fans that come on here, there is very little passion from our fanbase, I was at the football game and saw Tyus walking with Tubby in the student section and there was no reaction at all to him. Don't know if its against NCAA rules, but why not say something over the p.a. like "ladies and gentlemen the number 2 recruit in 2014 is in house, lets all get up and make some noise and show him how much we want him to play for the home town team" kids want attention and frankly I don't think we do a good job of that. I mean I think our odds are slim even if our fanbase was more passionate to get Tyus, but its doesn't hurt, and surely would work on other recruits to show them how much the U wants them and how much they would be loved by the fans, but yea, this was my first post and I decided to go the rant direction, hope to be posting more positive things next time, but glad I joined and looking forward to being part of gopherhole

GopherNation!

Duke fans support one team and one team only. It's easy to have that many passionate fans when they don't support the football team or any other team.

Duke actually doesn't have that many fans compared to many of the schools recruiting Tyus. They are more along the lines of Northwestern alumni size-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom