*** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA-WESTERN MICHIGAN GAME THREAD ***

Awesome!!!!!!

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

if gray comes back this year, gotta think as a WR. Shortell likes phenomenal

Barker is the new Decker!

Kill may be the angriest in game coach I've ever seen. always yelling at somebody. not complaining tho, i like coaching angry

Do you see the difference in play calling with Shortell in there? Gray = Rush, QB rush, QB rush. Shortell = Rush, Pass, Pass.

Nice to have a QB that can see multiple receivers. Amazing how this opens up the offense.

I'm not sold on Shortell just yet... like someone said it's tough for WMU because they didn't gameplan for Shortell just like Shortell looked decent against USC last year & got murdered against Michigan when he started...

I'm loving his accuracy & arm strength right now tho... Willie Beamen is officially in the building...

Gotta see how Max looks after WMU makes adjustments at halftime.

Smart words. Like last year he looked good in relief and awful in starts.

So why do we automatically minimize our offense, with our "starting QB?" Who should really be the starting QB?

Shortell is obviously the Heisman favorite at this point. C'mon QB rating of 239.1 coming into today. Running a 368.3 rating today!

Naw but seriously:

Shortell - 5 for 6, 125 yards, 2 TD's
Barker - 4 catches, 83 yards, 2 TD's

The future's so bright, I gotta wear :cool:

Shortell, 5-6 125 yrds 2 TDs.

May Gray have a quick recovery and play full back, tight end or WR.

Gray doesn't play with the urgency you'd like to see, but with Shortell, the game will be different - and for God's sake, stop running him! If he goes down, we're dead. Let him pass and others run. When Gray recovers, maybe both can get playing time.

Shortell, 5-6 125 yrds 2 TDs.

May Gray have a quick recovery and play full back, tight end or WR.

We don't need a FB with Shortell playing, Alipate has TE locked up, and Barker is the new Decker. Gray can focus on his new upcoming movie: Return of the Predator. heh, jk

PEOPLE WMU DID NOT PREPARE FOR MAX. THEY PREPARED FOR GRAY. THIS DOES NOT MEAN HE SHOULD BE STARTING BECAUSE A TEAM THAT DIDN'T PREPARE FOR HIM CANT STOP HIM. THAT'S LIKE CALLING A KID STUPID FOR FAILING A MATH TEST CAUSE HE WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE A SPELLING TEST.

We don't even try to open up the playbook like that with Gray in there.

I'm curious to see if the Gopher coaches call a conservative game now, half out of respect for Gray and in an attempt to minimize controversy...or will they blow the lid off this thing and make it a party?

Last year, we didn't have the receiving game we have this year. Everyone has improved. And even Max admitted he had no clue what was going on last year, as a true freshman. You can even see it in the play calling. It's like they have no confidence in Gray, so they rarely call for a pass.

We don't need a FB with Shortell playing, Alipate has TE locked up, and Barker is the new Decker. Gray can focus on his new upcoming movie: Return of the Predator. heh, jk

:clap:

Top Bottom