Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

I know! How dare anyone bring up an unlikely diagnosis?!?!?! WTF! Not only should that poster's account be banned but I think he should probably be doxxed and his life ruined for having the audacity to post something less than 100% in line with all of the facts that have been laid out clearly, consistently, and without political manipulation by the CDC.

To do that in a thread where we are discussing only realistic remedies and diagnoses is borderline terrorism. I gasped in horror when I read the post too.

I agree with this. Got to let anti-vax idiots speak too.

Typo police just out in effect.
Thank you.
Yeh, it was really important to clarify there was no such thing as HIPPA. I'm sure everyone reading this thread was fully confused as to what the writer was referring to when they said HIPPA. We all know about HIPAA, but HIPPA???

Updated statement from the U:

Statement on University of Minnesota Running Back Trey Potts
University of Minnesota running back Trey Potts was discharged from an Indiana hospital earlier today and has returned to Minneapolis. Potts is doing well and will continue to receive follow-up care in Minnesota. We want to thank everyone for your thoughts and concern.
Okay...but this statement gives no information about why Trey was in the hospital in the first place.
Follow up care could bevery short term or long term with restrictions.

Of course the Potts family is under no obligation to share the diagnosis and care protocol, so it seems we should just drop this thread and move on to whomever will be our next running back(s).

Has anyone considered that they aren't entirely sure of the severity of the injury? What the time table for Potts return is? Whether he'll be able to return this season at all?

With all of these unanswered questions.....it makes a ton of sense why they wouldn't offer more information. They don't owe anyone details. Potts, his family, and the staff will figure out exactly what the deal is before they release anymore information. Otherwise they are going to be peppered with even MORE questions that they don't yet have answers for.

Yeh, it was really important to clarify there was no such thing as HIPPA. I'm sure everyone reading this thread was fully confused as to what the writer was referring to when they said HIPPA. We all know about HIPAA, but HIPPA???
Most people here have absolutely no clue about either but think they do.

Has anyone considered that they aren't entirely sure of the severity of the injury? What the time table for Potts return is? Whether he'll be able to return this season at all?

With all of these unanswered questions.....it makes a ton of sense why they wouldn't offer more information. They don't owe anyone details. Potts, his family, and the staff will figure out exactly what the deal is before they release anymore information. Otherwise they are going to be peppered with even MORE questions that they don't yet have answers for.

This was my thought as well

Tangent alert, sorta

All this HIPAA talk….The irony of HIPAA and patient data security (and portability…) was data security‘s final capitulation at the hands of HITECH and it’s subsequent coerced technological malfeasance that did next to nothing in terms of its stated goal to help clinics and hospitals share patient data (or improve care)…but did help hackers gain even more access to more patient records. Most everyone reading this likely has at least one or more of their medical records floating around on the dark web. CMS/Congress : not my problem, bro…🤷‍♂️

If you really want it Potts info will probably be for sale in the next couple years.

Give it some time. There will be more clarity with Trey's health and future. Let's keep praying for him that he continues to heal and recover fully.

Tangent alert, sorta

All this HIPAA talk….The irony of HIPAA and patient data security (and portability…) was data security‘s final capitulation at the hands of HITECH and it’s subsequent coerced technological malfeasance that did next to nothing in terms of its stated goal to help clinics and hospitals share patient data (or improve care)…but did help hackers gain even more access to more patient records. Most everyone reading this likely has at least one or more of their medical records floating around on the dark web. CMS/Congress : not my problem, bro…🤷‍♂️

If you really want it Potts info will probably be for sale in the next couple years.
So you have never been to different doctors at different locations that all could review your test results, x-rays, scans, etc...? Go ahead and push hidden conspiracy tales, it better fits your agenda.

The thing is ... the docs clearly didn't think he was in stable enough condition to fly home to Minnesota and continue treatment here. For six days.

Even if he had folded his knee sideways ... he would've gotten surgery in Indiana the next day, I'm guessing, and maybe stayed a day extra in the hospital before flying home (or driving, if need be).

He ran off the field of his own power, then collapsed or told his teammates that he felt like he was going to pass out, they carried him over to the tent, trainers/medical staff cut off his uniform, and he was taken to the hospital and kept there under observation for six days.

That is just crazy.

I've got to think it was some kind of worry about a brain hemorrhage? Or something along those lines? Wild guessing.

So you have never been to different doctors at different locations that all could review your test results, x-rays, scans, etc...? Go ahead and push hidden conspiracy tales, it better fits your agenda.
More like, his profession.

Physicians from differing medical entities absolutely do not have access to every scan, note, or lab result performed at other institutions. Outside data can be obtained, but it’s an onerous process requiring a lot of form signing - and patient consent.

Physicians from differing medical entities absolutely do not have access to every scan, note, or lab result performed at other institutions. Outside data can be obtained, but it’s an onerous process requiring a lot of form signing - and patient consent.
Nothing worse than signing forms.

Joke all you want, but it prevents an absolute ton of information sharing.

The default setting is to NOT share the information. That is the point.

In our broken ass profiteering healthcare system, there absolutely is no incentive for different health systems to share information with each other.

FWIW - I changed health insurance providers, and all of my doctors suddenly became out-of-network. so I had to get a new primary care doctor, clinic, hospital and cardiologist. Signed a bunch of forms so that all of my medical records could be electronically transferred to my new doctor, etc. beats having to copy every document and send them by snail mail.

Unfortunately the Gophers have taken up the same injury descriptions as the NHL. "Upper or Lower Body" injury. Mo had an Achilles injury, thus the operation and he's out for the season. I don't get all the secrecy.
Btw does anyone recall how many seasons Achilles missed?🤔

Btw does anyone recall how many seasons Achilles missed?🤔

according to mythology, Achilles died from an arrow to the heel, which was the only part of his body that was vulnerable to harm. the term "achilles heel" is a general term indicating someone's greatest weakness.

so, in the case of achilles, it was a career-ending injury...............

Joke all you want, but it prevents an absolute ton of information sharing.

The default setting is to NOT share the information. That is the point.
My experience has been just the opposite. It seems like my family's doctors/dentists/orthodontists all have our records easily available on their computers. Maybe once I had to sign a quick form to have an MRI shared.

Top Bottom