Purdue tickets left

I'll never understand the "We love the Gophers and hate the Vikings" (or vice versa) attitude. I'm a MINNESOTA fan. Whether it be the Gophers (men and women), Vikings, Lynx, Loons, Timberwolves, Whitecaps, etc. - if they are playing, I'm cheering for them. They represent my state.

What really drives me nuts, are people that were born and raised in MN and have never left the state, yet their favorite team is the Yankees, or the Dolphins, Knicks, etc. That just baffles me.
I understand the attitude if you love college sports but dislike nfl generally

whoops was thinking capacity was 55K not 50K. So attendance of 47K+ won't really matter if it isn't a sellout :)
Capacity was close to 55,000 the 2 years the Vikings played there with the portable seats in the plaza end zone added.

I take it as a good sign that a half dozen of my friends have reached out to me asking if I have any available this year. That's 3 more than I have ever had throughout my combined 25+ years as a season ticket holder, and 1 of those was from. a Hawkeye fan.

Referencing “Nosebleeds” in a 50K seat facility is disingenuous, if not an impossibility. I intentionally went from my season ticket seats in 238, during a NU game several years ago and sat in the top row (corner) just to check it out. Beautiful sight lines, no issues, great. If you have/had visited LSU, DKR Stadium, Sanford, Kyle Field, other biggies and etc., as I have been fortunate to experience, you would reconsider your definition.
Relative to the rest of the seats and the perception yes. Not as bad as a 80k stadium. I’ve been to Lincoln and Madison and agree our stadium is way more intimate. I just don’t think the casual fan will want to spend that kind of cash to sit in an upper corner. Williams arena upper corners are way closer than the football stadium and people won’t pay that kind of money to sit there either.

Relative to the rest of the seats and the perception yes. Not as bad as a 80k stadium. I’ve been to Lincoln and Madison and agree our stadium is way more intimate. I just don’t think the casual fan will want to spend that kind of cash to sit in an upper corner. Williams arena upper corners are way closer than the football stadium and people won’t pay that kind of money to sit there either.
The attempt to compare a football stadium to a basketball arena aside -- what do you think a reasonable price point is for these seats?

If you bundle games together and buy two games you can get them under $60 per game. Buy Purdue and Iowa and you can get it for reasonable price under $60. Purdue and Rutgers for $41 each game. They are trying to tie NW and Rutgers tickets to Iowa and Purdue and it's a good deal.

Referencing “Nosebleeds” in a 50K seat facility is disingenuous, if not an impossibility. I intentionally went from my season ticket seats in 238, during a NU game several years ago and sat in the top row (corner) just to check it out. Beautiful sight lines, no issues, great. If you have/had visited LSU, DKR Stadium, Sanford, Kyle Field, other biggies and etc., as I have been fortunate to experience, you would reconsider your definition.
Yeah, I routinely go to the top to watch a quarter from all different spots. They really nailed it with the design of the stadium.

Have you been to the stadium?

The attempt to compare a football stadium to a basketball arena aside -- what do you think a reasonable price point is for these seats?
If they don’t sell at 65 then 25-30 bucks. Just my opinion

I'll never understand the "We love the Gophers and hate the Vikings" (or vice versa) attitude. I'm a MINNESOTA fan. Whether it be the Gophers (men and women), Vikings, Lynx, Loons, Timberwolves, Whitecaps, etc. - if they are playing, I'm cheering for them. They represent my state.

What really drives me nuts, are people that were born and raised in MN and have never left the state, yet their favorite team is the Yankees, or the Dolphins, Knicks, etc. That just baffles me.
I'm the same way. In my man cave I have banners/pennants of the Vikes, Wolves, Wild, Loons and Gophers, as well as a flag of Minnesota State Moorhead, where I went to school. I can get not being into the Vikings if you're not really a fan of the NFL or are just generally indifferent to the league.

That's how I am toward the Twins since I'm not into baseball. But I still want them to do well since they're a Minnesota team.

As for the seats, I think a sellout could very well be likely. The weather is looking perfect, and I'm guessing there will be some local media stories as the week goes on about the team to entice interest.

At this point I think the seats will be pretty much full, the question remaining is how the striping will look.

Haven’t been to a home game since 2015, are tickets all electronic? Is there still scalpers around anymore? May take a stab at going to the Purdue game but won’t likely buy until game time.
I had an extra I sold as I walked to the gate....two random guys were looking for one...we just did the transfer on the gopher ticket website...phone to phone.

