Thoughts on % chance that we can attend 2021 games at TCF, let's see predictions

Biden annouced 300 million vaccines by end of may... thats 90% of Population. Seems like a no brainer to pencil in the State Fair and Home opener for Labor Day weekend
Yeah I'm hoping at that point the possibility of hospitalizations is so low, folks can take their chances without much risk to others.

Last edited:

It's basically a lottery right now...not enough vaccines to satisfy requests. About 4.7% of the MN population has completed vaccine series, and 12.8% have gotten at least one shot. Long way to go to "normal".
You're correct to a point. This has been changed however. They are now hoping that all adults will be able to have a vaccine by the end of May if not June. I'm hopeful people will get the shot otherwise Covid will continue more than what we want it to.

You're correct to a point. This has been changed however. They are now hoping that all adults will be able to have a vaccine by the end of May if not June. I'm hopeful people will get the shot otherwise Covid will continue more than what we want it to.
Yes, today's vaccine news is a very positive development...I posted that comment two weeks ago. The next six weeks will be telling. Hope everyone does their part.

By the end of May is the optimistic timeline to have enough vaccines for everyone. Is there hope for fans to return to the stadium?

The messaging around efficacy has shifted to vaccine A, B, or C being "x% effective against serious conditions" and "100% effective against hospitalizations." This approach in messaging is addressing the fear factor head on.

I still wonder whether having some proof of vaccination is going to come forward as the means to conduct venue screening for attendance.

It does not appear to be happening yet.

I still wonder whether having some proof of vaccination is going to come forward as the means to conduct venue screening for attendance.
Would love to see that.

Don't think they want to do it, and are hoping it won't be necessary by then.

The messaging around efficacy has shifted to vaccine A, B, or C being "x% effective against serious conditions" and "100% effective against hospitalizations." This approach in messaging is addressing the fear factor head on.

It does not appear to be happening yet.
I'm not sure how many places want to go down the 'proof of vaccination' although once it is available to everyone ... it is a choice.

Can’t imagine what the security lines will look like.
All you would do is flash a phone app that gives a barcode that can't be faked/hacked, and they scan it. Just like they do your ticket. So, two scans instead of one, I guess.

Alabama announced full capacity this fall. But then the SEC has someone in charge who understands college athletics.

I am new to this board, and I am trying to find out if I can't get tickets to the games next year,
if it's possible to be able to pick up the BIG X Conference on TV here in Texas, so I can watch the games. Any Information would be appreciated, maybe Direct TV has a package. Thank you for your time.

I am new to this board, and I am trying to find out if I can't get tickets to the games next year,
if it's possible to be able to pick up the BIG X Conference on TV here in Texas, so I can watch the games. Any Information would be appreciated, maybe Direct TV has a package. Thank you for your time.

They're not selling single game tickets yet.

It wouldn't surprise me to see proof of vaccination pop up in various job and licensure requirements, as well as for international travel. But for football games? Doubt it.

All you would do is flash a phone app that gives a barcode that can't be faked/hacked, and they scan it. Just like they do your ticket. So, two scans instead of one, I guess.
That is a much taller order than it seems.

I am certain you can get the Big Ten network. If you can't get it through your cable provider, you should be able to get it on the internet at the very least.

It wouldn't surprise me to see proof of vaccination pop up in various job and licensure requirements, as well as for international travel. But for football games? Doubt it.
In most states, licensed child care employees must provide proof of vaccination for things like measles and TB, so the precedent is already there in certain situations. Though, since these have been state laws for a while most places already have the documentation needed for proof available. Don't know how quick it is to spin up for a new vaccine.

In most states, licensed child care employees must provide proof of vaccination for things like measles and TB, so the precedent is already there in certain situations. Though, since these have been state laws for a while most places already have the documentation needed for proof available. Don't know how quick it is to spin up for a new vaccine.
Although it is nothing like checking at the door and there are exceptions... generally you get the same rules for attending school at various levels and such too.

I'd much rather folks just get vaccinated for ... you know, the good of EVERYONE, but if there's a lot that don't ...

Doubt that you'll need proof of vaccine card. Would lead up to many lawsuits as many people believe that Covid is a hoax. Also infringes on the old amendment right situation. People are fighting at the capitol to be allowed to bring in guns to the state fair etc. Personally I would prefer the card method of sort. As an older person, I wouldn't want to be sitting next to a 'spreader.'

Doubt that you'll need proof of vaccine card. Would lead up to many lawsuits as many people believe that Covid is a hoax. Also infringes on the old amendment right situation. People are fighting at the capitol to be allowed to bring in guns to the state fair etc. Personally I would prefer the card method of sort. As an older person, I wouldn't want to be sitting next to a 'spreader.'
Eh, the restrictions alone could have involved 'many lawsuits' and only a few appeared and were brushed aside quickly.

We're already down that path.

I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion, but what right, Constitutional or otherwise, do you have to go to a football game?

I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion, but what right, Constitutional or otherwise, do you have to go to a football game?
Exactly my thought as well...don't see a constitutional question here and would be surprised if it would lead to lawsuits. This seems similar to any other restrictions in place, like the bag policy for instance.

Not sure how many of you have been vaccinated but my wife and I got both of ours and they gave us a verification card to keep in our wallets. Maybe this is true for all who get the vaccine, I'm just not sure.

Not sure how many of you have been vaccinated but my wife and I got both of ours and they gave us a verification card to keep in our wallets. Maybe this is true for all who get the vaccine, I'm just not sure.

Without any verification ... those are kinda useless. Like the 'essental worker' lettter I got from my company.

Potential new black market opportunity...

As a complete tangent I was gifted some unused gas ration coupons from July 1945.

What's really cool is that they were to be returned back to the county procurement officer. Didn't happen and the rest is history...

Not reading this whole thread but my 70 year old parents had COVID in March 2020... my mom donated antibodies last week. The antibodies don’t disappear in 3 months like some want us to believe.

Not reading this whole thread but my 70 year old parents had COVID in March 2020... my mom donated antibodies last week. The antibodies don’t disappear in 3 months like some want us to believe.
That whole 3 month thing was so overblown. People and media misinterpreting the difference between "They only last 3 months" and "At this point we can only verify they last 3 months". This was mostly in relation to the vaccines, and they could only verify they lasted 3 months because it had only been 3 months since they had enough people vaccinated to check . . .

It's like looking up at a tall building on a foggy day, maybe it ends 1 story higher than I can see in the fog, maybe it's 20 stories higher. So I say "Well, I know the building is at least 3 stories high because I can see that, but the fog is blocking my vision" and then everyone running around saying that building is only 3 stories high . . .

That whole 3 month thing was so overblown. People and media misinterpreting the difference between "They only last 3 months" and "At this point we can only verify they last 3 months". This was mostly in relation to the vaccines, and they could only verify they lasted 3 months because it had only been 3 months since they had enough people vaccinated to check . . .

It's like looking up at a tall building on a foggy day, maybe it ends 1 story higher than I can see in the fog, maybe it's 20 stories higher. So I say "Well, I know the building is at least 3 stories high because I can see that, but the fog is blocking my vision" and then everyone running around saying that building is only 3 stories high . . .

Well from my understanding antibodies should remain for 2-3 years as is typical for most corona viruses

Top Bottom