Season Ticket Renewals 2012

g1976b

Reaction score
Quick question: anyone remember when we typically receive the yearly season ticket renewals? Seems like it's already later than normal.

Last year we received the "call to renew" e-mail on February 15, and the deadline to renew and keep your current seats was March 8.

I read somewhere that they haven't figured out yet what to charge! I think the deadline this year is in April.

Premium seat invoices were sent out last week with a due date in April. I believe the balance of the seating renewals are being sent out at a later date.

I read somewhere that they haven't figured out yet what to charge! I think the deadline this year is in April.

I don't think that is right. I'm pretty sure the ticket guy came out a few months ago and said tickets will be the same price as the last two years...

Today the ticket office said the renewal e-mails will go out in early March. We were called last week and told that they were not going to send out anything snail mail and wanted an e-mail address on file instead.

I wonder how many season ticket holders will bail after a 3 win season and not the best home schedule?

I wonder how many season ticket holders will bail after a 3 win season and not the best home schedule?

I have stated in the past that I was going to reduce my tickets from 4 to 2 this year. I now realize I am full of hot air when making that kind of statement. I will be renewing all 4 seats in the $250 premium range. Go Gophers. Jerry, Jerry Jerry.

Since this was my first season with tickets I not sure how the ticket renewal usually goes. My one question is should my season ticket purchase show up under my Mygopher account thing. When I first looked at my account the only things that showed up were small event tickets that I had purchased, but nothing to do with my season ticket purchase and I'm wondering if that is the norm?

I have stated in the past that I was going to reduce my tickets from 4 to 2 this year. I now realize I am full of hot air when making that kind of statement. I will be renewing all 4 seats in the $250 premium range. Go Gophers. Jerry, Jerry Jerry.

We're holding onto our six. It's a great time to be a Gopher.

IMO, if you base whether or not to do your renewal on "the home schedule," you have permission to not renew. Ever. And don't come back.

Since this was my first season with tickets I not sure how the ticket renewal usually goes. My one question is should my season ticket purchase show up under my Mygopher account thing. When I first looked at my account the only things that showed up were small event tickets that I had purchased, but nothing to do with my season ticket purchase and I'm wondering if that is the norm?

They won't show up until the official "renewal notice" goes out.

Just wondering, but how many season tickets do you guys think will not renew? The group of 6 of us who sit together are thinking this might be a good season to try to improve our seats. In 2012, there's no Iowa, Wisconsin or Nebraska on the schedule. How many season tickets last year were bought by Nebraska fans (and to a lesser extent Iowa/Wisc fans) and scalpers who will look at this year's schedule and not be willing to lose hundreds of dollars selling all the tickets?

In 2011, if you scalped all your tickets, you could've easily made a couple hundred bucks per ticket. But in 2012, what can you get for a slate that includes New Hampshire, W. Michigan, Syracuse, Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State and Michigan. I love the Gophers, but seriously besides Michigan, I doubt you'd be able to get more than $15 for any of those tickets. So if you're a scalper, are you willing to take that hit to save the tix for 2013 when IA, WI & NE come back on the schedule?

I get there are many reasons not to renew (financial & other) but it would seem that if you stuck out the last few years why not renew now? Whether your all-in on Jerry Kill or not, better days are ahead for sure.

Also, it may not be the sexiest schedule but most (if not all) of the games are winnable and it will be fun going to games this fall and realistically thinking the home team will win.

most (if not all) of the games are winnable

I agree with you except in the case of Michigan. For whatever reason, we just never match up well with them, even when they are down. We are 1-20 in our last 21 contests with them, and even that one win took a miracle run by Gary Russell to seal the deal. We are 0-14 at home against them since 1977. I really think we can go 5-2 at home this year (W vs. NH, W. Mich, 'Cuse, NU, Pur, L vs. Mich and MSU), which would mean taking care of business at UNLV in the opener would have us bowling. Any other wins would just be gravy.

I actually don't think the three-win season will hurt as much as some people might think. We were much more competitive in the second half of the season, and I think Kill has a lot of people believing.

However, the schedule stinks. I think that will be a big factor for some people who might be on the fence for buying season tix.

The Gophers marketing people have their work cut out for them in 2012, without nearby schools snapping up tens of thousands of tickets like they did in 2011. The good news is those of us that hang in there will have ample opportunity to upgrade our seat locations. Maybe they'll give current season ticket holders a deal if they want to add tickets to their account.

I agree with you except in the case of Michigan. For whatever reason, we just never match up well with them, even when they are down. We are 1-20 in our last 21 contests with them, and even that one win took a miracle run by Gary Russell to seal the deal. We are 0-14 at home against them since 1977. I really think we can go 5-2 at home this year (W vs. NH, W. Mich, 'Cuse, NU, Pur, L vs. Mich and MSU), which would mean taking care of business at UNLV in the opener would have us bowling. Any other wins would just be gravy.
Seriously, if the team that pushed Illinois up and down the field shows up for the first month of the season, I don't see any reason this team can't go down to Iowa City at the end of September with a decent chance to be 5-0 heading back home to play Northwestern after the bye.

