Purdue tickets left

Welp, I finally ponied up for tickets. Going to be my first game since 05. Hopefully the Gophers treat us to a fun experience.
So your first game in the "new" stadium? Have fun! It should be a great day to be at the bank. Brilliant sun, decent temps, decent opponent, and a historically good Gopher squad.

Looks like the majority of the tickets in those sections are sold and pretty much all of the seats in the lower section directly below it are sold. So that's already ~75% sold from that view. You can nitpick what vast majority actually means but it's looking like 90+% will be sold by game time. To me that's vast majority.
I wasn't nit picking what "vast majority" means. I asked for your definition of "vast majority". Here is an updated status. Is this "vast majority"? Also, wasn't it supposed to be 95% already yesterday? Now you use the prediction of 90%? Also, should we now be using "majority" instead of "vast majority"?

I have no idea how many will be in attendance tomorrow. Just trying to nail down the terms being used. The map certainly looks better than it did earlier this week. But if it is correct, and the Gopher Pass folks have their distributions, it still looks like a long way from a sellout.

I've heard the U gives a lot of unused tickets to charity. Hopefully that happens and if it is a LOT of tickets distributed that way, it will make this map look a lot better.

1664548092965.png

I wasn't nit picking what "vast majority" means. I asked for your definition of "vast majority". Here is an updated status. Is this "vast majority"? Also, wasn't it supposed to be 95% already yesterday? Now you use the prediction of 90%? Also, should we now be using "majority" instead of "vast majority"?

I have no idea how many will be in attendance tomorrow. Just trying to nail down the terms being used. The map certainly looks better than it did earlier this week. But if it is correct, and the Gopher Pass folks have their distributions, it still looks like a long way from a sellout.

I've heard the U gives a lot of unused tickets to charity. Hopefully that happens and if it is a LOT of tickets distributed that way, it will make this map look a lot better.

View attachment 20878
You can definitely tell where the price changes from maps like these.

It may just be me, but I think it's strange how the lower level sidelines sold out so quick, meanwhile there has been very little movement on the more manageable (albeit still expensive) upper level seats.

It may just be me, but I think it's strange how the lower level sidelines sold out so quick, meanwhile there has been very little movement on the more manageable (albeit still expensive) upper level seats.
I think a lot of season tickets are in the lower level sidelines, so those seats are already spoken for?

View attachment 20878
Purdue probably returned some tickets from their allotment.

What will be a nice thing to do is figure out a way to make some of the unsold tickets available to the underprivileged children and their families from across the State. The U can donate them or sell them to a non-profit foundation at a discount.

We need more kids dreaming of being a Gopher. Someone can figure out logistics and make it possible.

What will be a nice thing to do is figure out a way to make some of the unsold tickets available to the underprivileged children and their families from across the State. The U can donate them or sell them to a non-profit foundation at a discount.

We need more kids dreaming of being a Gopher. Someone can figure out logistics and make it possible.
A little patronizing, eh? Ah yes, let's help out the "poor folk" by bringing them to football games so hopefully they'll sacrifice their bodies for us later. Never mind giving them food or something.

"Ma'am, I know you're struggling so here's a few tickets to a football game that you won't even be able to afford the food at. Enjoy!"

Not trying to get all political here, but being from the city and going to a public school, this kinda thinking just rubs me the wrong way.

A little patronizing, eh? Ah yes, let's help out the "poor folk" by bringing them to football games so hopefully they'll sacrifice their bodies for us later. Never mind giving them food or something.

"Ma'am, I know you're struggling so here's a few tickets to a football game that you won't even be able to afford the food at. Enjoy!"

Not trying to get all political here, but being from the city and going to a public school, this kinda thinking just rubs me the wrong way.
It's not that way at all. I also have lived in the inner city and these sort of outings are necessary for kids to give them a break from the horrors they come in contact with every day. Big Brothers and Big Sisters (and other mentoring groups) depend on these outings to bond with their kids. It's also a lot of fun for very minimal cost.

If you'd get that chip off your shoulder, perhaps you could do something that mattered to future generations. Peace.

Yeah this is why I never give food or money to the homeless people I walk past on the streets. Why give them breakfast knowing they can't afford lunch, right?

It's not that way at all. I also have lived in the inner city and these sort of outings are necessary for kids to give them a break from the horrors they come in contact with every day. Big Brothers and Big Sisters (and other mentoring groups) depend on these outings to bond with their kids. It's also a lot of fun for very minimal cost.

If you'd get that chip off your shoulder, perhaps you could do something that mattered to future generations. Peace.
I'm fine with helping, it's that his motivation for helping was that he hopes they'll eventually becomes Gopher football players because of it.

Give because you want to give. Don't give because you expect something in return (i.e these kids playing football for us later).

I'm fine with helping, it's that his motivation for helping was that he hopes they'll eventually becomes Gopher football players because of it.

Give because you want to give. Don't give because you expect something in return (i.e these kids playing football for us later).
When I read "future Gopher" I don't assume Gopher football player. I went to the U and didn't play football. I'm still a Gopher. Or maybe he simply meant future Gopher fan.

