Serena

Took me a minute to recognise it was a trophy presentation.

Must be jelly, cuz jam don't shake like that.

Had to smile at the one comment....

"Dayummmmmm!!!"

And here I thought this thread was about her winning another U.S. Open...go figure.

And here I thought this thread was about her winning another U.S. Open...go figure.

The thread was started a month ago.

My post today was in reference to her dominating win today.

Go Serena!!

Gotta love her honesty!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Serena!!

Sister brings it. My homey Sir Mix A Lot be loving it!!!!

one of the greatest tennis players of all time

I'll take it a step further. While its hard to compare athletes in different sports, I'll do it anyway and state that she's the greatest female athlete in the history of women's sports. No female athlete has her build, speed, quickness, explosiveness, agility, strength, etc. She's easily the most recognizable female athlete of her generation in all sports and her longevity is amazing. I still contend that even with as well known as she is, her "story" (and Venus') is way under told and is incredibly inspiring and legendary.

Go Serena!!

I'll take it a step further. While its hard to compare athletes in different sports, I'll do it anyway and state that she's the greatest female athlete in the history of women's sports. No female athlete has her build, speed, quickness, explosiveness, agility, strength, etc. She's easily the most recognizable female athlete of her generation in all sports and her longevity is amazing. I still contend that even with as well known as she is, her "story" (and Venus') is way under told and is incredibly inspiring and legendary.

Go Serena!!

Perhaps, but Lindsey Vonn's skiing exploits are quite possibly equal to Serena's in tennis. Vonn's sport is much more punishing on the body and the joints, but there is no doubt that Serena ranks as one of the greatest female athletes.

Perhaps, but Lindsey Vonn's skiing exploits are quite possibly equal to Serena's in tennis. Vonn's sport is much more punishing on the body and the joints, but there is no doubt that Serena ranks as one of the greatest female athletes.

You know this for sure?

You know this for sure?
Of course he doesn't. Half the stuff he says is made-up.

Great tournament for Serena. She can be a machine. And she sure as hell is in the running for best female athlete ever. She probably never played anything but tennis starting at about age 3, but I bet she would be pretty good at a few others.

You know this for sure?

Have you ever gone downhill skiing? It's tough on the joints and puts a tremendous force on the knees. There is a reason why Vonn has faced knee repairs.

I'm not taking anything away from Serena. She's a great tennis player and an elite athlete. I would put Vonn up in the same category with Serena.

^^^ Weak-kneed (in more ways than one)

Have you ever gone downhill skiing? It's tough on the joints and puts a tremendous force on the knees. There is a reason why Vonn has faced knee repairs.

I'm not taking anything away from Serena. She's a great tennis player and an elite athlete. I would put Vonn up in the same category with Serena.

You really think so? Serena can certainly out-grunt Vonn.

I hope she wins Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. Get the calendar year grand slam Williams!

#21!! And now a two-time Serena Slam holder! The pressure heading into the U.S. Open for her to complete the calendar year Grand Slam will be huge.

G.O.A.T.

Go Serena!!

She's a great athlete. Which doesn't change the fact that her father is still bat-bleep crazy. ESPN did a retrospective the other day on 25 years of "outside the lines." they ran a clip of an interview they did with Dad when the girls were still very young - now there's a guy who needs a tinfoil hat.

Author J.K. Rowling with a great take down of a Twitter troll ripping on Serena:

Go Serena!!

Author J.K. Rowling with a great take down of a Twitter troll ripping on Serena:

Go Serena!!

That is a good one by Rowling. That dude got served!

Incredible:

Go Serena!!

It's too bad Martina Hingis couldn't stay healthy as a singles player. She probably would have been the main rival Serena needed.

Martina has remade herself into the Queen of Doubles, sweeping Wimbledon (with Sania Mirza & Leander Paes) and winning the Aussie Mixed.

Top Bottom