Here is an oddball question I just thought of....So let's say the Vikes move into TCF for a year or two - what happens to all the setbacks people pay for? Some lucky Vikes fans would just get them due Gopher fans paying for them?

I do not care about the schedule. Come September with a cool breeze in the air, the sun dropping low in the western sky, the band playing, a stadium filled with Maroon and gold clad fans , our team on the field. Does it get any better than that? I do not think so!
Go Gophers.

Here is an oddball question I just thought of....So let's say the Vikes move into TCF for a year or two - what happens to all the setbacks people pay for? Some lucky Vikes fans would just get them due Gopher fans paying for them?

I've read that if the Vikes play at TCF, part of the necessary stadium upgrades will include permanent chair back seating to replace all bleacher style seats. Provided my season tickets are currently bleacher seats, I would welcome the upgrade.

I've read that if the Vikes play at TCF, part of the necessary stadium upgrades will include permanent chair back seating to replace all bleacher style seats. Provided my season tickets are currently bleacher seats, I would welcome the upgrade.
I'm the weirdo who wouldn't, but that's only b/c I'm really tall and the bleachers have more legroom. I certainly would enjoy it when temps drop though...those benches can be cold. :)

Are there the same number of seats in a row regardless of whether the seating is benches or individual seats? I am wondering if the capacity would go down even more with individual seats.

Are there the same number of seats in a row regardless of whether the seating is benches or individual seats? I am wondering if the capacity would go down even more with individual seats.
Excellent question. We have bleacher seats and part of the reason that have passed on offers to move is that our row happens to be rather roomy. There are only 10 "seats" in our row, but they could easily jam 11 or 12 in there.

Excellent question. We have bleacher seats and part of the reason that have passed on offers to move is that our row happens to be rather roomy. There are only 10 "seats" in our row, but they could easily jam 11 or 12 in there.

This has proven worthwhile when you need to fit another guy or two in with your seats (we have 8 seats together). Additionally, I enjoy the extra leg room.

Now only if I would splurge to get the chairbacks for the extra $40 or $50. My back gets sore and those bleachers can get f'ing cold.

We're holding onto our six. It's a great time to be a Gopher.

IMO, if you base whether or not to do your renewal on "the home schedule," you have permission to not renew. Ever. And don't come back.

+1. Stan will be renewing and maybe adding seats. Also, for those looking to upgrade, I doubt Nebraska fans and other who had season tix last year had seats better than yours. Those who choose to renew or not renew based on the home schedule boggle my mind. Either you are a fan or you are not. Granted the Big Ten did give us the short end of the stick in regards to the scheduling of Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska. Those are the 3 most attractive road games to attend and it would be nice if they had one one of them opposite the others...

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember them saying that they purposely made the bench seats a little wider than they needed to be (in order to match the width of the chairbacks) so that if the seating configuration changed in the future in terms of where chairbacks are located, they wouldn't need to sacrifice on seating capacity in order to provide more chairbacks.

The stadium was designed so that they could put chairbacks in the whole stadium and maintain capacity. Which is why you get more legroom and width in the bench seating.

EDIT: I see dpdoll beat me to it. :)

i hope tcf stadium is not upgraded to all chair backs. you need to have some bleacher style seating college football stadiums. it is just natural and college football stadiums have always had them more-so than pro football stadiums. otherwise you end up with a lot more people who never lift their butts out of their chair back seat to cheer, get loud, heckle the opposing team's ugly cheerleaders, etc.

a stadium full of chair back seats would remind me too much of the style of the metrodome. don't want anything that reminds us of that dump.

that and a stadium full of chair backs takes away a revenue opportunity for the school as they would no longer be able to sell the chair backs as they do now. perhaps they could charge more per ticket since all seats would then be chair backs. but as i said above, i think chair backs in a stadium takes some of the impetus out of people to get up and cheer and scream. some (especially the fat types) get too comfortable and lazy as the game goes on.

some (especially the fat types) get too comfortable and lazy as the game goes on.

So all the people around me who sit most of the game who are in normal shape are magically fat? I mean, they don't look fat. Am I blind or were you just generalizing for the sake of looking foolish?

I wrote a big analysis of why Iowa would be the best candidate to switch home dates with us and sent it to Maturi. His response was [EDIT] 'Ive contacted the Big Ten, but it is up to them'.

I suggest we get a letter writing campaign going once the new guy is in office. I'll post something when the time comes. This has to be fixed.

I'm planning to renew 4 @ $500 donation and am just praying that the guy I split with last year will stay with me...

Top Bottom