Paul Chryst out at wisconsin!

Are Wisconsin’s issues this year more from the offense, defense, or a combination? Leonhard has been DC for five years now so these are his recruits and results. Maybe he’ll pan out as head coach, maybe not.

This seems like a desperation move. Maybe it works out.
They don't have the stud linebackers they're used to having.

Offense looks ok with Heisman quality RB and multiple NFL olineman....

Without those...

Kind of quick if you ask me, doesn't make Wisconsin fan base look very good, The road to being a mediocre program is to make knee jerk reactions based on a partial seasonal results.

Weren't they 6-3 last year and 7-2 the year before COVID.

$16.5 million to broadcast games for TV next year...I'd take it. Firing a coach who averages 9+ wins per season and paying him $16.5 million? Was sconnie jeolous of Nebby? Here hold my beer...

Chryst's early success largely came from prior coaches' recruits.
WI and Chryst started down the slippery slope in losing to a mediocre OR team in the Rose Bowl because of a lack of concentration and intensity.
Jonathon Taylor covered multiple of sins for three years.
MN fans should not be happy about this.
WI is not NE with dreams of national championships or fire the coach.
The program was close to permanent mediocrity.
This is the correct assessment.

As a Gopher fan, I hope to hell the people behind this decision are chomping at the bit to hire a "basketball-on-grass", offensive minded coach.

Urban’s name always comes up but dude didn’t even try to do his job at Jacksonville….

People want to give him guaranteed money?!?!?!

Why on earth would you take less than what was contractually owed you when your employer fires your ass? I’d have that $16.5M hitting my bank account before I left the facility.
There was a similar rumor about Frost.

Turned out to be 100% BS.

Why on earth would you take less than what was contractually owed you when your employer fires your ass? I’d have that $16.5M hitting my bank account before I left the facility.
I have to wonder if they don’t do it if they have to pay the full amount.

He’s also a Wisconsin guy through and through so he maybe wants what is best for the program more than himself.

I have to wonder if they don’t do it if they have to pay the full amount.

He’s also a Wisconsin guy through and through so he maybe wants what is best for the program more than himself.
Yeah maybe, but they just fired me so the loyalty just came to a screeching halt.

Do you think there’s a fired Big Ten coaches support group? I would pay a few bucks to be a fly on the wall and hear the complaints in a room with Brewster, Pelini, Frost, Chryst, Mason, Lovie, Hoke, and company.

I must say, watching our GopherHole-resident Badger trolls twist themselves into pretzel-shapes as they try to spin this news as 'positive' takes some of the sting out of losing to Purdue!

I feel for Paul Chryst, but from my perspective as a Gopher fan, this is fun.

Do you think there’s a fired Big Ten coaches support group? I would pay a few bucks to be a fly on the wall and hear the complaints in a room with Brewster, Pelini, Frost, Chryst, Mason, Lovie, Hoke, and company.
Jerry Kill is the moderator!

Top Bottom