Last edited:

As for the seats, I think a sellout could very well be likely. The weather is looking perfect, and I'm guessing there will be some local media stories as the week goes on about the team to entice interest.

At this point I think the seats will be pretty much full, the question remaining is how the striping will look.
We had 50,805 for Ohio State
43,000 for BG 11 am cheaper ticket than this weeks game
46,000 for Bowling Green (11 am, cheaper tickets),
45,000 for NE (similar priced ticket to this Purdue game?)
41,000 for MD
46,382 for IL
49,376 for WI

44,000 for NMSU
44,000 for WIU
42,000 for CO (priced like this one?)

I think if they get 45,000 plus they would be doing good

Last edited:

Capacity was close to 55,000 the 2 years the Vikings played there with the portable seats in the plaza end zone added.

I take it as a good sign that a half dozen of my friends have reached out to me asking if I have any available this year. That's 3 more than I have ever had throughout my combined 25+ years as a season ticket holder, and 1 of those was from. a Hawkeye fan.
52,525, to be precise.

41,000 for MD
46,382 for IL
49,376 for WI

44,000 for NMSU
44,000 for WIU

We can do better than that. It's going to be 74 and sunny. It's Homecoming. No excuses.

41,000 for MD
46,382 for IL
49,376 for WI

44,000 for NMSU
44,000 for WIU

Yeah, makes me wonder how accurate the the counts are in these threads.

Last edited:

They might have to add some extra colors to the "stripe out" this weekend. "Bench" and "seatback" colors could be added to the existing maroon and gold stripes.

I have spent a lot of unnecessary time fretting over attendance over the years and it was around 2019 I just decided to let that go. If the U is okay with empty seats, so be it. If people don't understand college football or have been removed from it for so long that they don't care enough to go to a game when the team is on a historic upswing, so be it. If there is some economic model that says 8K empty overpriced seats is better for the U than 0 empty seats priced lower, so be it.

I would still love to see the stadium full, but I am doing my best not to worry about it when it isn't. It is crazy though to see U.S. Bank Stadium packed with tens of thousands of rednecks willing to pay considerably more to watch a team that will at best be on the playoff bubble again. I mean, I have always been the type of person that feels wearing a jersey is something for kids. I always dress in team colors/gear to show support, but jerseys just seem weird to me for anyone above the age of 18-20. And yet, I watch a Viking game on TV and the stands are not only full of 40 year olds in jerseys, but lots of face paint and goofy outfits too ("I'm gonna git myself on TV!!!").
You may be too thoughtful to post on this site.

Sounds like there are some deals to be had if you call the Gopher ticket office. Student tickets also are sold out now.

Sounds like there are some deals to be had if you call the Gopher ticket office. Student tickets also are sold out now.
Student tickets being sold out might be the most important part here. The energy, the enthusiasm they bring to the building and helping to solidify lifelong fans all starts with the students. Well done kids, now let’s get go work on the rest of the stadium!

Call them up and haggle?

Student tickets being sold out might be the most important part here. The energy, the enthusiasm they bring to the building and helping to solidify lifelong fans all starts with the students. Well done kids, now let’s get go work on the rest of the stadium!

If there are extra tickets, hopefully the U releases some more to the students at the end of the week

Thanks! Come find me in 226. I am honestly really worried that a lot of the students won't all abide by wearing gold. I really hope they give out free t-shirts to make this work. I can't even tell you how many of my friends have hit me up asking for a gold shirt/hoodie. Most students seem to prefer maroon. But this definitely can work though as we've already seen. I vividly remember the 2015 season opener against TCU and seeing a packed all-gold student section before the game even started. Curious to know if free tees were given out for that game.

Call them up and haggle?

Someone on the other board said they called and said they needed the cheapest tickets available and they got 3 in section 202 for $35 each + fees. Probably worth a call to see what they have.

Last edited:

If there are extra tickets, hopefully the U releases some more to the students at the end of the week
A lot of them are selling theirs on FB marketplace as well. I guess they just don't want to wake up and get drunk to cheer on the gophs.

I looked earlier tonight. It looked like tons of seats available all over the place. I guess there were a couple sections here and there down to singles but it looked like you could order up entire rows in many of the sections. Great to hear the student section is sold out. I’ll be surprised if this ends up an overall sellout based on what I saw.

We can do better than that. It's going to be 74 and sunny. It's Homecoming. No excuses.
Does homecoming really bring in fans? I just can’t imagine 3000 people being like “damn, homecoming. Let’s head back to our quaint little campus and catch the game”

Top Bottom