Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grown men don't bitch and moan about where a 17 year old decides to go to college. Some of y'all need to grow up.

Best of luck to Reid, seems like a good kid.

Grown men don't bitch and moan about a message board they chose to click on. Jog on, pal.

Big loss for the program. But no time to wallow, go hard after Vaughn and do your best to land him now. No time to feel sorry for yourself just go to the next target. There will be hits and misses over the next few years, and how you respond to them is critical.

Gophers will be fine. I don't understand the public invitation in situations like this, though. The second time I've felt ****ted on like this (Harrison Barnes did the same thing to Iowa State).

**** you go back to your **** hole in Ames

C'mon man!
this stinks.

He's probably just tired of thes Minnesota winters.

It was always about education. Stanford offered the best education of any school while still having a big time basketball program. I said Stanford was the school until a few days ago, I should've trusted myself.

Honestly, he wants to leave, then leave, have a good life, and don't come back. Just another punk who's too good to go to the place that welcomed him so well.

Was it classless or are you just a sensitive, bitter little girl?

It was classless. He could have announced on twitter, or to the press, or anything other than inviting the public, which he knew to be mostly Gopher fans.

Dude, chill the f*** out. I'm bummed too, but Pitino has been here SIX FREAKING MONTHS. To get Travis would have been an absolute MIRACLE. The program will be okay.

Amen. Let Pitino have at least a year before the sky is falling.

I wish him the best, but I have no idea why you would invite the public which would largely be Gopher fans and then announce for Stanford. Very strange.

I really think he changed his mind - or had his mind changed - during the week. The venue was changed from the gym to the media room.

Thankful as **** that we have Josh Martin, I think he is going to be a beast and that really makes this sting less.

It was classless. He could have announced on twitter, or to the press, or anything other than inviting the public, which he knew to be mostly Gopher fans.

Looked like mostly students to me with some media in attendance.

I think this is an indication of concern regarding Pitino's lack of experience. Guys who have professional aspirations are more likely to choose a coach with a proven background. Pitino has been a vagabond is is very light on experience for this level of play.

No response? What reason was there that we should believe you had insider information? You hadn't shown any track record of having insider information, in fact no track record at all. Many people claim to have insider information, but very few actually do.

The kid is classless because he invited people to his announcement? Give him a break. It was his big moment regardless of where he chose. Absolutely sucks, but some people are just ridiculous.

Honestly, he wants to leave, then leave, have a good life, and don't come back. Just another punk who's too good to go to the place that welcomed him so well.

Calling a kid a punk for taking a full ride to Stanford? Really?

Because Stanford didnt/won't welcome him well at all. Get real man. If you were in his unbiased shoes, you would do the same thing.

Big loss for the program. But no time to wallow, go hard after Vaughn and do your best to land him now. No time to feel sorry for yourself just go to the next target. There will be hits and misses over the next few years, and how you respond to them is critical.

That's right - go after Vaughn hard and go after a Juco big man that can hit the boards. We'll be fine. Would have loved to have him- perfect fit here for what we have. Oh well.

So you think Tubby would've nabbed him?
I think this is an indication of concern regarding Pitino's lack of experience. Guys who have professional aspirations are more likely to choose a coach with a proven background. Pitino has been a vagabond is is very light on experience for this level of play.

I'm speechless right now about the decision, but Reid is far from a punk. Stupid post.

Vagabond? Really. How clueless are you?

Everyone in there cheers when he chooses Stanford? Doubt there were Gopher fans. I wouldn't have clapped. Picture with Condoleeza Rice? Infraction. She paid him to go there. Have fun being hated in your home state. Your coach will be gone and when you come crawling back to MN I hope you get rejected.

The kid is classless because he invited people to his announcement? Give him a break. It was his big moment regardless of where he chose. Absolutely sucks, but some people are just ridiculous.

Yeah, but people can't accept that this is HIS big day, not theirs. Kinda sad.

Reusse admits he trolled Gopher Hole. It you take a step back, I think it is hilarious.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he switched at the last minute. If not, pretty classless to invite the public (and then presumably not let them in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom