Ohio State vs Oregon CFP Title Game Thread

Oregon has given up. Looks like our recruiting pitch is set for the foreseeable future - "come play the 2015 national champions once every several years, or maybe not at all." We comin'

Oregon has given up. Looks like our recruiting pitch is set for the foreseeable future - "come play the 2015 national champions once every several years, or maybe not at all." We comin'

dumb. just saying.

Damn......four fumbles and OSU is still managing to dominate this game. Can't wait to hear the ESPN spin.

dumb. just saying.

I don't see, honestly, how Ohio State winning helps our program. The conference having a good bowl season? Sure, I can buy it. But this will literally build OSU and the teams willing to pour money to keep up (Michigan) into great, national power, Alabama-type teams and I fear we will see no benefit. We're going up against OSU for more recruits than we are against Oregon in most years.

Plus, we have to deal with their insufferable fans more than we have to deal with Oregon's insufferable fans.

We held OSU and likely Heisman finalist Barrett to 31 points, so I am just going to go ahead and say it: We're better than Oregon! We're better than Oregon! We're better than Oregon! ;)

% chance Braxton Miller or Cardale Jones transfer? And percent chance they transfer to the U of M?

Braxton: 70%, and 1% chance he transfers to the U of M.
Cardale: 40%, and 0% chance he comes here.

I don't see, honestly, how Ohio State winning helps our program. The conference having a good bowl season? Sure, I can buy it. But this will literally build OSU and the teams willing to pour money to keep up (Michigan) into great teams and I fear we will see no benefit. We're going up against OSU for more recruits than we are against Oregon in most years.

Plus, we have to deal with their insufferable fans more than we have to deal with Oregon's insufferable fans.

Sounds like a scary place......the self-loathing, defeatist world you live in. :p

P.S. Helps B1G conference rep around the country, which in turns helps the U of M rep. Not that difficult to figure out, imo.

% chance Braxton Miller or Cardale Jones transfer? And percent chance they transfer to the U of M?

Who was suggesting either of them were transferring to the U of M? Or anywhere in the B1G conference for that matter? Your post doesn't make a lot of sense really as no one was trying to make such a point. And if any OSU qb transfers anywhere at all....it likely will not be within the B1G conference.

Don't see jones leaving. He fits Urbans offense like a glove. Miller will be gone this off-season. Barrett will be back as well

Sounds like a scary place......the self-loathing, defeatist world you live in. :p

Eh. Not like I'm scared, I just don't see the benefit to the Gophers. Would prefer the teams we play more frequently to not have another huge advantage. Maybe it will get us better players in the future. If it does, I'll gladly eat crow. Right now all I see is a conference opponent that will run roughshod over opponents for the foreseeable future, especially with the added bump they'll get in coming years by having that natty trophy

I don't see, honestly, how Ohio State winning helps our program. The conference having a good bowl season? Sure, I can buy it. But this will literally build OSU and the teams willing to pour money to keep up (Michigan) into great, national power, Alabama-type teams and I fear we will see no benefit. We're going up against OSU for more recruits than we are against Oregon in most years.

Makes big ten look like the place for premier players. This has been discussed ad nauseam. The best want to play the best

I don't see, honestly, how Ohio State winning helps our program. The conference having a good bowl season? Sure, I can buy it. But this will literally build OSU and the teams willing to pour money to keep up (Michigan) into great teams and I fear we will see no benefit. We're going up against OSU for more recruits than we are against Oregon in most years.

I don't think it helps much but it could change the perception of the conference for some recruits. Guys who maybe wouldn't even give the staff the time of day might at least listen.

Some media members have said in the last few weeks that they were wrong about the Big Ten and that the conference isn't as bad as they thought. I would think recruits would think the same thing.

Eh. Not like I'm scared, I just don't see the benefit to the Gophers. Would prefer the teams we play more frequently to not have another huge advantage. Maybe it will get us better players in the future. If it does, I'll gladly eat crow. Right now all I see is a conference opponent that will run roughshod over opponents for the foreseeable future, especially with the added bump they'll get in coming years by having that natty trophy

That will probably happen regardless of how the game ends up tonight. Ohio St. is extremely talented and we don't have to play them very often (at least not during the regular season :p).

You do understand that we played these same OSU guys 31-24 this year right? And that next year and future years beyond that our program will likely continue to get stronger and more consistent year in and year out. Man, some of you really need to start believing in and truly seeing the long-term stability and consistency of the program and system (which is in fact what is happening at Bierman) and stop always looking for something to unnecessarily self-loathe about. Just my two cents.

That will probably happen regardless of how the game ends up tonight. Ohio St. is extremely talented and we don't have to play them very often (at least not during the regular season :p).

That's fair :)

Hopefully if it does spark a new arms race in the conference we keep up. It would be a refreshing, very welcome, change

Not a bad game plan by second best coach in the conference this year ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is OSU's 3rd string QB better than our first? That hurts.

This is the 59-0 Big Ten Championship but with four OSU turnovers. These guys are a great football team.

That's fair :)

Hopefully if it does spark a new arms race in the conference we keep up. It would be a refreshing, very welcome, change

Like I already mentioned, I don't think it means we'll start signing a bunch of 4-star kids or anything. Just that if OSU winning it all convinces a few recruits that the Big Ten isn't so bad and the Gophers are worth a look, then I think it benefits us.

Of course, it's impossible to ever really know.

If anyone is wondering, we play OSU in 2015 and 2018. The schedule goes out to 2019.

Of course Wisconsin only plays OSU during the regular season two times between 2014 and 2019 (6 seasons).

Like I've been saying since Oregon very nearly lost to Wazzu and then to Arizona at home, they were overrated. They had noticeable flaws.

TCU should have made it in instead of FSU or Oregon. FSU made it b/c despite looking bad all year, they never lost. Oregon made it by putting up big numbers on weaker PAC 12 defenses.

It was a down year in the PAC 12 and SEC. Looking forward to next season.

If anyone is wondering, we play OSU in 2015 and 2018. The schedule goes out to 2019.

Of course Wisconsin only plays OSU during the regular season two times between 2014 and 2019 (6 seasons).

2019 is our rose bowl year!

Big Ten beats the champions of the SEC, Pac 12, and Big 12 this postseason.

Top Bottom