Stanley Cup Playoffs

TRF Guy

Reaction score
To me there is nothing better than the Stanley Cup playoffs. Once again it’s wide open. The West is going to be a dog fight. The first round matchups are all pretty much toss ups. In the East I think 2 of the first round matchups will only go 4 or 5 games and that’s the Rangers over the Caps and the Canes over the Isles. Then again who knows. I’m going with the Rangers over the Stars in a 7 game thriller

IMG_5632.jpeg

Bruins take down the Leafs 5-1 but I actually thought the Leafs were the better team. Swayman was the difference in net for the Bruins. Could be another first round exit for the Leafs and if that happened I gotta believe Keefe is gone

I didn't see the Caps game. Charlie Lindgern (Lakeville) gave up 4 goals on 31 shots. Final was 4-1. Did he have a bad game? Caps had only 21 SOG, which indicates they were severely outplayed. Do the Caps have another goalie they will rotate in, or is this Lindgren's series?

I didn't see the Caps game. Charlie Lindgern (Lakeville) gave up 4 goals on 31 shots. Final was 4-1. Did he have a bad game? Caps had only 21 SOG, which indicates they were severely outplayed. Do the Caps have another goalie they will rotate in, or is this Lindgren's series?
Their starter now backup is Kuemper. So no they really don’t have anyone to replace him unless Kuemper can find some magic in a bottle. This game has nothing to do with goaltending. The Rangers were just the better team by a lot

What a crazy 20 that was. Avs dang near matched the total goals they scored in the 3 games they played the Jets this season. 4. Tied at 3

Avalanche need a goalie. 6-3 Jets with 14 to go in the third

7-6 Jets. If this game is any indication how the rest of the series will go it’s going to be must see TV

I am casually following the Canucks-Predators Series for no reason besides if there should be a Game 7, it would be on Sunday May 5th.

I will be in that city for events that take place in the same venue on May 4th & 6th that involve my current avatar.

I started watching Game 1 in the 2nd period, Canucks down 1-0. They were down 2-1 midway through the 3rd and got 2 goals within a shift of each other on their way to a 4-2 win.

I am casually following the Canucks-Predators Series for no reason besides if there should be a Game 7, it would be on Sunday May 5th.

I will be in that city for events that take place in the same venue on May 4th & 6th that involve my current avatar.

I started watching Game 1 in the 2nd period, Canucks down 1-0. They were down 2-1 midway through the 3rd and got 2 goals within a shift of each other on their way to a 4-2 win.
Good chance it goes 7

F'k the Dallas Stars.

VGK 1-0. And this had to be one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen Vegas play in the playoffs. Just horrendous giveaways, soft drop passes to nobody, and a gift goal let in from over 60 feet, unobstructed. And they still won.

F'k the Dallas Stars.

VGK 1-0. And this had to be one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen Vegas play in the playoffs. Just horrendous giveaways, soft drop passes to nobody, and a gift goal let in from over 60 feet, unobstructed. And they still won.
F Vegas and Dallas. Despise both teams. I got Dallas losing to the Rangers in 7. Oetinger has to be better in net. He’s been Jekyl and Hyde this season

F Vegas and Dallas. Despise both teams. I got Dallas losing to the Rangers in 7. Oetinger has to be better in net. He’s been Jekyl and Hyde this season

God Bless the Vegas Golden Knights.

I don't think anything more needs to be said

I only watched the 3rd Period and despite having a huge shots on goal disadvantage, Preds even up the series by winning 4-1.

I only watched the 3rd Period and despite having a huge shots on goal disadvantage, Preds even up the series by winning 4-1.

From what little I saw of the first two games, Nashville clearly wants to make this a very physical series, laying the lumber all over the ice when they have the chance. It might work against Vancouver.

For a team that was for the most part a full-blown Seller at the trade deadline, it's really impressive what the Preds have done to finish the season and roll into the playoffs. You don't see that very often, tip your hat to them.

From what little I saw of the first two games, Nashville clearly wants to make this a very physical series, laying the lumber all over the ice when they have the chance. It might work against Vancouver.

For a team that was for the most part a full-blown Seller at the trade deadline, it's really impressive what the Preds have done to finish the season and roll into the playoffs. You don't see that very often, tip your hat to them.
Best of both worlds, acquired draft chips going forward and still competitive in the Playoffs now having home ice advantage.

Best of both worlds, acquired draft chips going forward and still competitive in the Playoffs now having home ice advantage.

Looking at Cap Friendly for the Preds, talk about an interesting 2024 NHL draft

One 1st round pick
Three 2nd round picks
Two 3rd round picks
Three 4th round picks

Gotta believe with that many chances that they'll hit on a handful of those picks. Good for them I guess. But I still think that "Smashville" bit is ridiculous nonsense.

What a choke job by the Preds. Up 3-1 and gave up a pair of 6on5 goals with less than 3 minutes in Reg. The second one was with 6 seconds left on the clock.

Canucks won it right away in OT to go up 3 games to 1 heading back to Vancouver for G5.

What a choke job by the Preds. Up 3-1 and gave up a pair of 6on5 goals with less than 3 minutes in Reg. The second one was with 6 seconds left on the clock.

Canucks won it right away in OT to go up 3 games to 1 heading back to Vancouver for G5.
Same player scored those regulation time goals too. Boeser

Same player scored those regulation time goals too. Boeser
Moot point now, but I thought Nashville's 3rd Goal to start the 3rd Period was really questionable. Looked like a "kick in" to me, but they ruled it a deflection.

Lightning join the Caps on the golf course
Stars tie their series with the Knights at 2 apiece and neither has won at home

Preds overcame the late Game 4 meltdown and are heading back to Broadway for G6. Down 1 zip early in the 3rd, they rallied for a 2-1 over the Canucks.

As an aside, I can't imagine there's any possible intra-Western Conference flight longer than Vancouver to Nashville.

No Matthew’s again tonight. Pulling for the Leafs just for the fact I want a game 7. Nothing like game 7’s in the Stanley Cup playoffs

Top Bottom