Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

I think by now everyone who follows the team closely knows that Fleck does not like to talk about injuries or player availability - I assume because he doesn't want to tip off future opponents that a player may or may not be available.

as to the media - at least the legitimate media - you have to get confirmation to report something. you can't just throw rumors out there - unless you like getting sued.

as far as Grimm and Gaard, for all practical purposes, they are extensions of the program. they would never say something that might draw the ire of Fleck or Coyle.

Now --- speculation ---- Gaard and other media members may have been asked to keep quiet about Potts until the U had more information. Or, they just didn't notice. Reporters at the end of a game are trying to bang out their game stories, and getting ready to go down to the interview area for quotes, so it's possible they just missed the situation with Potts.

and to reiterate on HIPAA - Potts and his family can release whatever they choose to - but it's their choice. HIPAA means the hospital or the U cannot release info without permission from the patient.
But the patient can agree to make it public.

No one said it was made up. Some of us just thought it was strange that there wasn't more corroboration.

I'm glad the U released a statement, and I hope the young man will be okay.
AND many of us were curious AND worried about the guy.

Yikes! I guess I'll be following this thread for the rest of the day. Hopefully we'll know more soon.
Power to Pott's!

My apologies to you all and best wishes to Trey.

A few running plays before his last play you can see him get tackled and hit by helmet to helmet contact. He shakes his head and looks a woozy.

Forgive my skepticism.
Hopefully this serves as some sort of wake up call to not come in here and continually speak in black/white absolutes on topics you know nothing more than anyone else. You tend to speak with opinions as if they are strong facts.

I think those that posted earlier about the commotion at the stadium were just concerned, like we all were for Mo at the Ohio State game. Not trying to report actual news or start rumors. Football is a tough physical sport and violent game like Hockey, so when you see an injury or medical situation you always get concerned as a fan. Don't really want to speculate just hope for a full and speedy recovery and best wishes to the young man and his family.

Must be something fairly serious for Coyle, the head trainer, and the team physician to all stay over after the game in Indiana with him. Classy move by all 3! Wishing a speedy recovery.
Classy move no doubt

No one said it was made up. Some of us just thought it was strange that there wasn't more corroboration.

I'm glad the U released a statement, and I hope the young man will be okay.
There was more corroboration, you wrote it off and implied it was made up.

That said, I agree with the last sentence of your post.

I think those that posted earlier about the commotion at the stadium were just concerned, like we all were for Mo at the Ohio State game. Not trying to report actual news or start rumors. Football is a tough physical sport and violent game like Hockey, so when you see an injury or medical situation you always get concerned as a fan. Don't really want to speculate just hope for a full and speedy recovery and best wishes to the young man and his family.
Agreed. Violence and injuries are accepted facts in a game like football, but seeing someone carted off with no obvious reason related to the game is a scary thing and I think we were all just concerned for him.

HIPAA.

Prayers to Potts and his family. Hope he's going to be alright.

This thread is like something from the twilight zone or i feel like i now know what its like to be high after reading through this....
If this were the Twilight Zone, everything would be black and white and you'd be puffing on a sweet-tasting cigarette.

Good luck to Trey. Sounds similar to the incident with the Florida basketball player this year. Hopefully it's less serious than that.

There was more corroboration, you wrote it off and implied it was made up.

That said, I agree with the last sentence of your post.

Really? Please link to any post of mine in which I 'wrote it off', and/or 'implied it was made up'.

If you don't do so, I'll assume that you're full of shit, and I might even 'imply' same, publicly.

I'd think we're at the point of considering if he'll ever play football again with how serious this sounds. Hope the kid is OK and can just get back to normal life.

I'll be curious to hear more

Top Bottom