Purdue tickets left

Your post makes me want to change my mind from my initial post. I probably did take it with a chip on my shoulder or whatever. Anyways, thanks for the reply, it was constructive and got me to think about this in a different manner. (Far better than some of the other replies I might add.)
I don't think you had bad intentions with your post, even if I disagreed with it. Let's all move on with the topic of this thread, as GopherTheJugular has made it clear he doesn't want to derail the thread, and I commend him for staying out of an unnecessary debate. Let's all do the same.

Apparently not because it doesn’t happen enough. And that stadium is about 1/2 the size of the big ones in the conference. Really nice and I enjoy going there but small and they still don’t sell our regularly.

This has been discussed around here before. Unless they're winning big, College Teams in the same city as a Pro Team generally don't sellout.

Colorado, UCLA, USC, Pittsburgh, Miami, Arizona State, Tulane, TCU, Cal, Stanford? None have a string of sellouts. Washington, maybe the only one that has?

So the Gophers need to string together a few seasons of big time success to get a string of sellouts.

Probably never gonna stop getting the sniping from all the Iowa, Wisconsin and small college fans even then.

Last edited:

It will be disconcerting if we have a sellout or near sellout with many no-shows.

It would be nice if these folks who are not going to the game donated their wasted tickets to worthy causes.

The U Ticket Office must make it easy to do this.

It will be disconcerting if we have a sellout or near sellout with many no-shows.

It would be nice if these folks who are not going to the game donated their wasted tickets to worthy causes.

Every ticketholder already has that ability and can transfer at any time. Not the U's responsibility.

Guaranteed there will be empty seats. I think there are folks that just like to watch from the concourse. Since I'm in the upper deck and never leave during gametime, don't know if this is true on non-rainy days. All in all though very good to see.

Every time I call the ticket office I am put on hold for many, many minutes...sometimes I just give up and call back later. Methinks they've got enough on their plate.

It's ridiculously easy. I had bowl tickets last year but the plans feel through. I posted it here and transferred my tickets via the app like an hour or two before the game. Super simple.

Guaranteed there will be empty seats. I think there are folks that just like to watch from the concourse. Since I'm in the upper deck and never leave during gametime, don't know if this is true on non-rainy days. All in all though very good to see.
I know people who watch from the open end zone despite having really good seats. Lots of people milling about during games.

Your post makes me want to change my mind from my initial post. I probably did take it with a chip on my shoulder or whatever. Anyways, thanks for the reply, it was constructive and got me to think about this in a different manner. (Far better than some of the other replies I might add.)
Two Posts of the Day in the same thread.

I wasn't nit picking what "vast majority" means. I asked for your definition of "vast majority". Here is an updated status. Is this "vast majority"? Also, wasn't it supposed to be 95% already yesterday? Now you use the prediction of 90%? Also, should we now be using "majority" instead of "vast majority"?

I have no idea how many will be in attendance tomorrow. Just trying to nail down the terms being used. The map certainly looks better than it did earlier this week. But if it is correct, and the Gopher Pass folks have their distributions, it still looks like a long way from a sellout.

I've heard the U gives a lot of unused tickets to charity. Hopefully that happens and if it is a LOT of tickets distributed that way, it will make this map look a lot better.

View attachment 20878
A good amount of movement in these sections...

1664572417575.png

This has been discussed around here before. Unless they're winning big, College Teams in the same city as a Pro Team generally don't sellout.

Colorado, UCLA, USC, Pittsburgh, Miami, Arizona State, Tulane, TCU, Cal, Stanford, none have a string of sellouts. Washington, maybe the only one that has?

So the Gophers need to string together a few seasons of big time success to get a string of sellouts.

Probably never gonna stop getting the sniping from all the Iowa, Wisconsin and small college fans even then.
Be interesting to see if they become a consistent winner if they start to draw more. My guess would be that they will. Cool atmosphere and I like the stadium. The classic brick look is sweet.

They need to raise the price of the upper deck corners fir Rutgers...currently $35.
We had two extra tickets in Section 246, cheap seats, for the Colorado game. Sold them for 65.00 each. Did not see the people who purchased them. People looking for a last minute good time will sell this game out.

Be interesting to see if they become a consistent winner if they start to draw more. My guess would be that they will. Cool atmosphere and I like the stadium. The classic brick look is sweet.

Absolutely agree. The stadium design, from the architecture to the sight lines, is very good. And for us old farts, the current stadium is reminiscent of old Memorial Stadium. I love that, because it harkens back to the days when this program was a national power, which is a good thing to remember as we strive to return to that status.

I'm sure this might be buried in one of the old ticket count threads, but does anyone know how to find the exact count of unsold tickets? I looked on the website but couldn't find it anywhere

I know people who watch from the open end zone despite having really good seats. Lots of people milling about during games.
Do fans milling about have to come prepared with both a Maroon shirt and a Gold shirt? Maybe they could get by with a half and half or better yet a Maroon shirt with Gold stripes!

Do fans milling about have to come prepared with both a Maroon shirt and a Gold shirt? Maybe they could get by with a half and half or better yet a Maroon shirt with Gold stripes!
It would be super cool if for people who bought this week in the receipt in bold it said what color to wear.

Top Bottom