Paul Chryst out at wisconsin!

Chryst's early success largely came from prior coaches' recruits.
WI and Chryst started down the slippery slope in losing to a mediocre OR team in the Rose Bowl because of a lack of concentration and intensity.
Jonathon Taylor covered multiple of sins for three years.
MN fans should not be happy about this.
WI is not NE with dreams of national championships or fire the coach.
The program was close to permanent mediocrity.

Crazy didn't think they'd do it midessason.

Curious who they go after. Leonard seems obvious, but 16 million buyout to promote DC?

He is the second BIG West coach fired in the first five games of the season. Gophers could have owned the west this year, as it stands I think Illinois is the team to beat. We can still have a great year if Mo is healthy, without him we are so pedestrian on the offensive side of the ball.

He is the second BIG West coach fired in the first five games of the season. Gophers could have owned the west this year, as it stands I think Illinois is the team to beat. We can still have a great year if Mo is healthy, without him we are so pedestrian on the offensive side of the ball.

Barry Alvarez is no longer AD, if I'm not mistaken.

Damn - I was hoping they’d stick with him. They had gotten stale and I was sure we had a coaching advantage. Hope they don’t get someone good.
It will be Jim Leonard for sure. Zero doubt on that

Chryst's early success largely came from prior coaches' recruits.
WI and Chryst started down the slippery slope in losing to a mediocre OR team in the Rose Bowl because of a lack of concentration and intensity.
Jonathon Taylor covered multiple of sins for three years.
MN fans should not be happy about this.
WI is not NE with dreams of national championships or fire the coach.
The program was close to permanent mediocrity.
He won with Gary Anderson's recruits? How many are still there?

Apparently, nowadays in Madison, 10 wins per season gets you fired.

I would imagine the new coaching candidates will all be aware of that fact.

It makes me wonder: would 11 wins per season allow you to keep you job? Maybe 11 wins means you're still there, but you get a pay cut and a stern dressing-down.

The Sconnies think they are equal to Ohio State. We'll see how that works out for them.

Illinois lost to mediocre Indiana.

Illinois much improved if we play our best we'll win.

Last edited:

They don't want to lose Leonhard, just need a new QB and an innovative OC.
I hope they hire an innovative Oc and lose their identity

This is a move from hubris.
Rather than being content as the 3-4th best program in the conference they are risking implosion and I’m here for it.
Because even with that innovation at Oc they don’t have the potential of an Ohio state Michigan penn state as a program.

If I’m them I double down on my identity

I don’t see UW being willing to sell their souls for Urban. Just a hunch, they seem very protective of their reputation and avoiding major scandals
I hope you are correct. No to Urban!

Are Wisconsin’s issues this year more from the offense, defense, or a combination? Leonhard has been DC for five years now so these are his recruits and results. Maybe he’ll pan out as head coach, maybe not. Young guy, short resumé.

This seems like a desperation move. Maybe it works out. Wisconsin fans are probably sad it didn’t work out. We hardly knew you, Paul.

Crazy didn't think they'd do it midessason.

Curious who they go after. Leonard seems obvious, but 16 million buyout to promote DC?
DC was leaving this off-season

Now they get a tryout
If they fired Chryst at the end of the season same thing but no tryout

This also means Wisconsin doesn’t think Illinois is great (neither do I)

Are Wisconsin’s issues this year more from the offense, defense, or a combination? Leonhard has been DC for five years now so these are his recruits and results. Maybe he’ll pan out as head coach, maybe not.

This seems like a desperation move. Maybe it works out.
It won’t and I’m here for it.
Wisconsin is the new Nebraska

The era of Illinois, Purdue, and Minnesota is here right before they shit can divisions

Top Bottom