rumor mill.......jd speilman

Johnson's tweet could also be hinting at him going to the NFL and being a future Viking.

I don't know if there is anything to it and RJ is likely just playing around, but I think he's obviously referring to the Gophers. He hash tagged "EliteAthlete".

People talking about him having a degree or not and being able to be a grad transfer are missing the point, there are a ton of RACIST Nebraska fans and I am sure if he transfers he would be allowed by the NCAA to play immediately.

Is that JD on the right? He looks much older than his profile pic. He only had 1 more year of eligibility, correct? if so I don't think he can transfer. You don't get a 5th year to play just because you are a grad....unless I'm missing something.
He played three seasons at Nebraska, starting in 2017 as a redshirt freshman. He is eligible to play in 2020. If he earns his degree from UNL in the summer of 2020, he could transfer anywhere he wants and play the 2020 season. This is my understanding, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Johnson's tweet could also be hinting at him going to the NFL and being a future Viking.
Good outside the box attempt, but Ron Johnson has actively been trying to recruit JDS to play for the Gophers on Twitter before. I believe in this very thread people have posted the Tweets.

People talking about him having a degree or not and being able to be a grad transfer are missing the point, there are a ton of RACIST Nebraska fans and I am sure if he transfers he would be allowed by the NCAA to play immediately.
tenor.gif

He played three seasons at Nebraska, starting in 2017 as a true freshman. He is eligible to play in 2020. If he earns his degree from UNL in the summer of 2020, he could transfer anywhere he wants and play the 2020 season. This is my understanding, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.
JD redshirted his first year at Nebraska. He just completed his redshirt junior year.

He played three seasons at Nebraska, starting in 2017 as a redshirt freshman. He is eligible to play in 2020. If he earns his degree from UNL in the summer of 2020, he could transfer anywhere he wants and play the 2020 season. This is my understanding, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

he isn’t even close to earning his degree until late 2020 and more likely 2021. He can’t be a grad transfer

he isn’t even close to earning his degree until late 2020 and more likely 2021. He can’t be a grad transfer

I want to respect JD's privacy, but at the end of spring session 2020, he will have had four full school years plus three (maybe four, depending on when he reported to Nebbie) summer sessions under his belt. To say he wouldn't be close to graduating after all that time seems (1) highly improbable for the normal college FB player, and (2) kind of a violation of trust if you really have private information about a special situation. You may well have inside info, but, out of respect for a good Minnesota-raised kid, maybe you shouldn't be tossing it around on a public forum like GH. Just a thought.

Welll well well. The thread that wouldn't die. Somebody better put a spy out to check JD's Spring and Summer class registrations and report to Gopherhole Central.

I do remember that Carter Coughlin wanted him so badly to join the Gophers Empire Class in 2016. He was enticed by then Nebraska coach Mike Riley to play as a WR. This what he wanted. Correct me if I am wrong. The Gophers coach Jerry Kill wouldn't guarantee him a spot at WR since they already had their usual two commitments at WR in 6' 2" Drew Hmielewski, and 6' 0" Dredrick "The Snake" Snelson. Luckily, Tyler Johnson at 6' 2" was a 2016 commit who was listed as ATHLETE.

Opting for Snelson over Spielman was one of the biggest recruiting mishap of the Jerry Kill Era. They opted for the Snake because he graded higher than J.D. Spielman in their book. Snelson stabbed the Gophers in the heart by waiting until NSD 2/3/2016 to decommit. Scott Frost wooed him to UCF at the very last minute. How ironic.

Jerry Kill already had 2014 6' 5" Melvin Holland and 6' 4" Isaiah Gentry, and 2015 6' 5" Rashad Still and 6' 5" Hunter Register on the roster. We now know all of them were either duds or weren't developed well as WRs.
It s obvious that the prior staff didn't prepare WR's like this staff!

I want to respect JD's privacy, but at the end of spring session 2020, he will have had four full school years plus three (maybe four, depending on when he reported to Nebbie) summer sessions under his belt. To say he wouldn't be close to graduating after all that time seems (1) highly improbable for the normal college FB player, and (2) kind of a violation of trust if you really have private information about a special situation. You may well have inside info, but, out of respect for a good Minnesota-raised kid, maybe you shouldn't be tossing it around on a public forum like GH. Just a thought.

it was put out by a Rivals writer for the Nebraska site, I’m not the author of it, just sharing what was already publicly put out there. It has nothing to do with him being a poor student, just not enough credits to graduate before late 2020/spring 2021

Last edited:

it was put out by a Rivals writer for the Nebraska site, I’m not the author of it, just sharing what was already publicly put out there. It has nothing to do with him being a poor student, just not enough credits to graduate before late 2020/spring 2021

If the info is public (on Rivals), then it's fine to discuss. Until your post above, I think some of us were wondering about "source." You've answered the question. Thanks. I didn't mean to sound harsh. Just wanted to protect JD if your information was non-public. Bottom-line, sounds like JD couldn't play here in 2020, even if he was at the U, because he'd still be an undergrad (absent some waiver from the NCAA).

Just throwing this out there.

JD would like to come here.

Fleck is happy with the WR core and wants to use it somewhere else.

Thoughts?

For that to be correct, it would mean that JDS has chosen, or circumstances otherwise dictated, that he take 5 full calendar years, including summer semesters, to complete the number of credits that regular students complete in 4 years with no summers.

Possible, but not probable.

Last edited:

For that to be correct, it would mean that JDS has chosen, or circumstances otherwise dictated, that he take 5 full calendar years, including summer semesters, to complete the number of credits that regular students complete in 4 years with no summers.

Possible, not not probable.

I'm proud to day it took me 6 years to complete my 4 years!

Welll well well. The thread that wouldn't die. Somebody better put a spy out to check JD's Spring and Summer class registrations and report to Gopherhole Central.

I do remember that Carter Coughlin wanted him so badly to join the Gophers Empire Class in 2016. He was enticed by then Nebraska coach Mike Riley to play as a WR. This what he wanted. Correct me if I am wrong. The Gophers coach Jerry Kill wouldn't guarantee him a spot at WR since they already had their usual two commitments at WR in 6' 2" Drew Hmielewski, and 6' 0" Dredrick "The Snake" Snelson. Luckily, Tyler Johnson at 6' 2" was a 2016 commit who was listed as ATHLETE.

Opting for Snelson over Spielman was one of the biggest recruiting mishap of the Jerry Kill Era. They opted for the Snake because he graded higher than J.D. Spielman in their book. Snelson stabbed the Gophers in the heart by waiting until NSD 2/3/2016 to decommit. Scott Frost wooed him to UCF at the very last minute. How ironic.

Jerry Kill already had 2014 6' 5" Melvin Holland and 6' 4" Isaiah Gentry, and 2015 6' 5" Rashad Still and 6' 5" Hunter Register on the roster. We now know all of them were either duds or weren't developed well as WRs.

What ever happened to Fredrick Seldom? He was the guy I was most excited about.

What ever happened to Fredrick Seldom? He was the guy I was most excited about.

After "Snake" Snelson committed to the Gophers, he stiffed them on NSD by decommitting and then signing on 2/3/2016 with Scott Frost at UCF. He may be partly the reason JD Spielman opted for the Cornhuskers.

After his junior year, he decided to declare for the NFL against the advice of a few people to stay in college for his final year. He went undrafted. Then, was signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars to a UDFA contract.

He was braggadocious declaring that a WR spot was his to have. He was injured in training camp, and was cut on July 11, 2918. Is that karma?

Day-o, day-o
Daylight come and me wan' go home

JD would be better off saying he needs to be closer to home because his dad is suicidal. He paid this QB a boatload money to piss away games at the end of the season.
Cousins is the 6th highest paid QB this year and is currently the 7th ranked QB in passer rating. His money is ridiculous but it's in line with what top QBs get paid. Vikings O-line more the problem than the QB.

Anyway...back on topic. Would love to have JD play for the Gophers but won't lose any sleep over it.

Top Bottom