Stanley Cup Playoffs

Let’s see if the Oilers saved any goals for tonight. I hope so as still want this thing to go 7

1-0 Oil after 1. They will start period 2 with a power play

Hyman makes it 2-0 on the power play

McDavid makes it 3-0. Bob wants that one back

More hockey do to the Oilers going into Florida and win 5-3. Oilers got an empty netter for their fifth but that was one hell of a hockey game. Now back to Edmonton for game 6 Friday. McDavid is on a different planet right now. Unbelievable

All Oilers in the first 20. Shots 11-2 Oilers and a 1-0 lead

It's just crazy how dramatically things have turned. Ever since the 3rd period of game 3, it's like the two teams switched bodies or something.

Panthers got hosed in my opinion. Goal called off because of a challenge of offsides. I hate offside challenges. Refs make mistakes just like players. I mean you can’t do anything about offsides called that aren’t

Panthers got hosed in my opinion. Goal called off because of a challenge of offsides. I hate offside challenges. Refs make mistakes just like players. I mean you can’t do anything about offsides called that aren’t

Yes. I thought they got hosed too. Too close to call to reverse a call like that.

Oilers have only given up 4 power play goals and have scored 3 shorties in these playoffs. That is asinine

Bob isn’t the goalie he was when this series started. The Oilers have scored on their last 4 breakaways. Gotta be at least 50/50 on those

Barkov scores and this one stands. 3-1 with 18 minutes left

If you want to disagree with the ability to challenge offsides, fine. But it was absolutely an offsides.

Game 7 should be a hell of a battle. I only wish it was taking place in an actual hockey market.

McDavid without a goal or a shot on net. He’s obviously the best player in the world but it is a team game and they proved that tonight

I can guarantee you if Florida is down 2/3 goals halfway through the third the so called fans will be leaving

It's an interesting call, or decision. I was at The Fortress when Ovechkin and the Caps closed out the Stanley Cup in VGK's inaugural season (2018) and I wasn't sure I wanted to see someone else celebrate on my home ice. But I stayed because, how often do you get to see the Stanley Cup? And who wants to be "that" kind of fan...

Now, it turns out I got to see it just 5 years later, on the winning side, but how would you know? :):love:

So, what's the feeling in Canada outside of Edmonton? Like does Calgary root for Canada here? Vancouver? Winnipeg?

It's an interesting call, or decision. I was at The Fortress when Ovechkin and the Caps closed out the Stanley Cup in VGK's inaugural season (2018) and I wasn't sure I wanted to see someone else celebrate on my home ice. But I stayed because, how often do you get to see the Stanley Cup? And who wants to be "that" kind of fan...

Now, it turns out I got to see it just 5 years later, on the winning side, but how would you know? :):love:
I was at Game 6 of the 1991 Finals at the old Met when the North Stars got pounded 8-0 to the Penguins. By the way got tickets the night before on the blue line in the 6th row for 41 bucks. Anyhoo had to stick around to see the Cup carried by Mario

Last edited:

So, what's the feeling in Canada outside of Edmonton? Like does Calgary root for Canada here? Vancouver? Winnipeg?

If I recall correctly from a pod I was listening to, there actually aren't a lot of Canadians that are pulling for Edmonton that much but I could be wrong.

I agree with a buddy/client who told me the other day when he told me he was pulling for Florida; "I don't want to see Evander Kane's name on the SC". I completely agree.

Top Bottom