Q&A With Star WR Andre McDonald Who Has Opened His Recruitment Again

International game broadcast? Hmmmm...

He certainly doesnt seem to have maroon and gold flowing thru his veins as we would hope -- guys such as Nelson do.If he would reject us twice well--that would be irritating.

Did you not consider clicking on the link provided and think it may provide the info?

You mean the link under the text reading "This is the game he is playing in on 2/1/12".

He's not listed on the Team USA roster, is that because he's hurt?

Andre McDonald's decision will be what it will be. Too me he is starting to sound like a drama queen. Personally, I am not going to lose any sleep over him. If he wants to be a Gopher, great, but then he should act like one. If he doesn't, then he should stop playing these childish games.

Andre McDonald's decision will be what it will be. Too me he is starting to sound like a drama queen. Personally, I am not going to lose any sleep over him. If he wants to be a Gopher, great, but then he should act like one. If he doesn't, then he should stop playing these childish games.

Just because he opened up his recruitment when his coach left? I don't think there's anything "childish" about exploring your options when the dynamics behind the options change. If he just randomly opened it back up for a third time, yeah, that's one thing. But considering the circumstances, I'm not gonna be too hard on the kid.

He's not listed on the Team USA roster, is that because he's hurt?

Maybe he de-committed.

Seriously though, I noticed the same thing. The game's in about 2 weeks, I wonder how serious the shoulder injury is if that's the case.

Just because he opened up his recruitment when his coach left? I don't think there's anything "childish" about exploring your options when the dynamics behind the options change. If he just randomly opened it back up for a third time, yeah, that's one thing. But considering the circumstances, I'm not gonna be too hard on the kid.

I talking about how is planning to announce his choice by coming down the mountain and letting us know who he has selected. Way too much ego in this kid.

Tweets from Doogie:

"Andre McDonald on the #Gophers: "There's a good chance." He'll fly to L.A. this weekend for a UCLA visit. Spoke w/ MN again yesterday."

"McDonald, who's hurt right now w/ a shoulder injury, will announce his choice on a CBS College Sports International game broadcast."

Go Gophers!!
So there is a chance? I'll take that.

I talking about how is planning to announce his choice by coming down the mountain and letting us know who he has selected. Way too much ego in this kid.

Come down the mountain? There are plenty of football players who announce their decision during an all-star game or on signing day. What exactly does he owe you? This is a big decision for HIM. Not you or any of the rest of us. If he chooses our school, everyone will rejoice. If he chooses another school, our lives will continue.

So we get mad at Andre for making a decision too early and then backing out. Then we get excited because he decommits from Vandy after his position coach leaves, but then we make fun of him for doing it. Now we are mad for the kid waiting two weeks to declare?

Part of me wants the kid to go elsewhere as he as it appears that he is only going to get criticism while here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you better get used to kids doing this if you want the Gophers to get top players. A lot of top players wait until signing day to decide.

Good luck with your decision, Andre. Take your time and make the right decision for yourself!! I hope it's the gophers!!

So we get mad at Andre for making a decision too early and then backing out. Then we get excited because he decommits from Vandy after his position coach leaves, but then we make fun of him for doing it. Now we are mad for the kid waiting two weeks to declare?

Part of me wants the kid to go elsewhere as he as it appears that he is only going to get criticism while here.

Ding, ding, ding!

But all of me wants him to be a Golden Gopher.

[yeah...I get your point]

In many cases, the schools know ahead of time where he is committing. It's good for the school he's going to to announce it on TV.

Zambam

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you better get used to kids doing this if you want the Gophers to get top players. A lot of top players wait until signing day to decide.

I appreciate the fact that you at least realize what this kid is doing. I also know you are right about getting used to it. The more interesting question is how does coach Kill deal with them. I suspect that he isn't as tolerant of egotistic behavior as many of the people on this board seem to be. They may want to drool over him but I am not sure if that is very helpful to him.

Zambam is right.

Doogie: Andre McDonald says Gophers have 'a good chance'.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...cDonald_says_Gophers_have_a_good_chance011812

Hopkins receiver Andre McDonald, whom the Gophers want badly, said he was chosen for the International Bowl on Tuesday.

The game will take place on Feb. 1 -- National Signing Day -- in Austin, Texas, and will be televised on the CBS College Sports Network. It's expected to serve as the backdrop for McDonald's college choice, he said on Wednesday.

"I spend most of my time thinking about where I'm going to school next year," McDonald said. "It's all I ever hear. I never have a normal conversation."

After a visit to UCLA this weekend, McDonald will be done getting on airplanes. His choices are down to UCLA, Vanderbilt and Minnesota.

"I'm not leaning any way until after this visit," McDonald said.

Pressed on whether he could see himself staying in town with the Gophers, he said, "There's a good chance. ... I love the coaches. I love the atmosphere. I love the players."

His visit to the "U" campus came last weekend, with quarterback MarQueis Gray serving as his host. He said he had a nice dinner with the coaches at Fogo de Chao.

McDonald is currently sidelined from playing basketball because of a right rotator cuff injury. It happened during a block in the All-American Bowl in Phoenix on Jan. 3.

"I'll be fine in about a week," McDonald said. "I don't like sitting out."

While in Phoenix, he bonded with future Gophers football players Philip Nelson (quarterback, Mankato West) and Maxx Williams (tight end, Waconia).

"They told me to do what's best for me," McDonald said. "But of course, they were preaching Minnesota. They're good friends.

Tweets from Doogie:

"Andre McDonald on the #Gophers: "There's a good chance." He'll fly to L.A. this weekend for a UCLA visit. Spoke w/ MN again yesterday."

"McDonald, who's hurt right now w/ a shoulder injury, will announce his choice on a CBS College Sports International game broadcast."

Go Gophers!!

Good to know. At least that means we will have space for him if he chooses us. I was worried that getting KJ Maye meant Kill knew we wouldn't get McDonald, but it appears we're still in the running.

Sorry if this is old news (I didn't see it posted on the first page). I see on GI that another Vandy WR commit, Cory Batey is visiting here this weekend.

Well, that's interesting news.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/doqCBgeIoPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cory-Batey-111016

Dang, this is getting crazy...

While I've been skeptical of McDonald coming here, let me say this - I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if does in fact decide to stay hear. I just think he has the potential to be a really special player, and I don't mind the indecisiveness - it's just part of the deal nowadays, and I doubt all of the helmet schools are complaining about all the kids choosing between their hats and others during the Army All-American game. Would some of us handle it differently? Maybe, but how pumped we all will be if in fact AM actually ends up choosing to be a Gopher! It would be so awesome...

Sorry if this is old news (I didn't see it posted on the first page). I see on GI that another Vandy WR commit, Cory Batey is visiting here this weekend.

Thanks for passing this along! But he's actually visiting Vandy this weekend and us next weekend.

I wonder if the coaches ever get sick of Fogo de Chao? I know I would.

I wonder if the coaches ever get sick of Fogo de Chao? I know I would.

Are you kidding? Kill is a meat and potatoes type of guy, he said it himself. Meat and potatoes doesn't get any better than Fogo de Chao.

Top Bottom