Think they're close to the announcement?

Nice link - they are questioning why we would have an outdoor football stadium, and in the same breath, they praise the Badgers and the Hawkeyes - they both have outdoor stadiums last time that I checked.

If Al Golden thinks that moving to Minnesota is a lateral move, then he can stay with that top notch Temple program. :rolleyes:

Nice link - they are questioning why we would have an outdoor football stadium, and in the same breath, they praise the Badgers and the Hawkeyes - they both have outdoor stadiums last time that I checked.

They probably think most Minnesnowtans live in igloos and northwoods cabins, as well.

When you have teams like Boise and TCU doing what they are doing, you can understand why a good coach at a Mid Major might see Minnesota as a lateral job. It has happened in basketball and might start to happen more and more in football. The guy did say "monetary speaking" the move is lateral.

r9pq55.jpg

You, sir, will always be considered a legend in my eyes.

In the span of about 10 hours, this became the most viewed thread on GopherHole... and with good reason.

C'mon dp, be honest here, how much did they pay you to cover this up?

My boss is not the type who would understand what happened here today. I will try to glean as much information about the trip from him as possible. I will not, however, ask if Al Golden was on the plane ride back with him. I can only imagine the confused look on his face.

In fairness to your boss, I'm not sure many would understand what happened here yesterday.

In the span of about 10 hours, this became the most viewed thread on GopherHole... and with good reason.

I absolutely love the backdrop to this - the picture includes everything....a nameless airplane, snow in the background, dimly lit. If we had audio I'm sure it would include him whispering, with dramatic pauses.

Wow

HATS OFF TO DPODOLL!

Over the past few years, I have stood idly by on the sidelines as people like "Leave Britney Alone!" guy, "Chocolate Rain" guy, and the wedding DJ who slapped around that fat chick's titties became internet superstars. Now that I have joined their pantheon, I can scarcely find the words to lend the appropriate gravitas to the situation. Words like "epic" and "legend" are not tossed about frivolously, but I humbly capitulate to these commendations, and further accept the honor, by general acclaim, of GopherHole MVP for 2010.

Special shout-outs to OP and thread life-support Gopher07, as well as to gophmeister - our codepency on FlightAware.com made all of this possible. The real kudos go out to the GopherHole community. Your passionate following fueled me on to this near-mythical voyage of discovery. Well, that, and my 2005 Corolla with 130,000 miles on the odometer.

One last thing - contrary to rumors, I have not accepted hush money to become part of the vast conspiracy keeping Gopher Nation from becoming one with its new coaching staff. I would have accepted nothing less than a position in the AD administration, or, at the very least, a GA job. Since I am today still occupying a job that is far less awesome than either of those things, rest assured that I have not acquiesced to the machine.

One last thing - contrary to rumors, I have not accepted hush money to become part of the vast conspiracy keeping Gopher Nation from becoming one with its new coaching staff. I would have accepted nothing less than a position in the AD administration, or, at the very least, a GA job. Since I am today still occupying a job that is far less awesome than either of those things, rest assured that I have not acquiesced to the machine.

Yep...just like Brady Hoke isn't a candidate, right?

I see that underneath your moniker is now a picture of Golden.

If you all think DP is legend for this, try traveling to Vegas with him for a weekend.

Gotta love the effort here. It truly is going above and beyond the call of duty. No doubt GopherHole will stay on the trail...and next time, let's call Channel 5 so they can send a chopper.

I still don't know if we should believe him, there was a 20 minute gap between when the plane landed and his post about who was there. That's easily enough time for some kind of deal to be made.

But I suppose there is nothing we can do but believe him.....for now. ;)

P.S. This is the best thread I've read in a long time, maybe ever. Kudos to everyone involved.

so fill me in because this thread is 16 pages deep. That is a picture of Maturi's private jet returning to Minneapolis/St. Paul from Pennsylvania (or somewhere out east). And that gives us reason to believe he was meeting with Golden correct?

so fill me in because this thread is 16 pages deep. That is a picture of Maturi's private jet returning to Minneapolis/St. Paul from Pennsylvania (or somewhere out east). And that gives us reason to believe he was meeting with Golden correct?

Incorrect on at least two counts.

You'll just have to read all 16 pages. ;)

Epic thread.

The new coach will never give this guy an erection, but I hope dpo can rub one out real soon!

And just think if we all leak the story via group stalking ... I can only imagine the jealousy from the local media. Posters will be quoted and Doogie will take credit :)

Is it safe to say that everyone has decided or realize that no announcement will be made until Sunday or Monday? Things have really slowed down.

Is it safe to say that everyone has decided or realize that no announcement will be made until Sunday or Monday? Things have really slowed down.

Announcements are NEVER made on Sundays.

No... but they are occasionally leaked, ala Brewster firing.

I still think it will be Monday.

Long time reader, finally registered so I could comment on this thread.

Legendary.

Top Bottom