Thoughts on % chance that we can attend 2021 games at TCF, let's see predictions

You read a lot into my posts. You consider 200+ positives among 2,000 in a 7 day period a small outbreak?
How many dead? Or hospitalized? Those are the numbers I would certainly want to see if I'm making any kind of definitive decision on how to best move forward. At some point we need to step back and look at things from 30,000 feet and try to figure out just what we are doing from a big picture standpoint

Those are the numbers I would certainly want to see if I'm making any kind of definitive decision on how to best move forward.
You would wait the extensive (days, if not weeks) lag time for that to start happening, before taking any action?

You read a lot into my posts. You consider 200+ positives among 2,000 in a 7 day period a small outbreak?

I‘m asking you to clarify what you mean. Are you going to answer the question? If in the affirmative, provide some rationale.

Ticket renewal emails are indeed out today and most experts are saying anyone wanting a vaccine will be able to get it by July. My personal hunch is it will actually be a bit earlier than that. If reality is 180 degrees different from my hunch and it runs into Aug... that is still in time for next school year and the football season.

hopefully there isn’t a bad mutation of the virus and herd immunity will be reached and it will finally be time to get back to normal. I feel like the chances of watching an entire season in person are looking pretty good.

Ticket renewal emails are indeed out today and most experts are saying anyone wanting a vaccine will be able to get it by July. My personal hunch is it will actually be a bit earlier than that. If reality is 180 degrees different from my hunch and it runs into Aug... that is still in time for next school year and the football season.

hopefully there isn’t a bad mutation of the virus and herd immunity will be reached and it will finally be time to get back to normal. I feel like the chances of watching an entire season in person are looking pretty good.
I just renewed my four season tickets. I get my second shot Feb. 24th. My wife is still waiting for her first appointment.

MnDeptHealth says anyone 65 and over should have opportunity by end of March...would think anyone else somewhat elderly or somewhat health compromised should have opportunity for it by mid-May. No reason we can’t be back to normal by end of May...or sooner.

MnDeptHealth says anyone 65 and over should have opportunity by end of March...would think anyone else somewhat elderly or somewhat health compromised should have opportunity for it by mid-May. No reason we can’t be back to normal by end of May...or sooner.
It's basically a lottery right now...not enough vaccines to satisfy requests. About 4.7% of the MN population has completed vaccine series, and 12.8% have gotten at least one shot. Long way to go to "normal".

Slows transmission. Drags out the proclaimed crisis. Greatly enhances the perceived need to "do something".
This can only be correct if there was no vaccine coming. In that case, I can buy that an argument that "the area under the flattened curve is still equal to the area under the non-flattened curve", where the curve is daily deaths.

The Effect of NFL and NCAA Football Games on the Spread of COVID-19 in the United States: An Empirical Analysis

In 2020 and early 2021, the National Football League (NFL) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) had opted to host games in stadiums across the country. The in-person attendance of games has varied with time and from county to county. There is currently no evidence on whether limited in-person attendance of games has caused a substantial increase in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.

The Effect of NFL and NCAA Football Games on the Spread of COVID-19 in the United States: An Empirical Analysis

In 2020 and early 2021, the National Football League (NFL) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) had opted to host games in stadiums across the country. The in-person attendance of games has varied with time and from county to county. There is currently no evidence on whether limited in-person attendance of games has caused a substantial increase in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.

intriguing and hopeful. hasn't been peer reviewed yet so i'd wait for that point as it would take some pretty intense statistical analysis to see how they "matched" counties and the specific number of fans especially given this also requires effective/extensive contact tracing data to even attempt to make this claim plus catching all cases from those who went.

Also, more just a point, but the part you quoted is the importance statement (aka why they did the study, not what the findings were) which could be slightly misleading, not the the author decided meaning which were as follows.

Meaning This study suggests that NFL and NCAA games held with limited in-person attendance do not cause an increase in COVID-19 cases in the counties they are held.

Again it's interesting as they are making the claim using only the "county in which the game is held" as their outcome data, when we all well know there are certainly many counties involved in metro areas with people travelling to games.

Limited.....I'm hoping for unlimited.

I have no idea where one would get the data, but the state of New Mexico wouldn't allow college football games. In the fall, UNM played all games out of state and for the spring NMSU is playing in El Paso. My guess is this had little impact on cases in the state

I have no idea where one would get the data, but the state of New Mexico wouldn't allow college football games. In the fall, UNM played all games out of state and for the spring NMSU is playing in El Paso. My guess is this had little impact on cases in the state
Also NMSU.... probably limited attendance... even when they don't have epidemics.

Anyone surprised that Alabama is one of the first to make this announcement....anyone....didn't think so. :)
If it wasn't Alabama it would have been another SEC school.

My wife and I will be traveling from Texas next year to some home football games, and I was wondering what our chances would be of being able to buy tickets. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Any chance you're Boyd's parents?

There is zero reason to not play games at 100% capacity everywhere this fall.

Everyone that wants a vaccine will have had opportunity by the fall. Barring new developments which is always possible it seems like outdoor activities such as sporting events will be very low risk. Some programs don’t need to worry about 100% attendance.

Biden annouced 300 million vaccines by end of may... thats 90% of Population. Seems like a no brainer to pencil in the State Fair and Home opener for Labor Day weekend

Biden annouced 300 million vaccines by end of may... thats 90% of Population. Seems like a no brainer to pencil in the State Fair and Home opener for Labor Day weekend
Yeah. I mean if we have 300 million vaccines available before June 1 and we don’t open...I will be participating in protests to open. And I think protests are dumb.

The only possible thing that can de-rail it now, is if a bad mutant pops up.

None will be able to escape tuning the vaccine ... but those tunings will take a few months to start being released.

The mutants can only happen if dumb___ks won't take the vaccine.

Take the ___king vaccine, you selfish bas__rd.

Top Bottom