Thoughts on % chance that we can attend 2021 games at TCF, let's see predictions

Triple D

Reaction score
I'll go 75% chance that some people get in, but knowing Walz it will be limited to 50% capacity.

It will depend on the rate of vaccination. Bloomberg has a calculator that says at the current rate of vaccination it will take 8 months to get 75% vaccinated (which is the amount people are saying we'll need to start going back to pre-covid life). So if that holds, first half of the season may be reduced capacity, but the final half could be full.

However that's at current rates. Hopefully with logistical improvements that will allow more folks to get vaccinated per day, and the Johnson and Johnson vaccine likely being approved soon, that timeline should hopefully shorten.

I'm hoping we can see the relative risks drop dramatically as medical folks, and high risk people are vaccinated ... and we'll have it 'largely done' enough to let everyone else take their chances if they wish without gatherings representing a risk to the high risk folks in the population who by then have been vaccinated.

No chance in w/ Asst. Coach Walz at the helm.
You're one of those guys who don't think we have a problem, won't wear a mask and so forth. I predict 100% by fall. Will be a matter of how many will be allowed to get in. Meanwhile will still have many idiots hosting Superbowl parties etc., and spread it.

I think there's almost no chance that by some point in the summer (the earlier the better) it won't be the case that every single person in the country that is of the approved age (is it 18-65? 85? 16? not sure on that one) will have had the opportunity to get their dose or doses. The only people who won't have had it are the ones that don't want to get it or are worried about allergy, etc.

The J&J is big because it's a single dose. It's not as highly effective ... but that shouldn't matter for most regular, non-elederly, non-high risk, types of folks. Those people likely weren't going to even need to be hospitalized in the first place, and with their one dose hopefully will only have mild symptoms at worst.

The more highly effective two dose versions can then be saved for elderly and high risk. And if we don't use up all our shots by then, fine. Sell/give them to other countries. The whole world will need it.

We're already seeing very nice progress, with less than 10% of the country having had one or more doses.

k8gIMdA.png

This looks like we're be back to Sept/Oct levels by April? Something like that.

So, until it appears otherwise, I'm 100% in on full stadium capacity and tailgating. I can't friggin' wait.

Oh, also: State Fair too!!!

Last edited:

Well, if Comrade Walz can stop being a dysfunctional douche, the answer would be 100%. Comrade Walz, unfortunately will ensure that the number is no more than 50% and likely 25%.
Communism has nothing to do with anything regarding covid or college football.

Please keep OTB stuff off the football board.

Full capacity? 0%
Why not? If we're really out of the woods, and say 70-80% have been vaccinated, I see no reason to enforcing distancing requirements.

Would assume no mask requirements either. (of course, if you want to wear one that's your own choice)

We have to get back to normal life, at some point.

You're one of those guys who don't think we have a problem, won't wear a mask and so forth. I predict 100% by fall. Will be a matter of how many will be allowed to get in. Meanwhile will still have many idiots hosting Superbowl parties etc., and spread it.

You're one of those guys who doesn't have a clue and so forth. Gee, will it really be a matter of how many are allowed in? Makes sense.

The Iowa Governor just rescinded the states' mask mandate...

What are your thoughts on the chance that we can attend 2021 games at TCF?
Depends if people work together to prevent the spread. Some will come. Not sure how many based on people. Wisconsin doesn't mask. Should we allow them to come in if they have a problem with Covid and we don't?

We don't know what the nasty variants will do. Consequently, we have to wait until the end of summer to get a better answer.

Depends if people work together to prevent the spread. Some will come. Not sure how many based on people. Wisconsin doesn't mask. Should we allow them to come in if they have a problem with Covid and we don't?

They have exceeded MN in the # of cases and deaths.

The Iowa governor is rescinding the state mask mandate effective this Monday. It is interesting because they just confirmed the presence of the Covid variant(s) in the State.

We don't know what the nasty variants will do. Consequently, we have to wait until the end of summer to get a better answer.
True. Good point.

I’m optimistic though. The J&J trial had people in South Africa, and I believe none of them that got the vax died.

I guess I just really believe in these vaccines. We will see, of course. I’ve been very lucky and blessed to have not caught this virus. Thankful for that, and I know we’re not out of the woods yet.

Well the statistics says they (WI) have less hospitalizations and deaths per population than MN so the answer is yes. Maybe they won't want to attend due to our virus mishandling.

Deaths per 100k thru 2/3/21:
1612655202191.png

Gov Walz will use his control of the dials as a club to get the last 30% vaccinated. 100% at some capacity level, 50/50 for anything more than 50%, at least in the beginning.

Top Bottom