Q&A With Star WR Andre McDonald Who Has Opened His Recruitment Again

So far, so good.... I'm not holding my breath but if we keep Harbison and add McDonald I am going to freak the fu@& out!

So far, so good.... I'm not holding my breath but if we keep Harbison and add McDonald I am going to freak the fu@& out!

I'll join you!

Let's get our freak on Joe!

Wait...not like that.

JoeDirt said:
That would be huge for this program!

Per ZachJohnsonGI:

4-star WR Andre McDonald has eliminated #Illini and #Iowa and will decide between #Gophers, #Vandy & #UCLA

EAT A BIG FAT D, UCLA. that football program is a chaotic mess right now. do the smart thing andre. and you know the smart thing is M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A. keep it local brah.

FWIW, here's my prediction. He either commits to us by Monday, or he's a Bruin.

FWIW, here's my prediction. He either commits to us by Monday, or he's a Bruin.
Agreed. If he visits UCLA, I think he's probably as good as gone (although I have been known to be wrong once or twice).

*DEEP OMINOUS MOVIE-TRAILER GUY VOICE*

UCLA: A program in turmoil with relatively no morals of which to speak, can Jim "Moral" right this ship back to the national prominence that it thoroughly enjoyed by stealing away Andre McDonald? Or will the Gophers be able to land this highly sought after recruit who can't seem to make up his mind?

J-Mora stars in the new knee-slapping romantic comedy that Jerry Kill describes as "a half hearted attempt of highway robbery" and Pat Poore also literally has some "critical" acclaim, calling it "just indecent, appauling, and it hit Goldy below the belt."

Bring your whole family out to Best Buy because this movie went straight to DVD! "UCLAndre!"

So I'm 99 percent sure this is Sid being Sid but he/his ghost writer reported that he has narrowed his choices down to Us, Vandy and Ill.

I'm pretty certain they just didn't include UCLA but it'd be great if Sid was right and Andre had eliminated UCLA

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/137337448.html

MV reported just the oposite of Sid UCLA and not Illinois. My money is on the younger guy since Sid oftenn gets it wrong.

per the previous page

Per ZachJohnsonGI:

4-star WR Andre McDonald has eliminated #Illini and #Iowa and will decide between #Gophers, #Vandy & #UCLA

So I'm 99 percent sure this is Sid being Sid but he/his ghost writer reported that he has narrowed his choices down to Us, Vandy and Ill.

I'm pretty certain they just didn't include UCLA but it'd be great if Sid was right and Andre had eliminated UCLA

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/137337448.html
Hey Sid's improving.....at least he didn't say it was down to the Fighting Bruins and the Golden Commodores.

Let's just wait till he makes his decision. It doesn't do anybody any good to speculate. Maybe he is taking his time because he doesn't want screw up like he already has twice.

its gonna go down to signing day. this kid clearly wants to put on the hat at the table in front of some cameras.

Let's just wait till he makes his decision. It doesn't do anybody any good to speculate. Maybe he is taking his time because he doesn't want screw up like he already has twice.

My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt...he doesn't wanna jump the gun for the third time. Or at least, he shouldn't.

He's lived in Minnesota his whole life, attended Gopher summer camps, was a commit who said he was going to talk others into coming here, decommitted, considered us again and took an OV. The coaching staff has been in contact with him for a year. If he doesn't know by now that he wants to be a Gopher, I doubt it happens...

@RyanBurnsGI

"GI has learned some interesting news on the WR position of recruiting for the #Gophers. Tune into GopherIllustrated for more."

@RyanBurnsGI

"GI has learned some interesting news on the WR position of recruiting for the #Gophers. Tune into GopherIllustrated for more."

Wonder what that could mean? Hopefully that Mcdonald has commited and NOT that Harbison has De-commited!!!!! Fingers crossed!!

@RyanBurnsGI

What a dousche. If he had breaking news he would have posted it in order to get credit for it.

My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt...he doesn't wanna jump the gun for the third time. Or at least, he shouldn't.

Maybe he is planning on signing with Gophers, but does not want to look like a flake...Whatever he decides, it will probably not be known until signing day, but if he is re-committing to the Gophers, it being a silent verbal does make some sense given the circumstances.

It would make no sense. He's visiting UCLA this weekend.

Makes sense to me. It is cold in Minnesota right now and who can turn down a free trip to somewhere warm for a couple of days. LOL

I don't know if he stays or goes, if I had to guess, he is going to go elsewhere. However, I think he was going to take both of these recruiting visits, no matter what.

As bad of a term as "silent verbal" is, players usually do it so they can make a verbal and still go on their recruiting visits, so it would be precisely this situation.

Again, I hate the idea of a silent verbal because it's pretty much useless and I think the kid ends up elsewhere, however, I think he would have taken his trip to UCLA regardless.

Tweets from Doogie:

"Andre McDonald on the #Gophers: "There's a good chance." He'll fly to L.A. this weekend for a UCLA visit. Spoke w/ MN again yesterday."

"McDonald, who's hurt right now w/ a shoulder injury, will announce his choice on a CBS College Sports International game broadcast."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom