***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA BT WEST TITLE, AXE GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Sports often suck. I don't like them right now. The Red Menace deserved to win by so much. We're good, but a long way from great. You tell me we hold Taylor to the yardage he had, I'd tell you we win by 21. But again, sports often suck.

Even if we win our bowl game...Do we get any respect next year? I'm expecting the media and the fans to completely ignore the team until they're 8-0 again.
I expect us to be un-ranked to start the season and picked behind W, IA and Nebraska in preseason B1G west predictions.

Too much focus on Gameday.
No, dude. A trio of early, big injuries changed the entire game. Up to that point, albeit a short period of time, Gophers were dominating. Shiit happens, though, and to MN sports seemingly always. The best of teams overcome those things. The Gophers, as good as they are this year, are not the best, as proven by inability to overcome those obstacles. This is a big, bad bump. Row the Boat, and keep moving forward.

Stating an opinion is not freaking out. If this isn’t a choke then the word has no meaning.

It can be widely accepted that the term in question lacks substantial meaning beyond a disappointing loss
We haven't lost a game this year to timeout usage. Last year either.

TO use has been frustrating under Fleck; but, no, I cannot fully attach blame to the pattern of there use.

The odd TO use does seem to highlight game management/play calling/signalling issues that need to be addressed. Not sure the team/staff are mature enough to not think it is part of growing pains and little else.

The team's early success today was a house of cards that eventually collapsed. We won last year with dominant line play and lost the same way today for the same reason. After all these decades, football is still won and lost in the trenches. When you can push the other team back, you go for it on 4th and 2 without hesitation. I might disagree with that decision nonetheless, but I understand it.

This thing is on the way up, and there are great days ahead. Even Alabama laid an egg in a game this year. That's sports.

The Iowa game, more than this game, should haunt Gopher fans for a long time. That was absolutely winnable, which would have allowed us to clinch the Big Ten West last week against Northwestern. But mistakes, drops, ineffective O line play and a horrible first half of defense killed us and forced a must-win against an even better Wisconsin team.

Top Bottom