Season Ticket Renewals 2012

It's always good to call. Last year in received an email saying they couldn't honor my seat request....just moving 2 seats. So I called because I thought it was weird. Surprise surprise, they had available seats all over the place in sections I requested....moved me without issue.

I think this is another example of why they are trying to make the experience more personal and direct. If you check the box, you talk to someone. Helps take some of the errors out of the process hopefully.

If you do request interest in a seat improvement, are you able to keep your seats if you don't find anything to your liking? I'm definitely interested in looking at it, but we have 18 people in our group and we have a nice set up right now where it's 3 rows of 6 each directly in front & behind each other, so I don't want to just toss our current seats back in the offering plate unless we find what we think is a better option.

This may have been covered in the previous 4 pages of the thread, so don't call me a fool, but I'm fine with someone calling me lazy if it has.

Your current seats are your current seats until you formally give them up. We were offered seats last year that were a bit closer to the 50, but 7 rows further back. We declined and stayed where we were. It's like the request never happened...

CALL AND TALK TO SOMEONE!!!

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience adding tickets at all in the new stadium? I am looking at adding two tickets to the two I currently have in section 103. Just curious if anyone got two seats they specifically requested at all after looking at what's avialable or the just got best seats available.

We added a seat two years ago, but had to relocate. You can also try to add single or double seats somewhere in the rows around you and then try to move them closer to you each year. You may end up with your seats together within a couple of seasons.

I have never had a bad experience with the TO. If you don't like who you're dealing with, ask to talk to someone else or their supervisor. Be proactive, be aggressive.

Funny story about renewals. This weekend I'm reading through the brochure and I tell my wife that if I can't find someone to split my tickets with, I may drop two or move all four to non-donation seats.

I then proceed to show her the page with the new uniforms, make her pick her favorites, and then tell her all about the history in the fonts, the brick patterns, and about how the yellow jersey will be for special occasions, etc.

When I'm finished she says, "o.k. I think you should just renew, you're obviously obsessed with the Gophers".

badgergopher said:
Funny story about renewals. This weekend I'm reading through the brochure and I tell my wife that if I can't find someone to split my tickets with, I may drop two or move all four to non-donation seats.

I then proceed to show her the page with the new uniforms, make her pick her favorites, and then tell her all about the history in the fonts, the brick patterns, and about how the yellow jersey will be for special occasions, etc.

When I'm finished she says, "o.k. I think you should just renew, you're obviously obsessed with the Gophers".

LOL - Why not Gopherbadger or why not drop the hated Badger in your name? Can't be too obsessed with that crap on there.

Has anyone added tickets this year? If so, when were you contacted?

Has anyone added tickets this year? If so, when were you contacted?

I am attempting to add at least two tickets. Was told that they would be calling sometime late spring to early summer to ask about ticket upgrades/adding tickets etc. So, no, I have not heard anything yet.

I am attempting to add at least two tickets. Was told that they would be calling sometime late spring to early summer to ask about ticket upgrades/adding tickets etc. So, no, I have not heard anything yet.

Per the other thread, it sounds like this may happen on May 14th.

Kick butt!! We just got our confirmed seat upgrade. We are going from section 209, row 7 to section 109, row 18.

Curious, what zone are you in? I'm also in Sec. 209, zone 2.

Zone 1. We got the call yesterday. We did not like any of the options that were available at the time. Apparently you can wait around to see if something better comes along. We called back tonight and were told these new 4 seats had opened up. We jumped on them.

Zone 1. We got the call yesterday. We did not like any of the options that were available at the time. Apparently you can wait around to see if something better comes along. We called back tonight and were told these new 4 seats had opened up. We jumped on them.

were there any options for 4 seats together in 110 or 111? I'm in zone 1 also but still waiting for a call. thanks

We did not ask for those sections so I do not know. We are in $250 donation seats. Wouldn't 110 and 111 be $500 donations?

We did not ask for those sections so I do not know. We are in $250 donation seats. Wouldn't 110 and 111 be $500 donations?

Yes, 110 and 111 are $500 donations....were there any other good 4 packs in the $250 level? I imagine I should get a call today

Very Pleased... from Sec 239 Row 7 to Sec 142 Row 28. Are there that many people giving up their seats with prospect of an improving team or did the ticket office finally get their "stuff" together and are now making a genuine effort to accommodate the customer?

