Purdue tickets left

This is the problem....7 home games...they want to price three as premiums...Iowa is the only true premium draw....last year they had Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska...2019 they had Penn State, NE and WI...
In what world can you possibly consider Nebraska a premium game???

This thread makes me realize how few people understand economics (and explains a lot of what frustrates me in politics these days)! 😂😂 why would the U halve the price of tickets to increase attendance by 5%?
it would come with the assumption they care about the gameday atmosphere and with the idea that you would have somehow sold the rest prior to this at higher prices then these are "rush" tickets sold at a lower cost but with the risk you may not get tickets

Only about 350 non-single tickets left in the lower-bowl...all the high-priced sections between the end zones are basically sold out....most of what is left in the lower bowl is in the corners

three of the upper deck corner sections are showing as singles only

they are showing a lot more of those $71 upper deck corners as sold than I thought

Last edited:

Only about 350 non-single tickets left in the lower-bowl...all the high-priced sections between the end zones are basically sold out....most of what is left in the lower bowl is in the corners

they are showing a lot more of those $71 upper deck corners as sold than I thought
it is the advantage of there really not being a bad seat at TCF. people more willing to get the cheaper ones to get in the door

This thread makes me realize how few people understand economics (and explains a lot of what frustrates me in politics these days)! 😂😂 why would the U halve the price of tickets to increase attendance by 5%?
There are other strategies that could be implemented besides cutting the price in half.

Waive the fees, throw in a ticket to another event, buy 3 get 1 free, concession voucher...

There's definitely some movement in the upper deck corners.

There are other strategies that could be implemented besides cutting the price in half.

Waive the fees, throw in a ticket to another event, buy 3 get 1 free, concession voucher...
You can bundle and get prices down.

They already have a make your own package promotion discount with as little as two games.

That and it’s not like marketing is failing. They’re selling the vast majority of these “overpriced” tickets. That’s good marketing. A bad marketing department would just suggest lowering the price with no other suggestion.

You can bundle and get prices down.
They already have a make your own package promotion discount with as little as two games.
Yes, I referenced that in post #35. I didn't mean to imply the U Ticket office wasn't doing anything to help get the seats filled.

The 2 Game plans, show up right away when going to the website. 👍

That and it’s not like marketing is failing. They’re selling the vast majority of these “overpriced” tickets. That’s good marketing. A bad marketing department would just suggest lowering the price with no other suggestion.
What is your definition of "vast majority"?

This is as of 8:00 this morning:
1664456405693.png

People said the upper corners were too high at $65 (plus $6 fee), but they appear to have moved a lot if the Gopher Sports images are accurate (not always)...

as of 10:40 a.m. on Thursday, just the top rows left in 215, 216, 217 and 218 (upper corner on the closed end visitor side), ...the lower rows in these sections are all sold out at $93.

Attachments

• gophersports.evenue.net_cgi-bin_ncommerce3_SEGetEventInfo_ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AFB22%3AF...png
    gophersports.evenue.net_cgi-bin_ncommerce3_SEGetEventInfo_ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AFB22%3AF...png
    306 KB · Views: 4

similarly a lot sold in 232-236, upper corner closed end on home side

Attachments

• gophersports.evenue.net_cgi-bin_ncommerce3_SEGetEventInfo_ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AFB22%3AF...png
    gophersports.evenue.net_cgi-bin_ncommerce3_SEGetEventInfo_ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AFB22%3AF...png
    288.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Gopher Pass should get to select their seats today so that will take up some. No idea how many Gopher Passes they sold though.
We have at least 3 in our group. Willing to guess at least 1,000 to promote it for a second year.

upper corner sections 245 and 246 on open end, home side (at left in this image) just about sold out

243 and 244 for $82 (at right in this image) has a bunch left

Attachments

235.3 KB · Views: 3

They have also moved a lot of 239-242 at $225 and the Outdoor Clubs at $325.

Attachments

189.8 KB · Views: 7

What is your definition of "vast majority"?

This is as of 8:00 this morning:
View attachment 20853
Looks like the majority of the tickets in those sections are sold and pretty much all of the seats in the lower section directly below it are sold. So that's already ~75% sold from that view. You can nitpick what vast majority actually means but it's looking like 90+% will be sold by game time. To me that's vast majority.

Still not open to Gopher pass. They are waiting a little longer than normal on this one.

giphy.gif

Only a matter of time, baby! This sucker is gonna sellout!

Top Bottom