Season Ticket Renewals 2012

Was able to move a section over. I'll take it.

per Shama:

"The Gophers football season ticket renewal campaign is also complete, ending with 89 percent renewal. The athletic department is working with the Atlanta-based Aspire Group to sell football tickets this summer with 12-full time sales reps expected to begin work on June 11."

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Upgraded yesterday. Wanted to stay in 208 and was able to move up 5 rows and over to the aisle. Hopefully I won't regret having aisle seats!

I accepted a move from 18th row to the 10th row,two sec over however, 2 years ago. We ended up going back to our original sec the next year, several rows in front of us would not sit down the whole game and their were verbal confrontations with fans around us all year long. Now I know why those seats were available. Is it really an improvement if you have idiots around you. Hope it works out for you however.

I accepted a move from 18th row to the 10th row,two sec over however, 2 years ago. We ended up going back to our original sec the next year, several rows in front of us would not sit down the whole game and their were verbal confrontations with fans around us all year long. Now I know why those seats were available. Is it really an improvement if you have idiots around you. Hope it works out for you however.

Luckily, these seats are close enough to my original seats that I think I would have noticed if there was a problem there. They are only 5 rows up and a few seats over from where I used to be.

I have aisle seats for my Twins tickets and love it...hopefully the experience is the same for football. At least this way I won't have to have everyone at the sides of my row roll their eyes at me when I want to go to the bathroom.

Upgraded yesterday. Wanted to stay in 208 and was able to move up 5 rows and over to the aisle. Hopefully I won't regret having aisle seats!

I have two sets of seats (4-total) with each set being on the aisle. Trust me, you won't regret it. There is a reason the airlines are starting to charge a premium for those seats. I'll probably never give up either set of seats just to stay on the aisle.

I have two sets of seats (4-total) with each set being on the aisle. Trust me, you won't regret it. There is a reason the airlines are starting to charge a premium for those seats. I'll probably never give up either set of seats just to stay on the aisle.

When the ticket office asked if I wanted to move, I said "Hell no, I love my aisle seats."

I understand aisle seats are preferred over non aisle seats. My question is should I buy Row 30 or Row 12 in the lower level between the 20's? Row 30 is closer to bathrooms, concessions etc. Is Row 12 too low? Thanks in advance

I'd say it depends how much you are up using the bathrooms, getting concessions, etc. If you're up 3-4-5 times a game it might be beneficial to be up higher, whereas someone like me enjoys being down close to the action so I would sit in the row 12 seats. If you don't want the row 12 seats, send the ticket office my way :)

I understand aisle seats are preferred over non aisle seats. My question is should I buy Row 30 or Row 12 in the lower level between the 20's? Row 30 is closer to bathrooms, concessions etc. Is Row 12 too low? Thanks in advance

FWIW I looked at lower level rows before we ended up in row 18. Row 15 was about as low as we were willing to go. I am fairly confident that row 30 is under the overhang.

Hey... good news for me... After two years of banging my head against the wall and coming to the conclusion there was really no system in place for upgrading seats, I noticed things appeared to be much better organized this year, with "zones". My hopes were up. For the first time, I was actually able to move. I was able to move from Section 133, row 22 to section 135, row 19. The process seemed to be logical, and organized... and my attempts to get closer to the center of the field were finally rewarded. I'm looking forward to the new seats and I am hopeful that moving out farther from the corner may improve the sound quality from the band for me. Being in the corner or behind the band is a death sentence for ears wanting to hear it. I actually had two choices in section 135: row 22 or row 19. The seats in row 19 were closer to the middle of the field so I went with them. Really looking forward to the (slightly) different view in 2012.

does anyone have the link to the site where I can go see what is still out there? I should be picking in the next day or two here...

We were in section 142. We stayed there but moved up 15 rows. When we were down so low the players blocked the view of the field sometimes when the plays were on the near sidelines. So we are now towards the top of the lower deck. Should be nice later on in life with not so many steps.

zman said:
FWIW I looked at lower level rows before we ended up in row 18. Row 15 was about as low as we were willing to go. I am fairly confident that row 30 is under the overhang.

I'm in row 28. I think row 30 might be the row that is directly under the overhang (i.e. rain drips from upper deck facade). Perhaps someone else can confirm.

Please note however that row 30 and 31 on the visitor side will always be in the sun. The noon sun is already low enough in the sky in September to ensure this. Row 31 is best of both worlds - full sun, and no rain.

Unfortunately, zone 10. This is just our third year of having tickets. We're currently in 208 row 18, but would eventually like to move down to The end zone (146-152). The availability map shows there are still seats available here...that can't be true can it?

Unfortunately, zone 10. This is just our third year of having tickets. We're currently in 208 row 18, but would eventually like to move down to The end zone (146-152). The availability map shows there are still seats available here...that can't be true can it?
They're supposedly keeping the maps pretty up to date. I don't think those are very desired sections by the avg fan. The folks I've talked to who are down there love it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have a shot at one of those sections since I don't think most folks would be looking to move there.

Got the call today and moved from 212/32 to 209/19. I was pretty excited to stay on the visitor (sunny) side, but to move a little closer to the Oak St. entrances AND move down 13 rows! Could've gotten non-donation seatbacks in 208 (this was a goal for me last year), but I actually didn't mind paying the extra $100 last year. I got better seats (about the 25 yd line) and a few Gopher Points for making the small donation. Anyway, fingers crossed for nice people and a good section :)

That is correct...the map is updated daily and the only one of those sections that are not available is 146. I would also try to stay away from 150, as the lower part of the goal post is a obstruction for some of the rows.

From what I understand, you will be able to sell tickets back to the U, and if they sell them you will get a portion of your money back. It's like StubHub for STHs. Don't know if it will be in place for FB this year, but I think it might be there for hockey...

Can I ask you where you got this information from?

I just got the call and went from 208 row 28 to 237 row 24. We are lower to the field (though further from the 50), closer to the aisle, and unfortunately in the shade later in the year, but I think most who sat high on the visitor side last year would agree that it kind of sucked because there are a ton of scalper seats in those areas, so you would be sitting surrounded by new people every week, and many of those were often opposition fans.

Called the TO back today. We kept our seats (which we really like) in 246. We would have pondered moving if there were home side non-donation chairbacks on the aisle, but (unsurprisingly) those were popular and already gone. :)

Called the TO back today. We kept our seats (which we really like) in 246. We would have pondered moving if there were home side non-donation chairbacks on the aisle, but (unsurprisingly) those were popular and already gone. :)

Glad to hear GopherHole will still have representation (outside of me) in 246.

Finally on Saturday I got the call. I was very happy, moved my parking to the Oak Street ramp from Fourth Street and moved my tickets from 207 to 133. Still got four on the aisle. It will be our first year on the home side, and I hope it isn't too cold in the shade. But my kids wanted to be closer where they could see more of the cheerleaders and Goldie, so this should be a win.

Finally on Saturday I got the call. I was very happy, moved my parking to the Oak Street ramp from Fourth Street and moved my tickets from 207 to 133. Still got four on the aisle. It will be our first year on the home side, and I hope it isn't too cold in the shade. But my kids wanted to be closer where they could see more of the cheerleaders and Goldie, so this should be a win.

I just moved from Section 133, row 22. I liked it there a LOT. I just moved to 135, a bit closer to the middle of the field. I enjoyed it there where I felt I was right in the middle of all the action with cheerleaders, players taking the field, etc. I never found the lack of sun to be a problem. As my mom often said to me: you can always put more clothes on when it is cold, but you can only take so much off when it is hot. Everyone is different but I like not having the sun in my face, especially when it is hot. Plus, I enjoy the band and appreciate sitting where they are usually facing me when they are on the field. That being said, to me that is also the one drawback of 133. It is tough to hear the band when they are playing the rouser in-game. Between the way they are seated down in that pit, and sitting to the side of them... it is tough.

MinnyGopherfan said:

I just upgraded out of 133 - we had 4 seats on the isle. What row was that?

Schnauzer said:
I just moved from Section 133, row 22. I liked it there a LOT. I just moved to 135, a bit closer to the middle of the field. I enjoyed it there where I felt I was right in the middle of all the action with cheerleaders, players taking the field, etc. I never found the lack of sun to be a problem. As my mom often said to me: you can always put more clothes on when it is cold, but you can only take so much off when it is hot. Everyone is different but I like not having the sun in my face, especially when it is hot. Plus, I enjoy the band and appreciate sitting where they are usually facing me when they are on the field. That being said, to me that is also the one drawback of 133. It is tough to hear the band when they are playing the rouser in-game. Between the way they are seated down in that pit, and sitting to the side of them... it is tough.

You were about 4 rows in front of me in 133. Before I upgraded this year I sat right behind former Gopher Jay Thomas's family.

You were about 4 rows in front of me in 133. Before I upgraded this year I sat right behind former Gopher Jay Thomas's family.

Dang... wish I had known that before... would have introduced myself or at least reached over a couple rows for a high five when MG scored that big 4th down touchdown in our corner against Iowa last year.

Funny, my seats are on the aisle in row 22. Maybe we got your seats.

Top Bottom