Transfer list possibilities, Spring 2020

Can't believe I'm on another "Announcement Watch." Too old for this crap.

Interesting. The data supports that the best teams rarely go past 8 deep.
This is probably correct. We have had some years we were unable to have 8 solid guys though. Injuries and such. The more the better. It cant hurt anything.

Can't believe I'm on another "Announcement Watch." Too old for this crap.
No big deal to me. Not bothered by Walton not coming here i certainly will not wait for this announcement especially since it is a near certainty.

I took a look at the ISU board, and none of their conjecture seemed like inside info. Just best guesses. Someone did mention that if he would be immediately eligible at Maryland he would have been a Terp a week ago.

It seems like Gach has played things really close to the vest, as nobody has really heard any whispers. I hope he becomes a Gopher and has two good years here. I think we have a lot to offer him and vice versa.
Yeah the Maryland thing came from the same 24/7 writer who bashed Gopher football last fall and then couldn't take the heat from Gopher fans after the Terps got blasted. Easy to say a guy would come somewhere in imaginary land. Iowa State was a threat for a while but I think the lack of current talent hurt them and Creighton presented a good opportunity but not as big of readily available role. Gophers had the talent around Both and a big role available. Perfect situation.

Mashburn
Mitchell
Brandon Johnson
Liam Robbins
David Mutaf
Both Gach

If Gach and Robbins get waivers, is this Pitino's best recruiting class ever? I know it's far from a traditional class, but based on expectations and previous success on the court, it's not hard to see this turning out to be his most impactful group yet

Mashburn
Mitchell
Brandon Johnson
Liam Robbins
David Mutaf
Both Gach

If Gach and Robbins get waivers, is this Pitino's best recruiting class ever? I know it's far from a traditional class, but based on expectations and previous success on the court, it's not hard to see this turning out to be his most impactful group yet
Lets see how many games they win together. Robbins, Johnson and Gach are really in another class.

Wow! I am impressed! Adding Robbins, Johnson, Mutaf, and Gach in the Spring is amazing! What incredible depth we'll have if Carr returns and Robbins/Gach get waivers. Well done, Gophers!

Wow! I am impressed! Adding Robbins, Johnson, Mutaf, and Gach in the Spring is amazing! What incredible depth we'll have if Carr returns and Robbins/Gach get waivers. Well done, Gophers!
So you’re saying that, somehow, neither will get waivers and Carr won’t return.

Very excited. I know guys that would win the Conference with that group.

And one more scholly left. Who are we going after?

Great news! Now let’s get him eligible.

It's these kinds of veiled insults at Pitino that get people after you on this board.
Oh no, not veiled at all. There is no need for cover, that record can not be hidden.
I'd love to agree with you WriterGoph but I do think it's fair to say that Pitino has not gotten it done yet with other aspects of coaching that are not recruiting. It's been suspect. Specifically getting the most out of his TEAM. He's had some individuals develop into very good players. The team part and translating to wins just hasn't been there completely.

Interesting. The data supports that the best teams rarely go past 8 deep.
Built- I agree with you there. However, I think that Richard rarely gets to 8 with any consistency. I know there is a delicate balance to get key guys enough consecutive minutes so they can get into a prolonged groove but too many as to where them down.

Built- I agree with you there. However, I think that Richard rarely gets to 8 with any consistency. I know there is a delicate balance to get key guys enough consecutive minutes so they can get into a prolonged groove but too many as to where them down.
There is truth to that but when i pull the data from teams that win titles they have guys that pull heavy minutes. Those teams believe that you should never be out conditioned. Never lose because your tired in a 40 minute game with a halftime and 15-18 stoppages. Practices should be harder than that.

Stiff a couple of "ifs." Will carr come back and will robbins get a waiver? If those are both yes the talent and depth is unbelievable. The biggest question then from me is how they mesh as a team. It will be exciting to find out.

Marcus Carr
Tre Williams
Mashburn Jr
Gabe Kalscheur
Both Gach
David Mutaf
Isaiah Ihnen
Brandon Johnson
Jarvis Omersa
Liam Robbins
Eric Curry
Martice Mitchell
Sam Freeman

That's 13, unless Carr leaves.
Right. So we needed Greenlee to leave to make the numbers work. I thought going after Gach would've filled us out and Greenlee left one more open for some reason.

Stiff a couple of "ifs." Will carr come back and will robbins get a waiver? If those are both yes the talent and depth is unbelievable. The biggest question then from me is how they mesh as a team. It will be exciting to find out.

No wasted roster space right now, which is pretty cool

Oh no, not veiled at all. There is no need for cover, that record can not be hidden.
We can’t have one moment of celebration and congratulations to Pitino; you have to turn it into a shot or negative. You and others have plenty of days to issue your repetitive, predictable shots, can’t you have one day of hey nice job coach? I mean we went from having a roster that was paper thin to potentially one of the deepest teams in the conference. I don’t recall seeing a rebuild done this fast in all the years I have followed the Gophers.

Pitino definitely reached deep into something to pull out this recruiting class!

Back to the wall Pitino may be what the doctor ordered!

Top Bottom