Yeah this is why I never give food or money to the homeless people I walk past on the streets. Why give them breakfast knowing they can't afford lunch, right?
I think you're trying too hard to attack me. I don't see the correlation between your example and mine. Is it the food comment? If so, do you really think struggling moms can afford stadium food?

When I read "future Gopher" I don't assume Gopher football player. I went to the U and didn't play football. I'm still a Gopher. Or maybe he simply meant future Gopher fan.
I could have taken that the wrong way. Still seems a little self-serving though, but I'll shut up about it going forward. I've been reading here long enough to see soooo many threads get derailed.

I think you're trying too hard to attack me. I don't see the correlation between your example and mine. Is it the food comment? If so, do you really think struggling moms can afford stadium food?
My dad has been a Big for 12 years. He’s taken his little to so many events when they were given tickets. Sometimes by me. The kid (now 18) loves it. My dad can afford to buy food and drinks at the games. As could his mom. But the tickets helped them bond, the organization loved receiving them and there was a ton of interest in them.

Not everyone is like this but there are worse things than giving tickets to charity. Hungan wanting to “sell at a discount” was really the issue to me.

So your first game in the "new" stadium? Have fun! It should be a great day to be at the bank. Brilliant sun, decent temps, decent opponent, and a historically good Gopher squad.
You hit all the reasons why I'm going to be there! I've wanted to for years, but life gets in the way sometimes, bad weather other times, etc. It's expensive bringing 3 people to the game, but my 8 year old son might love the Gophers even more than I do. I think I'd really regret missing out on seeing this year's team, especially on a gorgeous early autumn day.

Last edited:

FSpYSnVX0AIpjRD.jpg

That's a HELLUVA idea and I would be full bore in support of that. I grew up on East Side of Saint Paul - and was firmly in a low-income home. I would have loved to see a gopher game as a kiddo. I did dream of being a Gopher at that age. I did freshman year ay Duluth and I've worked at the U for about ten years so in a way I guess I did eventually become a Bulldog/Gopher in some fashion.

Carlson Alum can afford to pay double. Come on ticket office!!

Gotta do something to fill that stadium. They can’t play wisconsin and Iowa every week so there fans fill it up.

Gotta do something to fill that stadium. They can’t play wisconsin and Iowa every week so there fans fill it up.
They don’t need to fill the stadium. Maybe if there wasn’t so much crime near Manny’s it would help?

I don't find it patronizing at all.
People have food and housing insecurity, and also want to have fun as well. Nobody is acting like Gopher tickets are a way out of poverty.
Oh and by the way, I'm sure you are aware that there are pathways to higher education - including the Pell, Subsidized Loans, MN State Grant, and in newly instituted policy - flat out FREE tuition if you meet the criteria.
It's not the flat out free-college-for-all I would promote, but I think your take comes off with some ill-will. The OP had a nice idea. Kids aren't tuned into socio-economic issues when they are 8....but they do like events and sports....so what's the harm in giving fun memories? Anyway, joykill alert.

They don’t need to fill the stadium. Maybe if there wasn’t so much crime near Manny’s it would help
Apparently not because it doesn’t happen enough. And that stadium is about 1/2 the size of the big ones in the conference. Really nice and I enjoy going there but small and they still don’t sell our regularly.

Almost cut in half in the last ~22 hours. Not sure it’ll quite be a sellout but seems like it’ll be pretty close.
Pretty Damn close and there is still 5 hours left till the ticket office closes (assuming they close at 5)

People have food and housing insecurity, and also want to have fun as well. Nobody is acting like Gopher tickets are a way out of poverty.
Oh and by the way, I'm sure you are aware that there are pathways to higher education - including the Pell, Subsidized Loans, MN State Grant, and in newly instituted policy - flat out FREE tuition if you meet the criteria.
It's not the flat out free-college-for-all I would promote, but I think your take comes off with some ill-will. The OP had a nice idea. Kids aren't tuned into socio-economic issues when they are 8....but they do like events and sports....so what's the harm in giving fun memories? Anyway, joykill alert.
These memories will positively impact these young kids who dare to dream. A simple act of kindness goes a long way.

One of these kids may grow up to be someone big and return the favor to the U and the State a thousand-fold.

Almost cut in half in the last ~22 hours. Not sure it’ll quite be a sellout but seems like it’ll be pretty close.
Honestly if there are only 2500 open seats it will feel just like a sellout.

Your post makes me want to change my mind from my initial post. I probably did take it with a chip on my shoulder or whatever. Anyways, thanks for the reply, it was constructive and got me to think about this in a different manner. (Far better than some of the other replies I might add.)

Your post makes me want to change my mind from my initial post. I probably did take it with a chip on my shoulder or whatever. Anyways, thanks for the reply, it was constructive and got me to think about this in a different manner. (Far better than some of the other replies I might add.)
No worries homie - I'm sure you have a good heart!

Top Bottom