Other Bowl Games In-Game Thread

Overall attendance hasn't been very good at any of the bowl games today.

But I'm sure we will hear about the Gophers poor following on Monday.

Ucla shouldn't even have had the ball.... how do you miss a face mask like that? #bigtenrefs

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Boy Nebby looks so disinterested playing in this bowl.....

Maybe the coaches not getting their bonuses had something to do with it

*as soon as i said that, here comes Nebby!

Overall attendance hasn't been very good at any of the bowl games today.

But I'm sure we will hear about the Gophers poor following on Monday.

I could spare you the suspense but I'll let you be disappointed on your own terms.

Nebraska just got royally effed. No way, no how, by any measure is that targeting.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

That was NOT targeting. Terrible officiating crew..

What a joke. Nebraska player makes a textbook tackle and they call targeting, doesn't get overturned. Mitch Leidner gets drilled in the head by a defender leading with his head and it is overturned in a matter of seconds.

This rule has to change. What are you supposed to do?

It's enough to make me consider stopping supporting the game. Totally the reason I could care less about the NBA anymore....terrible and questionable motives officiating.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So so bad.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Absolutely horrible. Should not even be a penalty.

Need to start dumping officials.

Time to review it AND still ejected. How embarrassing.

Absolutely horrible. Should not even be a penalty.

Need to start dumping officials.

Time to review it AND still ejected. How embarrassing.

The rule needs to be changed, especially the automatic ejection. There are certain plays that deserve an ejection. That was not even close to it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there needs to be two levels of targeting like there is in basketball with the flagrant foul. Player only gets ejected if the targeting is severe.

It would have been great if Pelini was still on the sidelines after that call though. Pure entertainment.

It would have been great if Pelini was still on the sidelines after that call though. Pure entertainment.

True...but you shouldn't have to change the rule to get that abortion fixed.

That was either blindness or stupidity.

Seems we've lost the ability to do 'what's right'.

Just bad. And to the guy who always comes to the defense of offcials, blow it out your rear end. This was pathetic, and it's got nothing to do with fan bias. I hate Nebraska. That guy got screwed.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

The rule needs to be changed, especially the automatic ejection. There are certain plays that deserve an ejection. That was not even close to it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there needs to be two levels of targeting like there is in basketball with the flagrant foul. Player only gets ejected if the targeting is severe.

When in doubt, you have to protect the defenseless player no matter what...

[video]http://www.startribune.com/new-video-clip-shows-perry-s-helmet-hitting-leidner-s-facemask/343308762/[/video]

I think it has something to do with trying to minimize the number of hog-eye fans who injure themselves.

They could just use a laser to project the height of the upright for review purposes but I guess the technology is not there yet.

If any part of the ball goes "over" the upright, the kick is no good. Lasers would have confirmed it was no good.

The under camera angle was greatly skewed. Of course it looked good, but an official standing directly under the upright has the best view. This is one that goes to the refs.

If any part of the ball goes "over" the upright, the kick is no good. Lasers would have confirmed it was no good.

The under camera angle was greatly skewed. Of course it looked good, but an official standing directly under the upright has the best view. This is one that goes to the refs.

So...why not put lasers on the goal posts? Not really that high-tech in this day and age.

I was only kidding about the laser technology not being available. Hwy is correct about the rule but it would be relatively easy to install lasers to determine if the ball would have been in between the posts if they had been taller.

Goalposts with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Baylor has over 560 yards rushing and there is still 13 minutes left.

LSU vs. TT. LSU starting to run away from TT. I'd like to watch those two fan bases interact (swamp trash vs. panhandle trash).

Mike Bobo moronically doesn't let Nevada score from the 5 yard line on 1st down, instead they score on 3rd down 1 full minute later leaving only 59 seconds. CSU then drives to the Nevada 10 yard line and runs out of time. Bet he wishes he had that extra minute. 28-23 final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Bobo moronically doesn't let Nevada score from the 5 yard line on 1st down, instead they score on 3rd down 1 full minute later leaving only 59 seconds. CSU then drives to the Nevada 10 yard line and runs out of time. Bet he wishes he had that extra minute. 28-23 final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If no one saw this game, did it actually happen?

Mountain West now 1-1 all-time in the Arizona Bowl.

Top Bottom