Q&A With Star WR Andre McDonald Who Has Opened His Recruitment Again

I wonder if the coaches ever get sick of Fogo de Chao? I know I would.

I bet the waitresses are very talented, especially since they are taking some of the recruits there.

Sorry if this is old news (I didn't see it posted on the first page). I see on GI that another Vandy WR commit, Cory Batey is visiting here this weekend.

Careful there Donovan as you may get a knock-it-off-or-else for posting premium info from Zach

Careful there Donovan as you may get a knock-it-off-or-else for posting premium info from Zach

Oh, give me a break. It's not premium. Anyone on Earth with a computer and internet access can see that he has a visit scheduled for Minnesota on 1/27/12.

28rec60.jpg

Would you look at that? Just look at it! I never have, and never will, given/give Rivals one red cent, and somehow I was able to ascertain this information. It's magic!

I nominate you for preposterous statement of they year!;)

I can't imagine getting sick of that place.

I guess I'm in the vast minority then! If I were a recruit I'd want to go to Matt's, or Haute Dish, or Heidi's, or really, something that's not a chain. But I guess I'm a little past 18 years old and probably have different tastes than most of the kids they're bringing in :)

I guess I'm in the vast minority then! If I were a recruit I'd want to go to Matt's, or Haute Dish, or Heidi's, or really, something that's not a chain. But I guess I'm a little past 18 years old and probably have different tastes than most of the kids they're bringing in :)

Deja Vu may still have a free hotdog buffet. This would be substantially cheaper than Fogo while providing a much more memorable experience to an 18 year old kid.

Just because he opened up his recruitment when his coach left? I don't think there's anything "childish" about exploring your options when the dynamics behind the options change. If he just randomly opened it back up for a third time, yeah, that's one thing. But considering the circumstances, I'm not gonna be too hard on the kid.

This kid's got a little swagger. He is having the time time of his life with all those free recruiting visits and post HS bowl games. If he decides to go elsewhere, that is fine with me. If he decides to stay home, he has a chance to be a part of a great turn around story for the ages. You have to be happy for him.

Matt's? The bar with the Jucy Lucy? As much as I love Jucy Lucy's, I don't think ground beef with American cheese dripping out of it is something too advanced for an 18 yr old's taste buds.

Heidi's is good, but yeah, I don't think the recruits would be very comfortable getting caviar ice cream.

you have to know your clientel... i dont know many 18 yr old kids who wouldnt love all you can eat meat.. especially really good meat.. cut off a scewer right in from of you... the atmosphere is fun and livley.. im sure there are challenges put forth.. like who could out eat persig.. thats what these visits are also about... building team chemistry and friendships.. and hoping to snag a recruit from it.. fogo is the perfect place for that.

I get that. And I'm not knocking the choice of restaurant for the audience, just saying I would get sick of it after awhile and I wonder if the coaches do too. Seems like they're there once a week at least.

i wonder who would win. persig or limegrover in an all you can eat contest from there....

Deja Vu may still have a free hotdog buffet. This would be substantially cheaper than Fogo while providing a much more memorable experience to an 18 year old kid.

The 'Vu is most likely off limits permanently due to the controversy from several years ago under Mason. I believe a kid from Hutchinson backed out and went to Nebraska after his campus visit included a trip the the 'Vu. Made a big stink the the MN Daily also.

The 'Vu is most likely off limits permanently due to the controversy from several years ago under Mason. I believe a kid from Hutchinson backed out and went to Nebraska after his campus visit included a trip the the 'Vu. Made a big stink the the MN Daily also.

Lydon Murtha (in the NFL now). Guess he's not a fan of hot dogs.

I've heard two sides to that story.

I heard Murtha LOVED the vu. We had mutal friends and he was a classmate of my cousins. I also heard his mommy wasn't too happy.

If I was a recruit, take me to Annie's Parlor all day. Fantastic bacon cheeseburger, big thing of fries, and a chocolate malt. Delicious. I love that place.

I think I'd go with Matt's bar or Scott ja mama's

Sorry if this is old news (I didn't see it posted on the first page). I see on GI that another Vandy WR commit, Cory Batey is visiting here this weekend.

I wonder if the guy that was recruiting McDonald so hard was also Batey's primary recruiter, thus the reason why Batey is re-opening his recruitment, or at least looking around more.

Screw all of that. Fogo is a great place - what kind of recruit would not like all that meat...plus that salad bar is to freakin die for.

Screw all of that. Fogo is a great place - what kind of recruit would not like all that meat...plus that salad bar is to freakin die for.
Idk if those big lineman would care about the salad bar.

Usually i'd agree about a salad bar, but their salad bar is incredible.

I think the other poster was just saying that a coach might get sick of eating at the same place every week. I doubt that's the case, I could eat at the same place once a week pretty easily. However, I think his point was just that eating at the same place, over and over, might get a little tiresome.

zambam said:
Idk if those big lineman would care about the salad bar.
Dude - then you have never been to that salad bar. It's more then a salad bar. It's incredible!

Dude - then you have never been to that salad bar. It's more then a salad bar.
Well I don't live in the Twin Cities and have only been on the U of M campus like 5 times so, nope never been there. I was just making a joke.

Top Bottom