Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gophs always end up getting locals who do not have offers from the big 4 plus I think he will put a premium on playing in front of Family. Jarvis Johnson was seen wearing an Iowa State Sweatshirt last weekend as De handled the number 2 rated Iowa highschool team at the Heartland Classic

Isn't Jarvis's sister committed to Iowa State? I know they are close and I bet that is more of the factor on his choice of sweatshirt than his current recruiting situation. Hope we keep working on Reid, good kid and citizen. Would fit and is a winner. Would only add positives to the program.

true, that being said The Mayor has offered Jarvis, Orlando Smith has not

Picked up a Michigan State offer this morning. Ridiculous recruiting year for MN talent.

Travis worked out for 2 hours before team arrived @ corn palace, prior to scoring 34 vs Our Savior Academy which at the time was the number 10 rated prep school in nation according to Max Preps. Max now has De as top team in MN. with 29th rating. Reid will face Number one rated 4A school Park Center and number one rated Kansas big school Blue Valley NW this week. Tubby expected for the PC game.

Sounds like it's still pretty much a toss up. Not sure any school has an edge with him. Hopefully we can lock him up though.

GopherHole tweet: ''#Gophers recruit @Reid_Travis_22 had yet another big game last night: 36pts & 12rebs as DeLaSalle beat Park Center 74-60."

Go Gophers!!

Had Reid Travis at 29pts, 15rbs shooting 11 of 20 from floor in Wolves Shootout here at target center. Looked very impressive, reminded me a lot of Kevin Love. Also Tubby was in the house, and I think jirsa was with him, Fred Hoiberg was also there, he must of been happy, his 2 commits played very well, Matt thomas scored 43 in 1st game, and Custer had 26pts in 2nd game

Had Reid Travis at 29pts, 15rbs shooting 11 of 20 from floor in Wolves Shootout here at target center. Looked very impressive, reminded me a lot of Kevin Love.
So he whined after every call and never gets back on defense ? :)

Reid scored 47 tonight against Breck. Haven't seen how many rebounds he had but i'm sure he had double digits in rebounds too. The thought of him, Vaughn and Tyus together is just plain scary.

Reid scored 47 tonight against Breck. Haven't seen how many rebounds he had but i'm sure he had double digits in rebounds too. The thought of him, Vaughn and Tyus together is just plain scary.

We need him next year! Would love to land this guy.

Here is the exact text a friend of mine sent me who was at the game

Reid Travis 47 pts!! Made it seem fairly simple...

I saw that on Twitter. I have seen Reid play in the summer hope he stays home and plays for the Gophers! He is a great kid!

How does Reid Travis get his points? Is he dunker among boys? Can he create from the low post game? Does he have a short to medium jumper? TIA for the answers from those who have seen him play.

How does Reid Travis get his points? Is he dunker among boys? Can he create from the low post game? Does he have a short to medium jumper? TIA for the answers from those who have seen him play.

I'm a little biased because I grew up with his older brother but he's got a really good all around game. The guy he actually reminds me of is Kevin Love. He's not the 3 PT shooter Love is YET but he can bang down low and he's got a good mid range game. With his high school team he plays as a 5 but I look at him as a stretch 4 at the next level.

For De La Salle he gets most of them under the basket. They feed him on virtually every possession. He's too big, too strong, and too physical for high school kids to defend him in the post. He's relentless and will get a lot of his own rebound put backs that often result in a foul. He's also fully capable of facing up and either putting the ball on the floor or pulling up for a mid-range jumper and does that more often in AAU when he goes against bigger defenders. His value is his versatillity and the fact that he's a difficult match up. If you're big/strong enough to defend him in the post, he will face up and score on you that way. If you can defend him from the perimeter, you're probably not big enough to defend him in the post.

One thing that should hopefully help the Gophers in terms of his recruitment is that Quincy is an asst at DeLaSalle. I just found that out Saturday at the Shootout.

So is he of the physicality and stature of Trevor Mbakwe. Seems like the same height, same weight. But does he have a matching style of play?

So is he of the physicality and stature of Trevor Mbakwe. Seems like the same height, same weight. But does he have a matching style of play?

Trevor is more impressive physically right now. He is more explosive and a little stronger (for now) and even has a better motor, which is saying a lot. How many guys in the country at any level have a better motor than Trevor? Having said that, Reid is still very strong/physical and pretty explosive. but he is more skilled facing up than Trevor, especially at the same stage. Reid is more of a threat to put the ball on the floor and take it to the hoop than Trevor is and has range to the three point line, although he doesn't take a ton of threes. He isn't quite as good, but Royce White would actually be a better comparison.

According to Doogie, Travis received a football offer from Iowa and will likely receive one from Wisconsin.

According to Doogie, Travis received a football offer from Iowa and will likely receive one from Wisconsin.

But we can't really know unless we were in the room when it happened.

Travis and Jones gophers guests for Thursday game. Mark Madsen of Stanford at De tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom