Season Ticket Renewals 2012

I don't know about the season ticket totals anymore. That number appears to mean something, but not a count of how many people have tickets to the game (tickets sold/passes to the boxes/loge/indoor club/students/visitors/faculty tickets/AD tickets...on and on). I think it is just a count of how many season ticket holders in "regular season ticket seats" there are.

I do know that because we added two seats and hit the donation plateau, we were eligible for a second parking pass. Guess what? Lot 37 is sold out. Lot 33 has less than 10 spaces left. The Maroon and Gold Lots are under 30 passes from being sold out. We bought a pass in the 4th Street Ramp today so our guests can park nearby and join us in Lot 37.

Hmm...busts the parking paradigm, huh?

I really don't consider students as regular season ticket holders. Its my understanding Aspire is on a one year contact. The Gophers know the demand for tickets will go up without Aspire in 2013 with that attractive home schedule. I do hope Aspire can at least get those 3529 cancelled season tickets back?

A recent article in the St. Paul paper said it was a three year contract with Aspire, with an option on two additional years.

I really don't consider students as regular season ticket holders. Its my understanding Aspire is on a one year contact. The Gophers know the demand for tickets will go up without Aspire in 2013 with that attractive home schedule. I do hope Aspire can at least get those 3529 cancelled season tickets back?

If you don't count students then you can't talk about it as a 50,000 seat stadium. It would have to be discussed like a 37,000 seat stadium for any discussions of season ticket holder numbers to be relevant and logical (in addition to the 10,000 student seats there are 3,000 visitor seats that cannot be sold to STH).

In any case, Votary is right. The contract is for 3 years with an option for 2 more. There is a clause that lets the U drop Aspire after 1 year if they don't hit an agreed upon sales target. Details from the PiPress article:
On March 27, the Board of Regents granted Kaler's request for emergency approval to pay Aspire $3.5 million over five years, ending in 2017. The Gophers and Aspire then agreed to a three-year contract, with an additional two years as an option.

Aspire guarantees to meet at least 85 percent of its $1.57 million incremental revenue goal in the first year. Incremental revenue
is extra money the U expects to receive based on entirely new ticket sales.

If that amount is not reached, the school can opt out of its contract after the first year.

I believe the contract $ goal encompasses both football and men's basketball.

Just added 2 seats in Section 143. Pleased they were available, but disappointed we have season ticket holders giving up lower level chair backs like that.

Just added 2 seats in Section 143. Pleased they were available, but disappointed we have season ticket holders giving up lower level chair backs like that.

How do you know they didn't move into better lower level chairbacks because the old season ticket holders for those seats died? Or how do you know that the old season ticket holders for the seats you now hold didn't die themselves?

A lot of the lower bowl tickets are corporate, too. Fine with me, meaning more for real fans like you. Aspire will get the corporates on board and get them to actually use the tickets (new single-game sell-back options to be announced).

If you don't count students then you can't talk about it as a 50,000 seat stadium. It would have to be discussed like a 37,000 seat stadium for any discussions of season ticket holder numbers to be relevant and logical (in addition to the 10,000 student seats there are 3,000 visitor seats that cannot be sold to STH).

In any case, Votary is right. The contract is for 3 years with an option for 2 more. There is a clause that lets the U drop Aspire after 1 year if they don't hit an agreed upon sales target. Details from the PiPress article:

He meant "regular". I get it. A lot of student season tickets roll over to someone new, a higher % of turnover than the average season ticket holders like us.

How do you know they didn't move into better lower level chairbacks because the old season ticket holders for those seats died? Or how do you know that the old season ticket holders for the seats you now hold didn't die themselves?

I don't. The same way you don't know that they did. However, I think most would agree the liklihood is greater that my initial theory (seats given up) is correct. Thanks for pointing out that outlying possibility though.

A recent article in the St. Paul paper said it was a three year contract with Aspire, with an option on two additional years.

i thought that i read it was a "3 year" contract with years 2 and 3 of said contract being the optional ones. ??

i thought that i read it was a "3 year" contract with years 2 and 3 of said contract being the optional ones. ??

As GoAUpher explained above, the U has an option to cancel after one year if Aspire doesn't meet a certain threshold of sales. Otherwise, it's a three-year contract, with a possibility of being a five-year deal.

A lot of the lower bowl tickets are corporate, too. Fine with me, meaning more for real fans like you. Aspire will get the corporates on board and get them to actually use the tickets (new single-game sell-back options to be announced).

so all season ticket holders will have the option to sell tickets back to the U for any given game? Or do you mean we will be able to trade tickets for one game for a different game?

Got a confession to make to you fine people: MrsGopher and I did not renew our tickets this year. If the Air Force trained its linguists in the Twin Cities area, you can bet your roasted nuts I'd renew again.

But, I'll have to watch our beloved Maroon and Gold (Pigskin, Pucks, and Hoops) from miserable Monterey, CA for the next 13 months. ;)

Sorry, for contributing to the empty-seatage at TCF Bank Stadium. We'll re-up on tickets when we do get back home after 5 or 6 seasons - I'll promise you that.

so all season ticket holders will have the option to sell tickets back to the U for any given game? Or do you mean we will be able to trade tickets for one game for a different game?

