***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA BT WEST TITLE, AXE GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Unlike Iowa, where we knew we'd be chasing the entire 2nd half. It's a completely different game if we come out and score to open up the half here.

We won last year primarily because we ran it down their throat. Very different outcome today. Doesn’t even seem to be a commitment to the run at all, which is really puzzling in these conditions.
They're selling out against the run with a safety in the box almost every snap. They decided there's no way they're losing on the ground like last year. Minnesota needs to adjust, simple as that. Sucks, but they had a good gameplan with the wind and everything.

It is going to come down to winning the LOS. Pretty simple. Win those battles in the 2nd half.

Can't plan for every situation throughout the year, but in bad weather, we can't knock anybody off the ball running the spread. No lead blocker to run or blitz pickup when we throw - which too often has been in long yardage situations. Do not use the Wildcat again if we can't do more out of it!!!

We won last year primarily because we ran it down their throat. Very different outcome today. Doesn’t even seem to be a commitment to the run at all, which is really puzzling in these conditions.
If you have witnessed an ability to run the ball today,, then you are one of few. Wisconsin loading up the box every play.

Not counting Morgan's 3 sacks, 1st half total rushing yards of 35 yards with 1 rush of 23......OL not doing it

I don’t know how to improve our oline at halftime but they better get better or we r screwed! Can someone tell me???

First possession will be crucial in third quarter. At halftime, Wisconsin looks the stronger, more confident team, and their play-calling on both offense and defense is better than ours.

Yes, Tanner has limited time. This is not new. However, today Tanner’s decision making is very uncharacteristic. He is seeing ghosts, no pocket awareness, throwing into 4 white shirts more than once. He is not playing like he has.

Martin is clearly injured, which is why Carter was in man coverage.

This can't go on.

This quarter will be key. I'm guessing we go into the wind this quarter.
Need to keep it to 10 or less heading to the 4th when we will get the wind.

I wasn't a fan of punting on 4th and 2, but I don't think it mattered too much.

We will need a big play or two to win this.
It appears we aren't winning the trenches today on either side.
The mindset matters to your team. Wisconsin had the opposite approach. Players are not dumb.

Martin is clearly injured, which is why Carter was in man coverage.

This can't go on.
The roster continues to have depth issues, which are being helped as each year under PJ goes on; but this year it remains thin in certain areas, two of which (OL and LB) just so happened today early.

We need faster quicker slants behind the blitzing linebackers. Shorter routes should work.
Yep. Can't figure out why those quick over the middle passes aren't there. Can't see it on TV either.

The 0-13 (or whatever it is) when trailing at the half is misleading. PJ and co have usually made good halftime adjustments, but a lot of those games were already getting out of reach. Only one of them was this year, and we won the 2nd half. I think they find the answer.

Big drive here.

Quick stop or turnover please.

Drive turned sour! TM hurt. 3rd and 10 and we RUN?!? ??‍♂️

Bad drop by Johnson. Too much RUTM.

Let's get a big stop right now. SKI-U-MAH!

Top Bottom