Stanley Cup Playoffs

Lightning join the Caps on the golf course
Stars tie their series with the Knights at 2 apiece and neither has won at home
Stars do win at home 3-2 last night. Oetinger made some huge saves in the third

Stars do win at home 3-2 last night. Oetinger made some huge saves in the third

VGK's Mark Stone looking like a 60-yr old man that hasn't played in 4-6 months so far in this series; yet people want to scream and yell and think there's some massive advantage to your team Captain sitting out for 3 months with a lacerated spleen and playing his first game after the layoff in the heat of the playoffs and hoping they can get their game together before they become eliminated from the playoffs.

Goaltending on both sides has been really, really good in this series. At this point, it's hard to say what will happen in Game 6, after a whopping five games in the series, the teams are separated by ONE goal.

VGK's Mark Stone looking like a 60-yr old man that hasn't played in 4-6 months so far in this series; yet people want to scream and yell and think there's some massive advantage to your team Captain sitting out for 3 months with a lacerated spleen and playing his first game after the layoff in the heat of the playoffs and hoping they can get their game together before they become eliminated from the playoffs.

Goaltending on both sides has been really, really good in this series. At this point, it's hard to say what will happen in Game 6, after a whopping five games in the series, the teams are separated by ONE goal.
Best series out of the 8 opening series. Super physical just how I like it. I picked Rangers over Stars so I’m pulling for them to defeat the defending champs

Nylander scores his second and the Leafs win 2-1 and force a game 7 in Boston on Saturday. Austin who?

Vancouver at Nashville and Dallas at Vegas. Go Preds and go Knights. I want 2 more series to go 7 games like the Leafs and Bruins

Last edited:

That was boring game until the last couple minutes. Canucks pull it off and now will face the Oilers

That was boring game until the last couple minutes. Canucks pull it off and now will face the Oilers
The Pearl Jam road crew breathed a huge sigh relief, not having to tear down the entire stage between their Saturday & Monday shows for G7 which would have been Sunday at Rogers Arena.

Stars and Knights still scoreless with 7 to go in the second much like the last game. Difference is this game is ten times as exciting

And down to 8

Avs vs Stars
Canucks vs Oilers
Canes vs Rangers
Bruins vs Panthers

That was an absolute ass kicking by the Bruins. Didn’t see that coming

From hanging around Vancouver for the past 3 days, the Canucks-Oilers series is a big freakin' deal in these parts. Huge provincial bragging rights on the line between B.C. & Alberta, almost secondary to having a shot at being one of the last 4 teams to hoist the Cup.

Even though they are in the same Division/Conference lately, they have not met in the post-season in over 30 years.

Vancouver swept the season series, but 3 of the games were early before mid-November when Edmonton was struggling and eventually canned their head coach. The 4th game, Connor McDavid was hurt.

TSN, the Canadian version of ESPN is giving this epic attention, on par with Yankees-Red Sox.

Impressive job by VGK to give away the series after winning the first two on the road. Now let's get Florida, Carolina, and Dallas out of there and put the cup in a real hockey market.

From hanging around Vancouver for the past 3 days, the Canucks-Oilers series is a big freakin' deal in these parts. Huge provincial bragging rights on the line between B.C. & Alberta, almost secondary to having a shot at being one of the last 4 teams to hoist the Cup.

Even though they are in the same Division/Conference lately, they have not met in the post-season in over 30 years.

Vancouver swept the season series, but 3 of the games were early before mid-November when Edmonton was struggling and eventually canned their head coach. The 4th game, Connor McDavid was hurt.

TSN, the Canadian version of ESPN is giving this epic attention, on par with Yankees-Red Sox.
This! Enjoy Vancouver! If you have time, hop on a ferry and visit greater BC/ Vancouver Island. An incredible place. https://www.bcferries.com/

This! Enjoy Vancouver! If you have time, hop on a ferry and visit greater BC/ Vancouver Island. An incredible place. https://www.bcferries.com/
I'm already halfway back to MSP (at Denver airport struttin' around with my TWolves hoodie).

Trip was a blast, my cousin lives in Bellingham, WA so I flew into Sea-Tac and spent a few days at his place. Amazing area, on the shore and forests. Hard pressed to think of a more beautiful spot in the US. We ate some fantastic seafood especially oysters & chowder, with some wonderful local brews.

Drove over the boarder Sat afternoon, hit some of preshow pubs in the Waterfront area.

Sun was the only day with no concert activity and with rain in the forecast (which it did) just didn't feel it was worth the time & effort to hit Vancouver Island. Probably best as a 2 or 3 day thing to see Victoria and then other parts of the island.

Instead we opted for Stanley Park & the aquarium then Granville Park (more awesome seafood) and drove around surrounding area. The city was hopping with Pearl Jam, Vancouver Marathon and basking in the Canucks success.

Preshow Monday we hit Yaletown for more seafood & suds.

I can't wait to get back, hopefully next time I can spend a whole week there.

I'm already halfway back to MSP (at Denver airport struttin' around with my TWolves hoodie).

Trip was a blast, my cousin lives in Bellingham, WA so I flew into Sea-Tac and spent a few days at his place. Amazing area, on the shore and forests. Hard pressed to think of a more beautiful spot in the US. We ate some fantastic seafood especially oysters & chowder, with some wonderful local brews.

Drove over the boarder Sat afternoon, hit some of preshow pubs in the Waterfront area.

Sun was the only day with no concert activity and with rain in the forecast (which it did) just didn't feel it was worth the time & effort to hit Vancouver Island. Probably best as a 2 or 3 day thing to see Victoria and then other parts of the island.

Instead we opted for Stanley Park & the aquarium then Granville Park (more awesome seafood) and drove around surrounding area. The city was hopping with Pearl Jam, Vancouver Marathon and basking in the Canucks success.

Preshow Monday we hit Yaletown for more seafood & suds.

I can't wait to get back, hopefully next time I can spend a whole week there.
Wise choices. Victoria/ Vancouver Island can be much to take in. If targeted you could hit up Mac Millian park/ Cathedral Grove in a half day, but going over to areas like Tofino (no big deal unless you are a surfer) takes more time. Northern part? Multi day, take a direct fairy, or forget about it. If you spent time in Washington forests, you got a good taste of Cathedral Grove.

Glad you had a good time!

Wise choices. Victoria/ Vancouver Island can be much to take in. If targeted you could hit up Mac Millian park/ Cathedral Grove in a half day, but going over to areas like Tofino (no big deal unless you are a surfer) takes more time. Northern part? Multi day, take a direct fairy, or forget about it. If you spent time in Washington forests, you got a good taste of Cathedral Grove.

Glad you had a good time!
At the Vancouver Aquarium they had a whole exhibit on Vancouver Island that was fascinating, so we both are more intrigued to go check it out.

Rangers win 4-3 in second overtime and now have a 2 games to none lead. Teams with 2-0 leads win 84% of their series. Both goalies played well but Igor played exceptionally well. Very entertaining game

At the Vancouver Aquarium they had a whole exhibit on Vancouver Island that was fascinating, so we both are more intrigued to go check it out.
On my bucket list. Get to Banff then to Vancouver

Hoping to go back as well. Would be fun to go up to Haida Gwaii. It's north of Vancouver Island. Not super far from Ketchikan, Alaska. The whole area is a massive rainforest.

Wow. Now that was one hell of an overtime goal by Wood. That dreaded 3 goal lead came back to haunt the Stars

Wow. Now that was one hell of an overtime goal by Wood. That dreaded 3 goal lead came back to haunt the Stars

Great finish to that game. I had Colorado winning that game, but I have some action on the Stars winning the Cup. Colorado was definitely more fresh after having a week off and the Stars barely 48 hours off a grueling 7-game series with Vegas.

This will be another long and grueling series, start to finish.

Swayman is in that zone. He’s in complete control right now. It continues and it will be hard to bet against the Bruins. Ulmark may never see the net again. Bruins up 1-0 after 1

I think I jinxed Swayman. Cats get 3 by him in the third. The last one coming with .3 seconds left. 3-1 Cats

Now the Bruins are setting the tone for game 3. Not sure how they got a power play out of that. Now the Cats score a shorty. And the scrums happen again. 6-1 Cats.

What a rally by the Canucks, down 4-1 midway through the 2nd but roared back to win G1 5-4.

Pretty cool to watch the game having been on that playing surface less than 48 hours earlier. It was also fun to recognize the outside shots of the city from a blimp-helicopter-drone when they were coming in/out of commercials.

The dreaded 3 goal lead haunts the Oilers this time. I was ready to go to bed when it was 4-1 but the Canucks score at the end of the second to make it 4-2 heading into the third. Stayed up after that goal. McDavid was held without a shot in net. Crazy

The dreaded 3 goal lead haunts the Oilers this time. I was ready to go to bed when it was 4-1 but the Canucks score at the end of the second to make it 4-2 heading into the third. Stayed up after that goal. McDavid was held without a shot in net. Crazy

Hell yeah!!!!

I'm not overly confident, especially considering their path forward, but I did put a tiny bit of action on Vancouver to win the Western Conf a few weeks ago, at 8-1 odds. Can't stand McJesus and the Oilers.

Top Bottom