Thoughts on % chance that we can attend 2021 games at TCF, let's see predictions

I agree. I think we're going to end up recognizing there will still be people getting sick but not going to hospitals. That certainly would be an improved condition...and yes we could be in the stands under that paradigm.

On a side note a friend who got covid early (last March) toughed it out and seemingly came out okay. Recently though he's developed some type of low-level upper lungs-respiratory tract inflammation that is new. Speculation at this point for it to be a post-covid issue. Trying steroids to bring it under control. Ancecdotal only.
It is tough to know what to do until it is almost too late. About three weeks after my wife's funeral, I tested positive for Covid-19. I wish I had gone in sooner to the Emergency Room the day before when I felt chest tightness. But, you subconsciously believe that you are okay. Boy was I wrong. Had I chose to go back to bed and sleep that morning, I would have been dead. That was how quick Covid Pneumonia attacked my lungs and olfactory nerves. I have lost my sense of smell. There is hope. I can smell my late wife's rose perfume. New symptoms have shown up like a rash, and new pain in my upper body. Covid Long Haul syndrome is scary.

On topic, there is more positive news in the media about the colleges returning to campus this Fall. That is good news for college athletics.

It is tough to know what to do until it is almost too late. About three weeks after my wife's funeral, I tested positive for Covid-19. I wish I had gone in sooner to the Emergency Room the day before when I felt chest tightness. But, you subconsciously believe that you are okay. Boy was I wrong. Had I chose to go back to bed and sleep that morning, I would have been dead. That was how quick Covid Pneumonia attacked my lungs and olfactory nerves. I have lost my sense of smell. There is hope. I can smell my late wife's rose perfume. New symptoms have shown up like a rash, and new pain in my upper body. Covid Long Haul syndrome is scary.

On topic, there is more positive news in the media about the colleges returning to campus this Fall. That is good news for college athletics.
Yeah anything respiratory moves so fast / the risks are super high.

I never had to say "yes" to the ER folks about having trouble breathing until I took a relative to the ER once.

Man they came out to get her right then and there. You get some attention then.

You know some people just don't like getting shots, right? Or some people who have friends or family members who have had bad experiences with the vaccination shots like bad reactions, getting sick, super sore for a few days. A woman I know, her husband is a big burly firefighter, he said if he had it to do over again he would NOT have gotten it. He got very sick for several days

Some people, especially the younger 18-30 crowd that has been relatively unaffected, think they're bulletproof, why bother getting the shot? To most of them, COVID has been far less inconvenient than the flu

My wife went to go get it and she waited in line for 3 hours for the first one (who has that kind of time?). On the second one she had a massive migraine for a few days.

If you're someone who typically never bothers to get the flu shot, what are the odds you'll get this one?

I'm not getting it anytime soon, I'd like to see how the Johnson & Johnson shot turns out because quite honestly I don't have the time or the motivation to haul my ass over somewhere on two separate occasions, ESPECIALLY if there are long wait times.

I would be hard-pressed to label any of the above as politically driven?
Ogee, a very good friend who is retired got lucky and got J&J vaccination at Sam's Club when they first rolled it out. She is Type II Diabetic, and she had no reactions. You'd want to hydrate. Don't take any anti-inflammatory meds until after the shot.

I had my first Moderna Vaccine shot. I had a high fever and chills. I think it is goodness in my case because I had Covid, and my body recognizes it and is responding to the vaccine.

Please get the vaccine, when able.

Have read that some long haul folks who got the vaccine were then finally able to get relief of symptoms.

I wonder if this virus has the ability to just "linger" in some people's bodies. Their natural immune system isn't capable of killing it off entirely. But the vaccine can. Just a guess, no idea if scientifically valid.

Ogee, a very good friend who is retired got lucky and got J&J vaccination at Sam's Club when they first rolled it out. She is Type II Diabetic, and she had no reactions. You'd want to hydrate. Don't take any anti-inflammatory meds until after the shot.

I had my first Moderna Vaccine shot. I had a high fever and chills. I think it is goodness in my case because I had Covid, and my body recognizes it and is responding to the vaccine.
Good to hear!

Yeah, have a sister who is an RN and has been working with Covid patients for most of the pandemic. Multiple stories of people coming into the hospital with symptoms but alert and coherent who declined rapidly to the point of needing to be intubated...like in 8 hours. She got it after a good 8 months working with Covid patients. Was out for a month and many months later has what she describes as a burning feeling in her upper respiratory, as well as continued shortness of breath when exerting herself...even with long walks.

I think there is near 100% chance fans will be able to attend games, with about a 90% chance it will be less than full capacity to start the year, if not for most of the year.

I think there is near 100% chance fans will be able to attend games, with about a 90% chance it will be less than full capacity to start the year, if not for most of the year.
But only a 50% chance of that.

It’s only logical. If there is an effective vaccine available to anyone who wants it there is no point in staying closed
Well, the Gov is ending all Covid restrictions except mask wearing May 28.

Definitely buying my tickets as soon as public single game tickets are available for sale.

101% Now if i can get tickets. I have a weird feeling that every home game will be sold out bc of covid restricitons being lifted

there should be no reason that fans are not in every seat this fall. THE COVID MADNESS IS OVER!

Im so ready for in person Gopher football
I mean, there's the State Fair and other sports...

I don't see why fans can't attend Gopher Football this Fall if everyone who goes to the game is fully vaccinated.
There is no reason non vaccinated people can’t go too if everyone has had the opportunity to get it if they want it

Single game tickets are available on the Gophers app.
Hmm, that app just crashes for me when I try to select tickets. I wonder if something is wrong since Gopher Sports don't have single game tickets available yet?

I mean, there's the State Fair and other sports...
Gov. W said he expects a near normal State Fair. I’ll be attempting the Thursday Sept 2 State Fair/Gopher Game double header if that’s the case

Just saw this from the Twins. Barring any crazy shift on the pandemic, I can't see TCF not being full capacity.

For the 12 Twins home games scheduled between May 14-30, Target Field will operate at up to 60 percent; for the club’s 12 home contests in June, there will be up to 80 percent capacity; lastly, beginning on July 5, Target Field will have full, 100 percent capacity for the Twins’ final 40 regular season home games of 2021. Tickets for the final 52 scheduled regular season home games, beginning June 8, will go on sale to the general public beginning at noon CT on Thursday, May 20. Please note that all planned capacity changes are subject to change, per future public health guidance.

Just saw this from the Twins. Barring any crazy shift on the pandemic, I can't see TCF not being full capacity.

For the 12 Twins home games scheduled between May 14-30, Target Field will operate at up to 60 percent; for the club’s 12 home contests in June, there will be up to 80 percent capacity; lastly, beginning on July 5, Target Field will have full, 100 percent capacity for the Twins’ final 40 regular season home games of 2021. Tickets for the final 52 scheduled regular season home games, beginning June 8, will go on sale to the general public beginning at noon CT on Thursday, May 20. Please note that all planned capacity changes are subject to change, per future public health guidance.
Yup. Would take a new 100 year pandemic starting up to shift it back now. (Yes I would consider a mutation large enough to render all immunity null a NEW pandemic).

Top Bottom