***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Compare this lineup to the "other" lineup.

Willis Battle
Loewe Curry
Thompson Stevens
Daniels Ihnen
Sutherlin Fox

Ben wins a Big Ten game with a lineup of sick and injured on the bench that is much stronger than the lineup he played. (Note: talent, not necessarily heart. And not necessarily means the hurt/injured lineup would play with just as much heart as we saw today. Anybody who doesn't can't play for Ben Johnson).

I assume a broken hand means Ramburg is out for the year? Too bad if so. He was giving some decent minutes.

Just a never give up toughness in this team. They reflect their coach. Fun to watch!
They play ridiculously smart too. I get that mistakes are made but those are usually made because we are outmatched physically.

They had absolutely no business even being in this game. But you're right, they are tough and smart.

At least 3 or 4 times, Rutgers was hitting everything, and went up 3 or 4 points. I'm thinking that's it. We kept coming back every single time though.
Just like the close games they won in the non-conference against lesser teams. That's what made this game so amazing: Rutgers is real good, and the Gophs were so shorthanded. Trying to get my head around it totally.

The game plan worked well. Shortened the game by using up most of the shot clock but it wasn’t just one guy trying to make a play on their own every possession. 18 assists on 26 made buckets. Guys played a ton of minutes but it didn’t seem like they ever got too tired.

A few thoughts:

1. There are no easy road wins in the B1G.
2. Rutgers looked like they thought they were going to pick up an easy road win today. They were playing like they expected the gophers to fold. Never happened.
3. Ron Harper Jr. definitely has NBA talent. It's too bad that he doesn't care enough to get himself in good enough shape to play in the NBA.
4. Treyton Thompson isn't exactly All B1G. However, I'm not sure why it took desperate circumstances for Johnson to give him a shot with a roster that's incredibly thin. He's definitely capable of contributing.
5. Johnson is a really, really good coach. Rutgers is a much better team with superior size and talent, especially offensively. Johnson threw just enough different defensive looks at Rutgers to keep them from taking over the game. Rutgers went on two or three 7 point runs. It could have and should have been much worse.
6. My guess is that Willis got really frustrated playing behind Carr and that's why he transferred. I'd take Willis over Carr all day, every day.
7. Outstanding win today. It will be fun to see what the program looks like in a couple of years.

First start, 40 minutes, 6 rebounds, 10 points. Got to be a great confidence builder for him. Would not mind seeing him at center and Curry at the power forward position at times in the future.
What you like--and what made him a high-rated recruit--is his versatility. He was essentially playing forward in this game, and he did the things forwards do, including jump shoot and take a few dribbles when necessary.

Agreed. Awfully strange time to be on here downplaying a win. I'm sure missing 3 of your top 4 scorers is a bigger disadvantage than home/road if you ask pretty much any coach.
Statistically for sure

Come on built, give credit when its do
All credit due of course. We play like i have been craving for decades. Extremely well coached by the whole staff. Said it when we hired him that Thorson is one of the best teachers i have met. Was only pointing out that Rutgers under their present staff has been horrible on the road. That fact does not take away anything that happened on the floor today.

Top Bottom