Yes, 110 and 111 are $500 donations....were there any other good 4 packs in the $250 level? I imagine I should get a call today

I don't think there were many good $250 options. We were in 209 row 7. The best options we had before the 109 seats were slightly lower in 209, but not 4 consecutive seats - mostly in two different rows in front of/behind each other. I feel like we hit the jackpot with the 109 seats opening up. The choices were pretty unimpressive up until that option.

I'm in row 16 in the upper deck, and before getting seats in my own name was in row 19 of the lower deck. Personally, I prefer the top of the 1st deck or the first few rows of the upper deck.

When we went from the Metrodome (row 6) to TCF (row 19) I was pumped; however, even the 19th row is too low for my liking.

Congrats to those that are pleased with their upgrades. I'm in Zone 2 hoping to move down some rows in my section or to the upper rows in the section below it.

I was thinking about heading down tomorrow to check out our new seats. Does anyone know where the Benton County entrance is located? That is where we are supposed to enter but I have never paid attention to the county naming scheme.

BBEERMAN said:
Very Pleased... from Sec 239 Row 7 to Sec 142 Row 28. Are there that many people giving up their seats with prospect of an improving team or did the ticket office finally get their "stuff" together and are now making a genuine effort to accommodate the customer?

You will love row 28. I'm in 110 row 28 and it is super quick getting in and out of your seats if you need to make a pit stop, grab a coke, etc.

zman said:
I don't think there were many good $250 options. We were in 209 row 7. The best options we had before the 109 seats were slightly lower in 209, but not 4 consecutive seats - mostly in two different rows in front of/behind each other. I feel like we hit the jackpot with the 109 seats opening up. The choices were pretty unimpressive up until that option.
That $250 will jump to $500 as soon as we put together a few solid years - compared to other NCCA teams where I have friends that have season tickets (example Colorado) we get by way too cheap not to expect a big jump.

That $250 will jump to $500 as soon as we put together a few solid years - compared to other NCCA teams where I have friends that have season tickets (example Colorado) we get by way too cheap not to expect a big jump.

Will you stop that? You have no idea, no one does. Could be 20 years before that happens. Take a pill. This is such a Minnesotan post...

highwayman said:
Will you stop that? You have no idea, no one does. Could be 20 years before that happens. Take a pill. This is such a Minnesotan post...

It's reality - stop denying it. Look around the NCAA at season tickets (common sense).... the U can't jack up those seats now with losing records. I laugh when somebody talks about $250\$500 when other schools charge $1000 donation fee (not including ticket prices) just to have a seat between he 20's. Now you take a pill Cowboy.

It's reality - stop denying it. Look around the NCAA at season tickets (common sense).... the U can't jack up those seats now with losing records. I laugh when somebody talks about $250\$500 when other schools charge $1000 donation fee (not including ticket prices) just to have a seat between he 20's. Now you take a pill Cowboy.

I tend to find reality easier to believe when someone backs it up with...ya know...reality. Links. Things that let everyone see what you're talking about. Because something tells me the schools you're referring to have a slightly better FB program. Programs that will still be much better over a much longer period of time than Minnesota will be after "a few solid years".

Does anyone know how many season tickets are sold each year? My buddy said TCF Stadium holds about 50,000 and about half are season ticket holders. Is this accurate? Thanks

The Illinois game last year had a paid attendance of 41,500 (after the season was in the tank for a while) so I would have to imagine that there are at least approximately 41,500 season tickets. Can't imagine too many people walked up and bought tickets for that game.

Magic,
I'd say your buddy is fairly accurate. Last year there was 30,270 season tickets; this does not count the students. I'm not sure if it counts the "luxury boxes" or not.

This year there's 26,741 renewals. Again, doesn't count students and don't know about luxury boxes. They're sure to get some new people after the upgrade process is done in mid-June.

These numbers come from the total tickets listed when it shows my ranking in Gopherpoints for my season tickets.

It sounds like around 3,000 season tickets were dropped this year. Hopefully, Aspire has success selling new tickets. Otherwise, attendance figures for games this season will have trouble reaching what we had for Illinois last year.

Top Bottom