Trey Potts - UPDATED With Statement from the U

His health is the most important thing right now. Football can wait.
Granted I'm old and different priorities, but if you told me to go back to school on scholarship and do some rehab for a year ... AWESOME!

Granted ... I'm not Trey (he is somewhat better at football than I am).

It doesn’t do much good to speculate on the injury. So far on this forum, no one has accurately described the what the actual injury is. I have a friend, who has a close connection to folks on the inner-most ring of the program. He told me what happened, and it was a scary situation for all involved. Glad to hear he’s back home.
Let him or his family share what it is. This is serious enough that it could be career-ending. Hoping for a full recovery, even if it doesn’t include football.

It doesn’t do much good to speculate on the injury. So far on this forum, no one has accurately described the what the actual injury is. I have a friend, who has a close connection to folks on the inner-most ring of the program. He told me what happened, and it was a scary situation for all involved. Glad to hear he’s back home.
Let him or his family share what it is. This is serious enough that it could be career-ending. Hoping for a full recovery, even if it doesn’t include football.
🙄

Edit: what was the point of you posting everything other than bolded?

Not a good sign, but likely not back this year

It's only 6.5 weeks until kickoff of the wisconsin game. Guys miss more time with groin pulls or knee sprains. I'm not surprised. Hope he focuses on getting fully healthy for spring practice if able.

Not a good sign, but likely not back this year

Couple comments here wondering about spleen and splenectomy.

I suppose you could also go apendix, the same? Like it was close to going, but hadn't gone yet? Seems werid though, that an earlier hit wouldn't have done it. In either case?

No matter what you can come up with ... you have to wonder: why was he able to play the whole game, and it was that final hit that did it, whatever it was? Was that a particularly hard hit or weird angle?

And then he went off the field on his own power.

Last edited:

Good luck Trey and continue to get well! No need to make quick decisions. Do enjoy the coin flip etc., if you and Mo are asked to do it!

and now it's being described as an "injury" again. which suggests that it happened during the game.

as opposed to some other type of medical condition that might not be game-related.

Coming from you that is a compliment. Thanks, now I know I am correct.

Geez kid, have some humility. If you come at people with ridiculous ad hominems in addition to factual errors expect a rebuttal.

You’re wrong, plain and simple as myself and others have explained. Will leave it at that.

and now it's being described as an "injury" again. which suggests that it happened during the game.

as opposed to some other type of medical condition that might not be game-related.
I think maybe the fact that they have swapped terms might indicate that they didn't mean to indicate anything.

Assume regular patients, that aren't hyper-privacy weirdos, like the idea of having their medical records be easily portable between healthcare providers. That should be most people.

Now ... reapply what I said here. It then applies exactly, as written.
That’s not how legal liability/risk works.

That’s not how legal liability/risk works.
Two posts now where you've completely failed to address, let alone disprove, that there is zero market incentive for competing health systems to share patient information with each other, even when you assume that the legal stuff is already taken care of.

People posting with emotion about stuff they literally know nothing about has me visiting here far less. Loud mouth is not synonymous with smart mind.

Get better Trey.

Two posts now where you've completely failed to address, let alone disprove, that there is zero market incentive for competing health systems to share patient information with each other, even when you assume that the legal stuff is already taken care of.
28,267 straight posts where you’ve completely failed to address your lack of empirical knowledge.

In this case, the market forces you reference are moot, as said market is skewed by legal compliance issues. Thus, the legal portion becomes the contolling market force.

Additionally, your argument fails prima facie, as you’re using the wrong general market structure in your critique.

I would imagine in 2021 pretty much every medical facility in the United States has some sort of electronic records system. There are 3 big ones (Epic is the biggest) and lots of smaller ones.

The electronic records systems generally do not speak to each other. The systems hospitals use are usually different than private offices, or the VA, or military facilities.

Things can be faxed and workarounds can be created but it is clunky. If you end up in an emergency unconscious the doc there is not going to necessarily pull up records unless it’s the same healthcare entity. They will definitely not know your Mychart password.

This discussion has gone far off the rails.

In this case, the market forces you reference are moot, as said market is skewed by legal compliance issues. Thus, the legal portion becomes the contolling market force.
Competing health systems would freely and openly share their patient health records, if there were no legal compliance issues?

:rolleyes:

Guessing you're exaggerating the legal part, as well, for the sake of being extra dishonest.

Last edited:

I guess I should stop using MyChart by Epic since it doesn't exist.
https://www.mychart.com/Sharing-Your-Medical-Record
I am familiar with EPIC and have used it extensively. Care Everywhere (must have preceded Share Everywhere - the iteration in the link you provide) requires authorization and consent.

Entities simply do not share records freely without prior consent.

I say again: the baseline is to not share (split infinitive again, I know).

Clinicians do not use MyChart. That is for patients.

If you got an X-ray at a Fairview hospital and then went to an Allina hospital a week later for emergency care your initial X-ray would not be immediately available. There are ways to get it. Sure. But that’s not the debate.

Top Bottom