Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being a dual sport athlete is tough, and would be especially tough for a QB.

From what I read on this kid, basketball is his best sport. I think it would be in the best interest for the Gopher Athletic Department as a whole, if he played solely basketball.

And on a little bit of a different subject, if you could only choose one player, do you take a prospect like Tyus Jones who could possibly be done in a year, or do you take a guy like Reid who would likely be around 3-4 years?

Personally, I think the 4 year players are great program builders, but based on past players, I don't trust that Tubby can improve these players.

Personally, I think the 4 year players are great program builders, but based on past players, I don't trust that Tubby can improve these players.

Why? Andre, Rodney, Mav, and Austin have all shown tremendous improvement from year-to-year. The only player I think you could argue didn't improve was Ralph and that was obviously his own doing. The guy never did anything to put on weight. He was also the softest player I have ever seen, both mentally and physically. He was a SG in a C's body.

Either you are not an actual Gopher fan, or you are an idiot.

From what I read on this kid, basketball is his best sport. I think it would be in the best interest for the Gopher Athletic Department as a whole, if he played solely basketball.

And on a little bit of a different subject, if you could only choose one player, do you take a prospect like Tyus Jones who could possibly be done in a year, or do you take a guy like Reid who would likely be around 3-4 years?

Yeah right, no players improve. Did you actually think before you wrote this.

Could you please tell my any players on the roser that haven't gotten better every year? I'll give you Oto, but it is early.

You will regret posting this....

Why is he talking with Minnesota's football coach?

Why wouldn't he is a better question. I assume he's better at basketball than football considering he only has one offer for football. So assume he would be more of a prioritie to the basketball team would he quit after the last regular season game?

Sounds like he prefers football but is better at hoops. Seen him play football plus a former college QB I know who does scouting/film work concurs that he needs a lot of improvement to play high major college QB. He may start at one sport and switch out. Do not think he will play both in college, probably a RS QB followed by years as a back up (+ basketball practice is more fun than football practice)vs getting early court time in hoops. The fact that wisc, iowa,Stanford, and not to mention Mich St. all who have scouted him in hoops several times have not offered him yet suggests that he is not a top 50 kid.

Why? Andre, Rodney, Mav, and Austin have all shown tremendous improvement from year-to-year. The only player I think you could argue didn't improve was Ralph and that was obviously his own doing. The guy never did anything to put on weight. He was also the softest player I have ever seen, both mentally and physically. He was a SG in a C's body.

Either you are not an actual Gopher fan, or you are an idiot.

+1

The kid is about 6'6". Why are people just assuming colleges want him as a QB? He looks like a prototypical TE to me

Sounds like he prefers football but is better at hoops. Seen him play football plus a former college QB I know who does scouting/film work concurs that he needs a lot of improvement to play high major college QB. He may start at one sport and switch out. Do not think he will play both in college, probably a RS QB followed by years as a back up (+ basketball practice is more fun than football practice)vs getting early court time in hoops. The fact that wisc, iowa,Stanford, and not to mention Mich St. all who have scouted him in hoops several times have not offered him yet suggests that he is not a top 50 kid.

Scout I like reading your posts but you are not accurate on this one.

He definitely prefers basketball to football.

He will not play both.

Iowa would die to have the kid for hoops. Stanford can't offer anyone until their JR year summer due to Admissions. Both Wisco and Mich St will be at one of his first games and their intrest is more then genuine. He would already have these offers but he couldn't play in open gyms this fall for the coaches because of Football.

Your right he is not a top 50 kid he is a top 30 kid. His list isn't where Tyus's or Shaddy's is but it is either better or on par with the players ranked a few spots in front or behind him.

My guess is that it will come down to one of these five schools.... Stanford, Minnesota, Georgetown, Notre Dame or Harvard. Everything I hear from everyone I talk to is that it's about the academics more than anything else.

If he prefers Basketball and he has a ton of basketball offers vs one football offer why is he still playing the football recruitment card? Basketball level of recruitment much higher! No offer from Iowa or Stanford yet. A Qualified and open top 30 2014 would have way more Ultra High Major offers than Reid. Technically he is top 30 from ESPN recruiting which his highest number some others put him in the 75-100 range Is offer sheet looks more like a top 75-100 kid which would be a very good get for a program like the U

Scout I get what your saying but I disagree. ESPN and David Telep have him ranked 28th and Rivals has him in Top 50. I don't know where your getting your rankings from but I'll stick with with what the Big Boys say. If you click on the players that surround him on the ESPN list, their lists aren't filled with "ultra High Majors". He went from unranked to top 50 over the summer, which means that all of the "ultra HM" schools didnt have him on their rader until late summer or early fall. When the "ultra HM" schools try to get in to see him they get told he's playing football and they have to wait til the bball season starts. You think Tom Izzo would have two face to face meetings with the kid if they weren't serious?

BTW who cares about an IOWA offer? He will never go there. Stanford can't offer til the summer of his Junior year. From what I'm told Stanford is recruiting him the hardest. Dawkins and Madsen have been in numerous times this fall.

HoopScoop top 80, Scout . Com not in top 100 only 2 of scouts top 50 kids do not have stronger offer list than travis. ESPN recruiting lists Stanford as having offered 4 basketball players class of 2014

with respect to Iowa Travis and Sacar Anim 2015 reportedly were guests of Iowa for their HC. game vs Mn. De plays some tough non-conference games vs out of state teams and perhaps Reid will expand his list of offers.. He would be a very nice get for the U. I am interjecting some personal opinion with respect to Reid not being top 30 not implying that nobody rates him that high

Notre Dame @ De today to take a look @ Travis, Jarvis and Sacar Anim

Scout I like reading your posts but you are not accurate on this one.

He definitely prefers basketball to football.

He will not play both.

Iowa would die to have the kid for hoops. Stanford can't offer anyone until their JR year summer due to Admissions. Both Wisco and Mich St will be at one of his first games and their intrest is more then genuine. He would already have these offers but he couldn't play in open gyms this fall for the coaches because of Football.

Your right he is not a top 50 kid he is a top 30 kid. His list isn't where Tyus's or Shaddy's is but it is either better or on par with the players ranked a few spots in front or behind him.

My guess is that it will come down to one of these five schools.... Stanford, Minnesota, Georgetown, Notre Dame or Harvard. Everything I hear from everyone I talk to is that it's about the academics more than anything else.

I agree with the academics. His family is big into that and it seems to be a large factor. If he leaves MN I would bet it is a place like Stanford...

Notre Dame @ De today to take a look @ Travis, Jarvis and Sacar Anim

what do you do in your life that is so important that you need to save a couple of seconds by abbreviating your posts to such a ridiculous level? And Don't say that you scout because past history greatly contradicts that.

Is THE SCOUT! the same as The Czar or are they two different people? I've always pictured them as the same person without actually knowing the truth.

Last spring he had limited offensive skills, most of his points came on put backs, very physical though, if he develops a decent post game and spot shooter he could get there, have to work pretty hard though, I would be very surprised if he could step in and dominate his first year.

has a very high release on slow developing shot ( when out of the blocks) At De he will always be a banger . DT will not be using Reid much away from the basket. Did see his free throws improve over the summer, he would practice them by himself between games while rest of team would just hang out.

Gophs always end up getting locals who do not have offers from the big 4 plus I think he will put a premium on playing in front of Family. Jarvis Johnson was seen wearing an Iowa State Sweatshirt last weekend as De handled the number 2 rated Iowa highschool team at the Heartland Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom