Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

Carried by a bunch of people into the tent. A lot of panicked/serious looking first responders and people running around. They ended up taking the tent down due to the number of people and had to cut off his jersey and shirt. Looked to be unconscious and I thought they were preparing to get him oxygen and/or an injection. At that point I moved my son and his friend away. All his happened during the final plays. Ended up getting him into an ambulance which zoomed off.

This sounds more like a cardiac incident than anything injury related. But there's no use speculating.

Scary. I hope he's ok. Just being safe is the key now.

Scary description of what happened. God i hope he is OK if this happened to Potts.

Why does only one person in the United States know about this incident?
Why do you want this thread renamed or deleted?

Also, why do you think only one person in the United States knows about this incident? In my post I mentioned numerous people who saw/were involved.

Why do you want this thread renamed or deleted?

Also, why do you think only one person in the United States knows about this incident? In my post I mentioned numerous people who saw/were involved.
I saw all of this except the part where he went into the tent so there's at least two of us. I was a few rows back and a section over though so couldn't see everything. The scary thing to me was seeing him in a neck brace, but no thumbs up as he was rolled past the fan section. Not that no thumbs up is equivalent to a thumbs down, but it seems to be standard practice when a player is at least conscious and capable of doing it. It was really bizarre singing the rouser immediately after he was rolled to the ambulance, and strange that nobody else seemed to notice it right in front of us. Hopefully he's ok and it's just precautionary.

Why does only one person in the United States know about this incident?

Yes, that's a good question. There were thousands of people at the game, yet we have only one person who says they saw it.

Mo go hurt in front of the entire world and it took them 4 days to give an update.

Right, but we all saw Mo get hurt and the TV people were openly talking about it and replaying the moment of injury. In this situation involving Potts, there has been no mention of an incident in any media coverage.

Right, but we all saw Mo get hurt and the TV people were openly talking about it and replaying the moment of injury. In this situation involving Potts, there has been no mention of an incident in any media coverage.
There's been no mention of any player taken away in an ambulance - Potts or otherwise - so this is irrelevant. Or are you trying to say that no player was taken away in an ambulance?

There's been no mention of any player taken away in an ambulance - Potts or otherwise - so this is irrelevant. Or are you trying to say that no player was taken away in an ambulance?

That's exactly my point, that there has been no mention of it. Why has there been no mention of it? It certainly seems like something that would be worthy of a mention in the media, yes?

No mention in the media of neck braces, uniform being cut off, into and out of the medical tent, stretcher, emergency personnel. None of that has been in the news.

I Googled Potts' name; there were no results regarding a medical incident.

That's exactly my point, that there has been no mention of it. Why has there been no mention of it? It certainly seems like something that would be worthy of a mention in the media, yes?

No mention in the media of neck braces, uniform being cut off, into and out of the medical tent, stretcher, emergency personnel. None of that has been in the news.

I Googled Potts' name; there were no results regarding a medical incident.
It does seem media-worthy, yes. The only explanation I can think of as to why there's nothing yet is the tent came down on the opposite side of the field from where the media met the team right as time was being run out so maybe the media members were already walking down and didn't see it. In Ross Ade the ambulance leaves via the same ramp as the exit from the visitor section so I have no doubt about what I saw since I walked within about 10 feet of him being loaded into the ambulance. The player was only wearing pants though so I'll admit I could be mistaken it was Potts since I couldn't confirm aside from recognizing his face and hairstyle. The other poster confirming that he saw Potts though leads me to believe it was in fact him.

You're welcome to believe what you like though and I don't blame you for being doubtful when this seems to be the only information on the internet about the incident. I posted this thread as soon as I got to my car to leave so I figured something might have been shown on TV. It does seem strange that nothing has come out yet about the incident. The fact that no media seemed to notice it along with PJ's reluctance to share any injury news though makes me wonder when we'll know more.

By the way, I just rewatched the end of the game and you can see the crowd around the tent right at the 20 yard line with the light blue gurney, but that's about all you can see.

