Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

Maybe because they don't want to. Lots of people don't openly share they have cancer right away until they know more about it.
Recent example of that, Norm Macdonald. Even his close friends and collaborators had no idea he was dying of cancer. Why? Nobody's business. His right.
So the two reasons that GH has come up with are:
- pending lawsuit against the U of MN
- genitals were damaged and they're embarrassed.

OK! I'm going with neither of those being the case.
Just to be clear on 2 points:

1. My suggestion was purely in response to your statement that there was "no reason" to remain mum. Absolute statements like that can be quite problematic. I just listed it as hypothetical possibility, by no means a certainty and perhaps highly improbable. Where on that spectrum? I HAVE NO IDEA. That's the only definitive statement I am 100% sure.

2. I also have mentioned, there could be other parties involved besides UofMN. The Stringer case also involved the company that manufactured a weight loss supplement. Rashadi Wheeler (Northwestern) also died tragically. That was a 4 year legal battle, well over $10 million, involving multiple defendants and other 3rd parties.

If they are going to make the players take boosters everyone on the team should know the specifics of the Potts situation.

If they are going to make the players take boosters everyone on the team should know the specifics of the Potts situation.
Maybe the players do know the specifics. Perhaps just enough to know there wasn't a correlation or that probability was extremely low.

Maybe because they don't want to.
That's their choice, of course. And of course, no one, least of all me, thinks they have a "right" to know. That's silly.

But I can 100% validly say it's lame to not share it, IF there's no good reason not to.

You are required to tell your employer of any condition that can affect your ability to do your job.
Okay, I think I have a solution for you guys...somebody put together a NIL deal for Trey Potts.
As part of the agreement have him document his health, assuring he'll be able to fulfill the agreement.
Then break all confidentiality stipulations and just tell us. Simple really. Or better yet, just pay him to tell us! :)

Top Bottom