Purdue tickets left

Thanks! Come find me in 226. I am honestly really worried that a lot of the students won't all abide by wearing gold. I really hope they give out free t-shirts to make this work. I can't even tell you how many of my friends have hit me up asking for a gold shirt/hoodie. Most students seem to prefer maroon. But this definitely can work though as we've already seen. I vividly remember the 2015 season opener against TCU and seeing a packed all-gold student section before the game even started. Curious to know if free tees were given out for that game.
Students got a free gold t-shirt with season tix purchase circa 2003-8 when I was there. It was expected you wore it to the game.

Do they not anymore?? Those were my workout tees for ages!
I believe 2017 was the last year they gave out shirts with tickets. They switched to digital after that, but I’m not sure why they still couldn’t have students go pick up shirts.

110 bucks for upper corner seats is the problem, IMO.
totally agree, I do not understand why the U doesn't have these tickets selling for between $30 and $50 bucks, or offering some sort of family plan. The marketing department is, and always HAS been, dismal, at best. Nobody over there has their thinking caps on trying to figure out a way to sell this, or any other, game out. It's just business as usual.

I’m in a lower level corner. My section. Rarely seems full. I count 33 tickets left. 7 or 8 are singles but I bet it gets close to sold out at $100 each. Seemed high to me but I also don’t see Purdue as a high value opponent. To me that’s Iowa, Michigan, Ohio St and wisconsin. Argument could be made for PSU as well.

I've offered over 10 people to go with me for free and not one taker at this point. 11am games are tough for anyone playing youth sports this time of year. Everything is overlapping right now. I agree that a 2-2 Purdue team isn't pushing the needle at this point.

Does homecoming really bring in fans? I just can’t imagine 3000 people being like “damn, homecoming. Let’s head back to our quaint little campus and catch the game”
3000 is a fraction of a percent of the U's alumni. I can totally see that number deciding the homecoming game is the one to attend.

I'll never understand the "We love the Gophers and hate the Vikings" (or vice versa) attitude. I'm a MINNESOTA fan. Whether it be the Gophers (men and women), Vikings, Lynx, Loons, Timberwolves, Whitecaps, etc. - if they are playing, I'm cheering for them. They represent my state.

What really drives me nuts, are people that were born and raised in MN and have never left the state, yet their favorite team is the Yankees, or the Dolphins, Knicks, etc. That just baffles me.
Exactly

I'll never understand the "We love the Gophers and hate the Vikings" (or vice versa) attitude. I'm a MINNESOTA fan. Whether it be the Gophers (men and women), Vikings, Lynx, Loons, Timberwolves, Whitecaps, etc. - if they are playing, I'm cheering for them. They represent my state.

What really drives me nuts, are people that were born and raised in MN and have never left the state, yet their favorite team is the Yankees, or the Dolphins, Knicks, etc. That just baffles me.
I generally agree with that. I am a Celtics fan, going back to the Kevin McHale days. Minnesota didn't have an NBA team at the time. I kind of warmed up the Timberwolves at the beginning. When they traded Kevin Garnett to none other than the Celtics it confirmed my belief to stick with them.

Does homecoming really bring in fans? I just can’t imagine 3000 people being like “damn, homecoming. Let’s head back to our quaint little campus and catch the game”
Lots of Alumni groups as well as frats/sororities plan functions during Homecoming week. It moves the needle some, but difficult to put a specific number on it.

I can sort of understand love the Gophers while having indifference to the Vikings/Wild/Wolves (or vice versa), but agree hating one or the other is perplexing.

I’m in a lower level corner. My section. Rarely seems full. I count 33 tickets left. 7 or 8 are singles but I bet it gets close to sold out at $100 each. Seemed high to me but I also don’t see Purdue as a high value opponent. To me that’s Iowa, Michigan, Ohio St and wisconsin. Argument could be made for PSU as well.
This is the problem....7 home games...they want to price three as premiums...Iowa is the only true premium draw....last year they had Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska...2019 they had Penn State, NE and WI...

This is the problem....7 home games...they want to price three as premiums...Iowa is the only true premium draw....last year they had Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska...2019 they had Penn State, NE and WI...
Exactly. I explained this to a coworker today. He is still buying tickets but wasn’t thrilled with the cost.

Exactly. I explained this to a coworker today. He is still buying tickets but wasn’t thrilled with the cost.
They will sell out the lower bowl and that is with the bench seats in the corners at $110 and the fifty yard line seats at $290.

If there are extra tickets, hopefully the U releases some more to the students at the end of the week
Has this happened before? My kid is trying to wrangle one more for a group of high school buddies and he said there is not much left for under $75 on the student re-sale market.

Last edited:

If there are extra tickets, hopefully the U releases some more to the students at the end of the week
How would this work? That is, would the students get assigned seats for the cost of a student ticket?

How would this work? That is, would the students get assigned seats for the cost of a student ticket?
Right, the student sections in the endzone have a maximum possible capacity. Let's say it is 10k (no idea). That means there can only be possible 10k tickets issued that offer that "student section general admission" (they don't assign seat numbers in the student section).

So, at best, I'd have to think they could take those "normal" tickets, that are assigned a particular season number in other sections, and offer to let students buy those (sitting in those seats) at a discounted price.

Of course, students either won't "get it" or just won't care, and will still try to cram into the student sections.

I call those fans posers lol (your second paragraph)

Front runners and/or haters.

The front runner part happens everywhere where their local teams never win it all and/or usually lose way more than they win.

you sit where you want first come first serve *in the student section. OP was saying giving students tickets not in the student section

Yeah I don't know the answer. Would think you could take a block of unsold tickets and take them off the main site but students would have to sit in those assigned seats. Obviously not a perfect system though.

People need to get out and support on Saturday. We don't have a home game again until October 29th. Game will be in the 60's and beautiful for football. Send this team into the bye on a sellout!
Agreed, we have to better in regards to support. I was in East Lansing last weekend and they were just short of a sellout, in a 75K stadium and we saw how that turned out.

People need to get out and support on Saturday. We don't have a home game again until October 29th. Game will be in the 60's and beautiful for football. Send this team into the bye on a sellout!
This!!

I really don't think people comprehend that this is going to be the last Gopher football game of the year where you don't need jackets, if not winter gear.

Agreed, we have to better in regards to support. I was in East Lansing last weekend and they were just short of a sellout, in a 75K stadium and we saw how that turned out.

To be fair, Michigan State had a decade-plus run of high performance under Dantonio - including a CFP appearance. Gophers make the CFP and we will be selling out most games!

Also, I was at the game last weekend and there isn't shit going on around that part of Michigan as far as other entertainment options. Detroit is well over an hour away. Spartans sports IS the main thing for people in that region.

you sit where you want first come first serve *in the student section. OP was saying giving students tickets not in the student section
even if they did get assigned seats, they will probably bail and go sit with their friends in the student section

I've offered over 10 people to go with me for free and not one taker at this point. 11am games are tough for anyone playing youth sports this time of year. Everything is overlapping right now. I agree that a 2-2 Purdue team isn't pushing the needle at this point.
I’ve had 5 people ask me! Happy to send someone your way!

Top Bottom