Shannon brooks

Shannon Brooks injured his foot it
Was in a position he shouldn't have put it.
But Shannon is brave and he knows he'll gain
If he can put up with a little pain.

Shannon twisted it
The pain was immediate
The season moves on

Do we know for sure what the Gophers are seeing is unusual? Or is it a) coaches and staff are generally a lot more cautious than in the past when it comes to injuries and b) fans know about them a lot more because of social media?

I think social media plays a big part, everyone jumps, and everyone wants a scoop.... Plus, we are likely all a little paranoid after last years well beaten path to the team doctor.
Hopefully things will settle down quickly.

I think social media plays a big part, everyone jumps, and everyone wants a scoop.... Plus, we are likely all a little paranoid after last years well beaten path to the team doctor.
Hopefully things will settle down quickly.

You are correct. The same happened with the Vikings at the start of camp. Tweets came out about Peterson being held out, then another player left the field, then another. It's the place we are with technology. Every time a player limps or isn't participating there are now people from the media and public pushing it out to social networks before the trainers and coaches even know about it.

The funny thing about that is that when this staff came over from Northern Illinois, I remember Kill saying that one of the secrets to his success was a great S&C program that cuts down on injuries.

IMO it has more to do with the culture of sports and year around training with no rest. Check out the NFL every day there are announcements of guys done for the year. It has nothing to do with our current staff and S&C coach.

In my time here "****" - u is often the preferred method of communication.

The funny thing about that is that when this staff came over from Northern Illinois, I remember Kill saying that one of the secrets to his success was a great S&C program that cuts down on injuries.

I remember that as well. We do still have the same S and C guy(s) don't we?

Football and injury prevention is an oxymoron.
Injuries become a serious issue when quality depth at a position is thin.
That is why recruiting is so important.

If true, that means worst case he's back after the bye. I would take that scenario with him then being healthy 100 times out of 100. Could be much worse.
With a bye in the middle of Sept., there is no need to rush him.

This is how it always starts, then before you know it he is red shirting. Hate these foot/ankle injuries with running backs. Ugh.

You loved that Shannon, the way that he looked.
He had the goods; he had what it took.

He galloped about kicking Boiler a$$
And he excelled in school, shining in class.

Upon this manchild you pinned your hope,
And that is when you knotted your rope.

Now Jerry Kill, the absent villain
Somehow put Brooks on the bench, a-chillin.

Looks like Nostra-Beavcoon called it. Little disappointed in the lack of shade thrown his way though.

Make a full recovery, if we are as good as we think, Oregon and Indiana State should be wins even without him. Take the time to recover before conference play.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This just gives the young guys an opportunity to step up, let's see what we have!

Sucks big time. At least it wasn't Leidner...or an OL. Brooks is a stud, but RB depth is there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

We have RB depth, but Brooks is the best of the bunch. If he is back after the bye we will be OK, but we need him healthy for conference play if we are serious about winning the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foot injuries are a nightmare. Didn't the Wisconsin back ( Clements )deal with a foot injury all last year? He never did get healthy.

Foot injuries are a nightmare. Didn't the Wisconsin back ( Clements )deal with a foot injury all last year? He never did get healthy.

Not sure about a foot injury but I know he missed most of the time due to a sports hernia.

According to the news reports at the time he had muscles that originate in his pelvic bone pull away.
He was basically out for most of the season with that even after surgery and then a suspension for lying to the WI coaches about a fight in which the police were called.

As a running-centric team losing our most important big play weapon on a team that has been bereft of playmakers is a blow and there's just no other way to look at it. But, I'm sure Claeys and the team will carry on. Like others have said we have other backs that can play and perhaps Brooks will make it back to full speed for the back half of the schedule. McCrary, Johannesson, Femi-Cole will have opportunity in camp to be backups to R. Smith. By all accounts McCrary looks like the real deal.

Top Bottom