Whoever it was, the vehicle that took the person away was a Fire Department vehicle. The person on the gurney did not have anything on from the waist up. As another GHer noted, There was no movement with the hands or anything else as he was wheeled away through the Gopher cheerleader area near the drain around the 20 yard line. I was in row 4 and only saw the torso for a few seconds.

So Fleck goes onto the field at the game’s conclusion, shakes hands and hugs his players, then goes into the locker room, dives into the players, who are all celebrating like madmen, all while one of their teammates are dying in an ambulance. Makes sense.

So Fleck goes onto the field at the game’s conclusion, shakes hands and hugs his players, then goes into the locker room, dives into the players, who are all celebrating like madmen, all while one of their teammates are dying in an ambulance. Makes sense.
So you are saying multiple people on this thread are lying?
Make sense, I mean, we are clearly benefiting from lying.

You son, are an idiot.

JG is the sideline guy, he didn’t mention it this morning on his Gopher show that I heard. Agree it seems odd, but as fans we have curiosity, not a right to know the medical condition of Potts or any other player. He is entitled to a degree of privacy if he is having a medical issue.

So you are saying multiple people on this thread are lying?
Make sense, I mean, we are clearly benefiting from lying.

You son, are an idiot.
No, but I’m sure you are. Both.

I’m sure it would make you happy, if not ecstatic, if this were true.

JG is the sideline guy, he didn’t mention it this morning on his Gopher show that I heard. Agree it seems odd, but as fans we have curiosity, not a right to know the medical condition of Potts or any other player. He is entitled to a degree of privacy if he is having a medical issue.
Co-effing-rect.
There is such a thing as HIPPA. If he was having some sort of event, you can’t just run around announcing specifics of that to the world.

Especially when the program is already fairly private, hence the depth charts, and the fact whatever it is/was they are likely consulting with a few different people and it has been less than 48 hours.

I mean…

The University Athletics Department is probably still waiting for conclusive results. They have to abide by privacy laws.

If it is a really serious injury or condition, it may take more than four days to make an official statement. Pray for the young man. This is not a time to speculate.

I don't know if any of the folks here who are doubting Replacement and SMPLS were at the game, but I had two separate groups of friends attend the game and see pretty much the same thing. One of them wasn't sure who it was but pretty much everything else (shirtless, neck brance, ambulance) and another group of friends thought it was Potts. They don't post on Gopherhole.

As to why Fleck didn't bring it up? I mean, you've been around the last few years, right?

As to the media? I mean, you've been around the last few decades right?

I have no idea what happened but I've heard from several groups of people that something did happen. I hope we can point at this thread and laugh on Wednesday, but everyone I talked to said it LOOKED like something serious happened.

I don't know if any of the folks here who are doubting Replacement and SMPLS were at the game, but I had two separate groups of friends attend the game and see pretty much the same thing. One of them wasn't sure who it was but pretty much everything else (shirtless, neck brance, ambulance) and another group of friends thought it was Potts. They don't post on Gopherhole.

As to why Fleck didn't bring it up? I mean, you've been around the last few years, right?

As to the media? I mean, you've been around the last few decades right?

I have no idea what happened but I've heard from several groups of people that something did happen. I hope we can point at this thread and laugh on Wednesday, but everyone I talked to said it LOOKED like something serious happened.
Why would PJ and two, maybe three players be outside the field giving a post game interview that I watched if something this serious happened as described? I just don't get it.

Why would PJ and two, maybe three players be outside the field giving a post game interview that I watched if something this serious happened as described? I just don't get it.
i have no idea, I wasn't there. I just know I've heard from several people who don't know each other that someone was rushed into an ambulance at the end of the game and now a handful of the people that that person was Trey Potts. People that are all massive Gopher fans and wouldn't really have a reason to lie.

I have no idea how everything went down and I have no idea why. I just don't think the people reporting on what they saw at the game are lying.

Outside specific questions and folks we're obviously waiting for results on short term (availability for a game) I don't think PJ has dove into health related topics just for the sake if it unless the player was also talking about it.

Just one of those things.

Not that it tells us anything about what happened, who, or whatever.

Top Bottom