From what I understand, you will be able to sell tickets back to the U, and if they sell them you will get a portion of your money back. It's like StubHub for STHs. Don't know if it will be in place for FB this year, but I think it might be there for hockey...

Got a confession to make to you fine people: MrsGopher and I did not renew our tickets this year. If the Air Force trained its linguists in the Twin Cities area, you can bet your roasted nuts I'd renew again.

But, I'll have to watch our beloved Maroon and Gold (Pigskin, Pucks, and Hoops) from miserable Monterey, CA for the next 13 months. ;)

Sorry, for contributing to the empty-seatage at TCF Bank Stadium. We'll re-up on tickets when we do get back home after 5 or 6 seasons - I'll promise you that.

Dude.. That sucks. Sorry to hear that, but hopefully you won't be left too far out in the cold without Gopher footage!

Dude.. That sucks. Sorry to hear that, but hopefully you won't be left too far out in the cold without Gopher footage!

I've got Gopherhole. I've got BTN2Go. Got ESPN. All I need is FSN north for Hockey games and I'll be set. I was so pumped to be able to make the drive to the UNLV game... until they moved it to Thurs. Now I can't make it.

I just completed my seat upgrade process.
I moved up exactly 1 row - same four seats only the next row down.
If I could continue to make this kind of progress annually for the next 35 years, I should have pretty good tickets eventually.

They are half way through the renewal process.

Since I'm in zone 10 and probably the absolute last person they will call, I'm not holding out much hope of getting more tickets.

But out of curiosity, for anyone who has recently been contacted about the upgrade process, what is the selection like?

Just Curious

Since I'm in zone 10 and probably the absolute last person they will call, I'm not holding out much hope of getting more tickets.

But out of curiosity, for anyone who has recently been contacted about the upgrade process, what is the selection like?

It seems to me that the only way you wouldn't be able to get more tickets is if they sold out before they got to you. The chances of that happening are slim and none and slim just left. There is a reason why they hired outide help to sell tickets.

I suspect though what you are talking about is more tickets in zone 10 where ever that is. Since I obviously don't understand the problem all I can do is say is that I hope everything works out for you.

I am in Zone 9 and if you go to the link they emalied you through the ticket office, you can see available sections that have side-by-side seating in them. Now, it all depends on what your preferences are for upgrading tickets are. But, like you, I'm close to the bottom of the barrell as well.

I am currently in Section 103 and not wanting to move my tickets, just add to them. I am looking to add 4-6 tickets and I am holding out hope for some decent seats in the lower level bowl. I am pretty optimistic that there will be decent seats at least in the lower level corners. But, I guess, we will see.

I am in Zone 9 and if you go to the link they emalied you through the ticket office, you can see available sections that have side-by-side seating in them. Now, it all depends on what your preferences are for upgrading tickets are. But, like you, I'm close to the bottom of the barrell as well.

I am currently in Section 103 and not wanting to move my tickets, just add to them. I am looking to add 4-6 tickets and I am holding out hope for some decent seats in the lower level bowl. I am pretty optimistic that there will be decent seats at least in the lower level corners. But, I guess, we will see.

Thanks! I must have missed that link! I'm in section 117, and am too hoping to add more tickets, fingers crossed.

Thanks! I must have missed that link! I'm in section 117, and am too hoping to add more tickets, fingers crossed.

If you're like me you didn't miss the link. You went there, and then you were in such a hurry you didn't realize all that good info was below the table listing the Zones/Dates.

Thanks e.bigelow!!!

If you're like me you didn't miss the link. You went there, and then you were in such a hurry you didn't realize all that good info was below the table listing the Zones/Dates.

Thanks e.bigelow!!!

Haha you're right. Pretty sure I opened it, thought it was just a generic seating chart, and X'd out right away. Thank goodness for people who throughly read stuff.

Thanks e.bigelow!!!

Not a problem guys! Glad I can help. :) Honestly, I had to read the e-mail a few times before I found that link as well. Also, they update it a couple times a day as well as the seating process continues to be more fluid. But, at this point, it is getting down to the nitty gritty of the remaining seats, so I guess I just have to wait to find whats left.

Upgrade process worked well for me today.

We moved from Sec 237 Row 23 to Sec 238 Row 11.

Nothing available in the first level that was appealing in the no premium sections.

A little help here. Anyone know if you can get into Williams to check out seat locations. I will call Monday as my selection is Tuesday at 1PM. Also, sec. 101 still has several chair-back seats available. Does anyone have knowledge of sight lines from those seats. Will the backboard/basket interfere with the sight of the game? What is available is middle of the section, just up from the tunnel. rows 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23. None of the seats I am looking at are listed as obstructed and they are all non premium.

Upgraded yesterday. Wanted to stay in 208 and was able to move up 5 rows and over to the aisle. Hopefully I won't regret having aisle seats!

Top Bottom