Shannon brooks

Could this injury have been prevented? Probably. Not sure what actually took place. But regardless, I think it is time that TC evaluates his strength and conditioning program. As I remember it, the strength and conditioning coach came with Kill. Maybe he will be the next coach to be replaced. I was reminded of Iowa state where the strength coach was changed and instead of 1 player benching 400 lbs. In 6 months they have several. Just a different approach.

Could this injury have been prevented? Probably. Not sure what actually took place. But regardless, I think it is time that TC evaluates his strength and conditioning program. As I remember it, the strength and conditioning coach came with Kill. Maybe he will be the next coach to be replaced. I was reminded of Iowa state where the strength coach was changed and instead of 1 player benching 400 lbs. In 6 months they have several. Just a different approach.

I am not sure Iowa State is the program we want to model ourselves after. 9 losses last year?

Could this injury have been prevented? Probably. Not sure what actually took place.

What a ridiculous statement. You have no idea what happened, how it happened, or the severity, yet you know it could have been prevented.

And to assume that changing the S&C coach would magically make incidents like this not happen is equally ridiculous.

I have no inside knowledge, but when I hear 'foot injury' regarding a running back, I think turf toe. I don't think anyone has ever come up with a surefire way to prevent it.

I heard it's a broken bone. Not sure how you prevent such a freak injury. Have to use feet to play most sports.

I think it would actually be be good news if it was a broken bone. Would hate to see a lingering thing that raises questions about red shirts, long term solutions, surgery, etc.

I heard that he slipped in a puddle of liniment in the locker room and flipped upside down, hit his pinky toe on a coathook in his locker, and contused it. Then when they x-rayed his foot, they found a conjoined twin sister that he never knew he had, and furthermore, she's pregnant. So he's going to be on maternity leave all season.

That's what I heard.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We don't get conference games until Oct 1. Doesn't seem like the end of the world.

What a ridiculous statement. You have no idea what happened, how it happened, or the severity, yet you know it could have been prevented.

And to assume that changing the S&C coach would magically make incidents like this not happen is equally ridiculous.

+1

I heard that he slipped in a puddle of liniment in the locker room and flipped upside down, hit his pinky toe on a coathook in his locker, and contused it. Then when they x-rayed his foot, they found a conjoined twin sister that he never knew he had, and furthermore, she's pregnant. So he's going to be on maternity leave all season.

That's what I heard.

Does that count towards Title IX?

Seems like a good opportunity to see what JJ and McCrary can do. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

Broken bone is actually good news.

Depends on what bone. foot injuries can be tricky. I would think they will give Brooks all the time he needs to be 100%. the worst thing you can do with a foot injury is come back too soon and re-injure it. The goal should be to have Brooks back and ready to play by the start of the conference season.

Depends on what bone. foot injuries can be tricky. I would think they will give Brooks all the time he needs to be 100%. the worst thing you can do with a foot injury is come back too soon and re-injure it. The goal should be to have Brooks back and ready to play by the start of the conference season.

I agree, although it would be nice to get a few touches vs CSU if we're going to expect him to play a role against Iowa.

I agree, although it would be nice to get a few touches vs CSU if we're going to expect him to play a role against Iowa.
Actually PSU is between CSU and Iowa.

Who do we pull the shirt off of- Femi-Cole or Johannesson?

Rodney Smith is arguably just as good as Brooks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rodney Smith is arguably just as good as Brooks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sure, you can argue anything. Rodney is not as good as Brooks tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, you can argue anything. Rodney is not as good as Brooks tho.

I think Rodney Smith is as good Brooks in what he does, however they are very different runners that complement each other. Either way, he should be able to pick up any slack between brook's talent and whoever is in his place in the first game.

I have no inside knowledge, but when I hear 'foot injury' regarding a running back, I think turf toe. I don't think anyone has ever come up with a surefire way to prevent it.

I have no inside knowledge, but when I hear 'foot injury' regarding a running back, I think corn beef sandwich. I don't think anyone has ever come up with better corn beef sandwich than Allie's Deli.

I think Rodney Smith is as good Brooks in what he does, however they are very different runners that complement each other. Either way, he should be able to pick up any slack between brook's talent and whoever is in his place in the first game.

I agree. He runs more like Cobb did. Also a perfect time to get the passing game in gear.

The two guys I want to see pounding the rock behind the run first o line till Brooks is healthy, are Johannesson and Femi-Cole.

Foot injuries are bad. If they project 3-5, I say keep him out 7-8 and bring him back for PSU or Iowa.

Top Bottom